[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Associating with dummies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1496684862604.jpg (10KB, 332x336px) Image search: [Google]
1496684862604.jpg
10KB, 332x336px
Intelligent people tend to be busier, more deceitful, and overly self-conscious. They're somewhat rare too, if you can't afford a good position in life or a prestigious education.

Stupid people and I bore the hell out of each other, though, probably because neither of us is capable of stimulating the other. Sometimes we end up talking in circles like children, or watching something on television that is borderline retarded. What's worse, with enough information, everything they do is predictable!

Still, I would much rather be friends with someone who is more prone towards contentment and kindness than deceit and stubbornness, at least speaking of someone in their twenties.

If you don't agree with me, watch an intellectually disabled person play with children's toys, and then ask him for a hug. Come back and tell me that there's no correlation between their stupidity and the extremely contended way they're capable of being.

Is getting along with people who watch Family Guy and eat propaganda for breakfast, people who are incapable of reflecting on their own lives, really possible? The alternative seems to be a battle of egos where nobody wins until they're old and established.

Some "wise men" (whatever that means) said to think of all people as children. Children aren't supposed to be condescended. They're supposed to be treated with compassion and understanding, with respect for where they are mentally and physically, right?

It's just so hard to do this. I want to scream most people out of the haze they're in.
>>
You sound like a bitter and unlikeable faggot.
>>
>>18403587
>>18403594
>What's worse, with enough information, everything they do is predictable!

Didn't think I needed to say this, but this request for advice was not directed at the stupid.
>>
Well, what do you understand in that the majority of people fail to?
>>
>>18403626
Particle physics and quantum mechanics.
>>
>>18403587
>Intelligent people tend to be busier, more deceitful, and overly self-conscious
Citation needed. Also, busier? You sound like a "enlighted" leftist pot-smoking teenager (not that any of those, by themselves, is bad). Grow up my dude.
>extremely contended
I contend >>18403594 is right on the money. But you expected someone to point out minor grammatical flaws, didn't you?
You will grow up and realize that not everyone can be your definition of success -and- get to the point where you don't waste your vast mindpower being concerned about it.
Best of luck.
>>
You can try and pick up on whatever your friend/buddy wants to do and just go along with it, if you want to remain friends. I feel like friendship comes mostly from a shared experience rather than the value of activity, since a lot of normally dull activities become more fun in company.
>>
>>18403658
>Particle physics and quantum mechanics.

uuuh ok
In a system of two spin 1/2 particles, one is in z eigenstate +1/2 and the other is in x eigenstate +1/2. What is the probability the total spin measurement is 0?

This is a made up straight forward question. But you do need to understand the basic concepts to give an answer. Also I'm pretty sure you can't google this one (wikipedia might help though)
>>
>>18403587
You sound like an unlikeable and bitter faggot
>>
>>18403587
>someone in their twenties
That being 20 or maybe 21, right?
You remind me so much of someone I was kind of friends with about a year ago (definitely not anymore). He believed he was some precocious champion of intellect who was already a master of understanding before he could legally drink. He talked to me, several times, about how he believed in tiers of society and that he was naturally in a higher one than most. We went to some bar near our place, a bar clearly for older people in a college town but also just a laid back place that kinda felt like a small town bar, and he said "This is nice, it's like I'm socializing with the other circles of life." He had naturally assumed everyone in the bar was lower than him in some unjustified way, I guess because it served hamburgers.

It sounds like you're in the middle of a wake up call, you know something is wrong but you're not quite sure what it is. I'm guessing if this is how you actually speak to people that you don't have many friends? You probably enjoy socializing as long as there's lots of "deep" conversations and froufrou crap.

This smugness of yours is like a sensible aura that everyone, even the "intellectually disabled", can just pick up on. Intelligent people are not "somewhat rare", they're all over the fucking place, they just learned that "being smart" isn't something people will stand up and applaud you for. Nobody will think you're Ivy League material because, oh my, a twenty year old who is "smart enough" to not enjoy Family Guy?! Call the presses, we've a boy wonder, my dear!

"Dumb yourself down" is the best advice I can give you in a way that makes you feel smart. If you can't hang out with people who you know likely did worse on exams than you, perhaps you're doomed to be a loner, a punished artist (though you create nothing) who simply will live their life "knowing" they're above the rest of the world that ignores them. I imagine you're no older than 21 though, you'll age out of it.
>>
>>18403892
>I imagine you're no older than 21 though, you'll age out of it.
Sad thing is that some don't.
>>
>>18403913
I think that friend I mentioned did grow up about it kind of recently, according to some mutual friends, and I thought he was a goner since day 1. There's hope for everybody.
>>
>>18403672
>>18403813
>leftist
>citation?
>faggot
go away
>>18403614

>>18403791
I was only joking

>>18403674
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OamkQlTZo-k
Me: "Cook a meal." "See a movie." "Go for a walk."
Them: "No, lets drink at a bar where the drinks are $10. You try to get me to say something interesting, and I'll flip through Tinder."
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.