[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Can I Be a Normal 20 year old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: compSciMeme.png (628KB, 660x800px) Image search: [Google]
compSciMeme.png
628KB, 660x800px
Lately I've realized how much social anxiety I have and that I isolate myself. I don't really know how to have fun with people my age. I come from a broken family where we were really poor growing up, but since I worked hard I'm now entering my last year at an Ivy League university as a comp sci major. I've always been so focused on goals and obligations that I never learned how to connect with people my age. The one person I did connect with was my ex-gf and she ended up cheating on me after two years because I wasn't giving her the attention she wanted. So now I think I have abandonment and trust issues. I've realized I'm not a confident person and struggle with anxiety, but it's not from being unattractive. In high school I was actually signed by a modeling agency, but I feel like thinking I am attractive actually just makes me feel more nervous. How can I improve myself to be better with people because I'm realizing I'm a pretty depressed person and that I've always just kept myself too busy and optimistic to really notice.
>>
>>18406765

Look around!

normal 20 year old? and what is normal?

everyone has issues, you think all that shit you see on FB is true?

You're lost because you haven't found a meaning to your life, but you'll find it eventually.
>>
>>18406773

this ^

If you really want to give your life a meaning go help some people in a foreign country

The human experience will make you a better person and you would have makes yourself useful to others
>>
>>18406779
lmao how is helping poor people going to help OP? Those people will probably end up dying in a year or two.
>>
Not to hijack this thread, but I think I can relate. I'm 21 and I just don't get along with anyone at my University either. Most people I've met just spent their time drinking cheap booze to get drunk and smoking weed to stop worrying about their problems. I am straight edge af and working on getting /fit/ so I avoid most of those things --Plus. I just don't enjoy it.

Regardless, I'll try to tag along from time to time and go to parties. But ultimately just grow more and more uncomfortable as everyone around me slowly gets smashed. People always tell me "It's okay that you don't drink. That doesn't matter" except truly it does.

Honestly, if you don't enjoy something, don't try to force it. I have a speech impediment and I typically stutter and mix up my sentence structure when talking to others, so a large chunk of what I say gets lost in translation, which pisses off myself and those who are trying to talk to me.

I've tried a couple of clubs but I've yet to make friends in any of them since many of the hobbies I'm into (movies, tv, video games, comics, computers) typically are filled with very egotistical people which is a huge turn off to me.

TL;DR: Don't worry about others. Don't conform to others, there's 8 billion people in this world so never feel compelled to try and change to cater to other people.
>>
>>18406797

wut extreme opinion
First helping people is really self rewarding

"I did good to the world" makes you happy that leads to a boost of confidence

Understanding what is like to live in hard condition makes you think a lot about yourself and is a good way to more appreciate life in general

You don't need to go in syria or Ethiopia to find people in need

Ive worked one month with orphans in japan never felt that good about doing something
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.