[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help understanding coworker's political views

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1467400745850.jpg (4MB, 3724x2095px) Image search: [Google]
1467400745850.jpg
4MB, 3724x2095px
This is entering /pol/ territory but I figure its better to ask her for a balanced point of view. My coworker champions all socially progressive causes. She isn't at the level where she demonizes white straight males, but if something is progressive, it's A-Okay in her book. It seems like the only criteria for an issue, is if it "advances society forwards".

That's fine by me except one thing bothers me - she seems unable to articulate why all progressive causes are good. I feel like she thinks they are good purely because they are progressive with no other factors at play. She's a vegetarian (who regularly cheats) because "it's the right thing to do". I asked her once about gay marriage but she got on the offensive so I dropped because I try and keep politics out of my work life.

Can anyone explain her mindset?
>>
>Can anyone explain her mindset?
She is a first wold woman, with first world problems.
>>
I don't understand, are you asking why do people have different political views than you?
>>
>>18403288
Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one. But no seriously, it just sounds like she always has to be right and has to make herself heard no matter what. So she's either a extreme feminist or just the bigger asshole in the room
>>
>>18403288
To me it sounds like she's only a 'progressive' because it's trendy. It's in-fashion to be a liberal and to care, so she attaches that label to herself so she can feel accepted by general western society.

She's a sheep.

Also, if she eats meat, at all, she isn't a vegetarian. You can't claim to be a vegetarian and then have a "cheat day" whenever you feel like, that's fucking retarded.
>>
>>18403288

Sorry, I don't speak entitled white girl moron so I can't translate for you.
>>
>>18403288
>Can anyone explain her mindset?
>woman
>SJW
>muh feels

nothing to talk about, just put her on irl ignore. you can't win this unless you're shitlord-tier ZFG or alpha.
>>
>>18403288

I have a feeling this chick is progressive in a different sense than I am (like I'm not a vegetarian and think it's stupid), since I'm a little more pragmatic at the end of the day, but I'll bite, hoping you're not going too balls on the wall about /pol/ stuff.

I ultimately feel that with our current velocity of communication, travel, innovative science, commerce, and food production, we're going to end up forced into a situation where your neighbor is no longer your only compatriot, but so is the person a country away. To pretend that innovation is going to stop is shortsighted, in my mind.

For the preservation of the human race as a whole, I don't think it's important for me to care who someone else is fucking, what they're eating, or what color they are as long as at the end of the day, we can coexist.

That's all I really want - just the other people around me to not fuck with me, and to help out someone who would help me out. And for that to be a universal goal for all of us.
>>
OP here. The funny thing is that we're both English teachers in a developing country that doesn't care about these ideas. It's a place where a local girl will say she is feminist because she hopes for a world where she can make the choice of who she marries, not her parents.

Thanks for the responses. I guess there is no deeper meaning behind her mindset than simply following the grain and doing something because it's acceptable. It kind of bothers me but then again, I know I bother her.
>>
>>18403288
She's just taking her cue from her professors and the news, and hasn't yet learned to think for herself.

Here's some practical advice you didn't ask for: Don't get in a political debate with your coworker, just agree with her.
>>
>>18403590
>Don't get in a political debate with your coworker, just agree with her.

I'm sorry but this is what pathetic spineless people do, he could simply just ignore her
>>
>>18403288
Taoism
>>
>>18403334
This. You aren't a vegetarian if you eat fish get fucked
>>
>>18403288
>She isn't at the level where she demonizes white straight males
Yet or you just aren't aware yet but the seeds are already there.
>>
She has no political views at all, she is just trying to be like all the girls and follow the trends
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.