[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In two minds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

The girl I'm dating made out with another guy. She's never been in a serious relationship, and seemed apologetic and put it down to her weakness of character and us not being in a fully fledged relationship.

We live an hour apart, but since my car crash I don't have access to a car (But will have again in a month) so seeing her is difficult.

I don't know whether to let it slide and let our relationship develop more or to just be done. Sure, we aren't extremely serious but I would never partake in the same course of action given the opportunity.
>>
I think it's important also to note that when she didn't lie - but wasn't honest - when I asked her what she did. Basically I asked her what she did tonight and she said she went to a party with my friends. She left out making out with the guy. But then when I said I knew she came clean.
>>
>>18407802
>but I would never partake in the same course of action given the opportunity
Then you hold her to the same standard and stop dating this one. You'll find someone that would never have done this.
>>
You said it yourself, you're just dating and it's not a serious relationship. So by that standard, based on face value, I'd say you forgive her since she was so forthcoming. You may be trying to just rationalize the situation though. There are a couple of factors that I, personally, think determine whether or not you were "correct" to forgive her. Those factors being, how long have ya'll been "dating", what have ya'll done (sexually), etc. I mean if you only saw her a few times and didn't even kiss her. You get where I'm going. It all depends on the situation. It also strongly depends on you and how you feel about either situation.

Some people will outright say she cheated on you. And it's really not that black and white.
>>
>>18407834
We've made out and that's about as far as we've gone. She's wanted to go further, but I've halted her because of past experiences going too fast in relationship and sexual abuse.

We've been dating for a couple of weeks.
>>
>>18407846
I don't see the point if you are a one girl kinda guy even if you have only been dating a few weeks. Its obvious she isn't a one guy girl, if she was this wouldn't have happened with or without a formal relationship. Dating is the time you see what type person they are and most would be on their best behavior if they want the same outcome. This girl is of the mindset she goes with the flow and why she has never had a serious relationship. Doesn't mean she's wrong but does mean she flat isn't ready yet. You want proof, well she made out with this guy despite dating you.
>>
>>18407846
I don't know bro. It's a tough one these days. A lot of people really have a skewed perception of dating in the real world. To be blunt, more people are open to be promiscuous so what she did would be okay and accepted. Here that kind of thing would be lambasted and she'd be called a slut, but frankly society could be okay with it.

Blah blah blah, I think it's really up to you. It's not like you live together, are married, or have been together for a long time. Then it would be easier to say she cheated on you. Right now it's just kind of grey. Personally, I'd give her another chance. You're early on in the relationship and I doubt you invested that much yet. This only works though if you can get over what she did and not let it loom over the relationship if it continues and thrives. If it keeps bothering then drop the relationship now. Otherwise keep going and see what happens. People make mistakes and they should learn from them. Hopefully she's learned from this one.
>>
>>18407802
Let it go. Have a talk about your relationship with her and what it is that you expect from each other. Make it clear you don't find this sort of thing acceptable.
>>
>>18407867
I don't know about that. If it's that early on in the relationship and she's already done something like that I'd be worried. It would be a but of a red flag for me

It comes down to how OP feels about it and the importance he feels it should have, but I would at least not be very trusting

The normalization of promiscuity baffles me
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.