[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I reopen communication with my ex?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: received_1497398690322804.jpg (43KB, 800x1058px) Image search: [Google]
received_1497398690322804.jpg
43KB, 800x1058px
Immediately after we broke up, things between my ex and I were fine and we were talking and laughing like we were simply best friends again. Shortly after she told me about some guys teasing her and it struck me with the thought that one day I'd lose my best friend to some random douchebag dating her. Right after that I told her it would be better for me to not hear from her for a while in hopes that I could start the healing process now rather than later.
Several weeks have gone by and I don't feel any better, but pride has kept me from caving in and sharing something funny with her.
Am I on the right track or am I in the worst or both worlds, being out of a great and a best friend?
PS: Obviously I'm keeping my eyes open for other girls and am regularly attending social dances.
>>
Being out of a GF and best friend*
>>
>>18404764
you are on the right track, hold firm OP
>>
Yes you're doing the right thing, be strong like a man
>>
>>18404764
Why did you break up with her in the first place?
>>
>>18404794
She ended things because she didn't feel she could reciprocate the love I was giving her and didn't think I deserved that. Went from best friend that wanted to marry me to someone she didn't feel romantically attracted to in the span of a few months.
>>18404784
>>18404787
Thanks for the responses and encouragement. I gotta ask, have you guys gone though the same or are you just giving the response this website conditions us to give?
>>
>>18404830
Went from best friend that wanted to marry me to someone who* didn't feel romantically attracted to me
>>
>>18404830
>gone though the same
couple times, its happened or will happen to all of us
>>
>>18404830
I've gone through the same, I became best friends with her but the longer I stayed with her the longer it took for my feelings for her to go away.

I eventually had to stop talking to her, and Im currently in that phase but im planning on reaching out to her in less than a month because it's already been a long time. Im gonna leave the country soon anyway so I might as well.

Keep doing what you're doing though, it's so worth the wait.
>>
I wish I had done what you're doing.
I considered my ex my best friend but after a few months she told me she'd been dating a guy for months and she blocked me from every social media.

It hurts like hell.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.