[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Korean or Japanese is harder to learn?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 13311098_f520.jpg (20KB, 520x303px) Image search: [Google]
13311098_f520.jpg
20KB, 520x303px
Korean or Japanese is harder to learn?

And which country would you live?

Why does it feel like Japan stuck in 2000 and Korea is a better version of USA?
>>
File: 1488317048371.png (14KB, 418x338px) Image search: [Google]
1488317048371.png
14KB, 418x338px
The Korean alphabet is a lot easier to learn, Japanese has a lot more characters. I don't know enough about either to decide where I'd live, though I heard if there is ever an outbreak of war between North Korea and the US, that North Korea will abduct Americans from South Korea to hold hostage
>>
Hearing Korean for the first time...

It was hard to tell the syllables apart despite years of listening to Japanese anime.
>>
>>18404493
The languages are of comparable difficulties. Honestly, the difficulty doesn't matter as much as your interest level, they're both alien enough to a native English speaker that they're going to require a pretty hefty time investment to learn, so you need to really be interested in the country and culture to keep your motivation up.

Japanese does have a more difficult writing system; grappling with that might tack on six months to a year to your learning process (given dedicated study). Korea is a little more xenophobic, although you will experience some xenophobia and ignorance in both countries. It's not too bad, though, and you'll have to deal with that as a westerner in literally any Asian country, even Taiwan.

>Why does it feel like Japan stuck in 2000 and Korea is a better version of USA?
It doesn't. I seriously have no clue what you mean. Genuinely not trying to pick a fight, but have you even been to Asia?
>>
>>18404493
I enjoy both, but I have more friends in Japan so I'd probably go the Japan path. However, keep in mind they only accept foreigners because they are good for the economy. Tokyo is also a business district first and foremost. I went there with this weeb who tried talking to people on the subway, they were rather annoyed, to say the least. Korea... I don't have much experience, the language is pretty new and I've heard it's less difficult than Japanese.
>>
>>18404493
Which Korea?
>>
>>18404493
Hangul is a really interesting language that from what I understand is the most intuitive written language as you never pronounce things wrong. Nihongo, on the other hand, is actually pretty easy to write and there are tools to help you with Kanji once you get grammar down. I don't know much about Korean, but I can tell you that despite having ~50ish verb conjugations, Japanese is actually a weirdly efficient language in way different ways than English is. Sounding like Chaika (a foreign dipshit, but an understandable foreign dipshit) only takes a few months if you study, or a couple years if your fucking retarded and lazy like me.

As for usefulness, both will get girls wet when you master them, but you can watch anime and play weeb games with Japanese; Korean media is pretty garbage all around even compared to seasonal otaku shit.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.