[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

complicated tick removal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: tick.jpg (56KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
tick.jpg
56KB, 600x400px
Are there any medfags here?

I found a tick attached to the inner side of my buttock.
My butt is hairy and I coulsn't see it. I also can't help anybody for help with this.

I tried to pull it with the tweezers anyway, but I simply couldn't grasp it well
in the end it's abdomen got rippped, but all the other parts are still attatched.

So do I have to do anything with it, or can I just leave it like that? Will it die now? Also, is there any other way to get rid of it?
>>
you done goofed. in such cases, you have almost no other option than to let a doctor remove it.
you can be lucky and it will get out on it's own. but it can also easily happen that it gets infected. especially since it's so close to feces and such. you should definitely observe it closely. if it gets elevated, red or warm, go see a professional. disinfect it often and make sure your hygiene is very good (shower often, wipe thoroughly/with wet wipes). next time, don't try to get eid of a tick you can't grasp optimally. a trick i heard of is to burn them with a lghter so they let go. but around your ass hair, that might be a very stupid idea and now it's too late anyways.
>>
>>18407389
Just to add on to what this anon said, you can light a match, blow it out and instantly put it on the tick to burn it without the flame. Other than that, this post is spot on.
>>
>>18407378
You should try to remove the mouth part too, with tweezers.

If you don't manage to, clean the wound well and if any symptoms appear (fever, rash) go to a doctor.
>>
>>18407389
ok, thanks. How about taking it off with a scalpel? I'm pretty proficient with it and I won't hurt myself. The only downside is the part of the head will stay inside.
Is it worth it to try, or is there no point in doing so?

>>18407391
I've read all over the internet, that burning them is actually a pretty dumb idea though
>>
>>18407391
If you burn the tick it regurgitates.
>>
>>18407395
I tried to do so for a couple of minutes. It's fucking hard, when you have to hold a flashlight with your feet, a mirror with your hand and try to grasp the fucker wit tweezers in the other one.
I might try it with a scalpel though
>>
>>18407399
Never knew that. I grew up in the country and we did it all the time as kids. Still alive. Oh well just lucky I guess.
>>
>>18407378
Do you know how my cat deals with ticks? Bite them and pull off. So you only find ticks on their heads where they cant reach.

Do the same. Grab it by nails and pull of with force.

Or go to doctor.
>>
>>18407406
Would a cat bite it off of his ass? JK
>>
>>18407400
Let it be. The risk associated to infections will be high. Keep the wound clean, check daily/multiple times a day if you have rashes or if there is an infection, go to a doctor as soon as any symptom show (fever, rash, extreme tiredness, etc).
You need to pay attention to Lyme disease and infections.
>>
>>18407398
i once cut out a bit of flesh to get rid of the head because i did a similar thing (was on my back). but somebody else cut it out for me. it healed just fine.
idk, if you really trust your scalpel skills... i wouldn't risk it though.
>>
>>18407411
That depends on which cat.
>>
Ok, thanks for your help, anons. I'm going to the shelter for a cat now
>>
>>18407378
It depends how big the tick was.
If the tick was really small like the point of a sewing needle then you have lyme disease.

If it was any bigger than that, usually likea few balls from a raspberry size then youre fine.

The tick will try to grow back its head.
>Go to a doctor to have it remove
I have also heard taking an alcohol soaked rag over the area will make it remove itself... never tried it though.

Goodluck
>>
>>18407459
anon, the tick has it's head all right.
it has it's abdomen crushed and ripped off to the obliviond though.
It's not like I'm an expert or something, but I strongly believe that regrowing majority of your guts is not really an option once you're more complicated than a sponge or a sea cucumber
>>
>>18407378
Use a tick card instead of tweezers.
Works MUCH better.
>>
One time after hiking I went to the bathroom and saw what looked like a big zit with a piece of hair sticking out, I pulled at the hair, and then out come a tick, fell into the sink and down the drain. So pull on the legs I guess.
>>
>>18407378
Get something metal that is long narrow with a sharp end like an ice pick. Heat it up with a lighter then gently poke what remains of the tick.
>>
>>18407518
anon, I'm not an octopus
>>
>>18407530
True you'Re a guy with a tick buried in his ass. My brother had one on his dick - they heated a needle and poked it. Since a needle is to small to work for where your tick is at. Uses something metal that a HUMAN HAND can manipulate.
PS don't be a Fuck stick when asking for advice.
>>
>>18407378
91% isopropyl and gauze pads every time you enter the bathroom, and a tripel antibiotic ointment after every isopropyl application. You'll be alright unless you squeezed the abdomen. That's where all of the diseases are. If you start feeling downtrodden and ill seek immediate medical care. If you get spotted fever your chances are grim unless you get antibiotics quickly.

Again, if you didn't SQUEEZE the abdomen you'll be alright. Shave around the area a bit and pull the rest out.
>>
>>18407637
you sure are mad, I don't even know why.
You seem to have troubles understanding how hard is it to operate three objects with your hands and feet, maintaining a very unnatural position, looking at everything through a mirror, which you can't see half of the time because of the hand with a tool
>>
>>18407638
thank you. It seems like a really good advice
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.