[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Career opportunities at the worst time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: rubbedyrub.gif (722KB, 250x149px) Image search: [Google]
rubbedyrub.gif
722KB, 250x149px
>work at a small store
>really nice, decent pay, most of the employees are close friends
>applied at a hospital for a lab assistant job ages ago
>somehow get a call from them last week
>go in for interview
>lab supervisor says that the job wouldn't fit in with my school schedule
>BUT
>she sees I have experience in phlebotomy
>mentions there will be openings in that department soon
>basically spend the rest of the interview talking about that
>goes really well
>meet lab director on the way out, tell her what happened
>"oh, do you wanna draw my blood right now?"
>wait really? well, okay
>perform perfect venipuncture on her
>very impressed
>tells me to apply for the opening which should be there next week

>later that day
>get text from supervisor at current job
>our manager got fired, everyone will be at max hours, especially supervisor
>almost nobody applies at our store
>oh shit

So what should I do? Turn down the opportunity I've been spending years searching for, or give all my friends at my current store the finger by walking out at such a bad time?
>>
>>18407946
if you stay at that store you'll be working there til you fucking die man
>>
>>18407946
From your post it seems you're really looking forward to do the hospital job for long time, go for it then, what are you waiting for? If it's about your friends at the store, they'll hold up and will be good again in no time.
Except if you're really looking forward to own the store or maybe learn to start business yourself more than doing the hospital job, it's an easy choice.
>>
yeah definitely take the new job.
If your friends are truly your friends they will be excited for you.
just do the due diligence of letting your boss know you're interviewing for a job next week and put in your two weeks.
>>
Move
>>
Take the new job.

Your friends at work will understand you if you explain the situation properly. I mean, if they got that kind of chance they would have probably done the same thing.
>>
I assume the new job would pay more, and make you happier.
Fucking take it. They can put up help wanted signs if they need new people. You have no obligations to stay, especially if a better employment opportunity comes that will further your career.
>>
New job > old job. Especially if you can work out higher pay. Try to finish degree above all.
>>
File: do it faget.jpg (13KB, 271x277px) Image search: [Google]
do it faget.jpg
13KB, 271x277px
>>18407946
pic related
>>
You gotta look after yourself, man. It's your career. They'll understand, and fuck'em if they don't.

There's really no choice to make here. Apologize profusely to your friends who work there, quit, and take the new job.
>>
I suppose you guys are right. To be honest, I would have had to leave after this year to do my clinicals. I just hope they won't hate me for this. I really need references.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.