[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friends dont respect me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I have schizoaffective disorder depressive type, under treatment.
So I'm going to the club with 5 friends. One of them is nice but a little bit of an asshole, talks on peoples back and kind of frustrated. So we dance in circle, everybody dancing so when its my turn since I don't know how to dance he has a gesture like "such a mess this dude"
Then I kiss 2 girls in the same party (one he first started to conversate with) and dances with 2 chicks as well. Instead of congratulating me he insists on the fact that 1/ I french kissed a girl at first but then she dodged the situation (she seemed a little uncomfortable and a firestarter but thats okay it was great) 2/ that one girl I danced with was fat.
when he gets back to his place he doesn't make eye contact when shaking hands.
I added some of his friend on facebook, he read my text but didn't answer. This happens to me pretty often, maybe other boys smell the beta in me and want to show superiority. Other friends we came with left the place without telling us goodbye.

I say friends for these people but they are not like super friends. The underlying issue here is the lack of respect people have for me, and that they might think I'm beta or omega. How do I fix that ?
>>
Second bump
>>
It might be that they find you easy to pick on and belittle because of your condition. Don't give a fuck. Behave confident, show them that you are a complete person and don't give a fuck about their attention or opinions. I know it's hard but you have to find something that makes you feel without limitations. Maybe some kick-ass music, maybe something else. This helped for me, though I didn't have any diagnosed depression. I decided to basically roleplay a cynical, forward guy, not giving a fuck but also not being a dick. After some time I couldn't go on anymore but people's attitude changed enough that I'm now comfortably living my life as someone halfway between an autist and an overconfident alpha
>>
>>18407168
I did the same thing.
>>
nigger I don't know what this thread is but your "friend" sounds like a fucked up individual not worth your time.
>>
>>18407207
also, he could have been unhappy with you for kissing a girl he started talking to? idfk, it's a bit hard to make sense of what you're saying.
>>
>>18406966

I recognize myself in you and I can tell you this.

- You have confidence issues and you should find the root of them.
- You over analyze everything which is a double edged sword.
- You should try and focus more on what you want and do what you want to do instead of caring about other's opinion of you or how you look to them.
- You should either confront or completely ignore people that try to bully you or posture themselves. But it is very important that if you do decide to talk back that you only state facts and not what you think the reason behind their acts is. Even if you are certain you can "read" people's intentions, telling them this will not help you in any way. Most of them are probably not even consciously aware they are being jerks or scared.
But again, you shouldn't just tell them to back off or even worse get into an argument by having a knee jerk reaction. They want that reaction out of you to make themselves feel better. Instead be humble and take time to think what you really want to say.

I don't know if this makes much sense, I tend to ramble sometimes.
>>
>>18407168
It's not a bad advice but I've already tried to do that on my previous medication, until I eventually broke up with my ex girlfriend (she realized I was faking) then burst out into a mixed episode, went to psych ward and changed pills. On my current medication (zoloft100seroquel25) I am totally unable to act up. I still lie my way into sounding alpha but that's it. Anyway, I feel this idea of a roleplay, maybe if I start slowly I can work on something.

>>18407232
Totally get the rambling thing, I have the same problem. You're right about everything except this : finding the root of the issue. I've been trying to do that for years and there's just no root, I believe it's the big thing with mental issues : psychoanalysis made us think that everything was related to childhood but I analysed myself for years litteraly, doing nothing but trying to fix myself and find the roots of my problems and I didn't find any explanation. I have all the reasons to be happy and succesful, yet I'm not (yet).

I'm gonna try to change specific aspects of my personality little by little. Respect can only be earned through self work.
>>
>>18407293
>I analysed myself for years litteraly

This hasn't worked for me either. Have you tried actual professional help and if so why did you stop?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.