[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leaving my house agains't my parents will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

I'm 18, i already have my driver license, and i haven't made my way to college yet (but i'm planning to)

I live in a very shitty city with my parents and my brother. I've always wanted to move to a bigger city we lived in the past (like 3.000km from here), but my parents said i shouldn't even think about this unless i go to the college to get a bachelor in medicine (not on my plans, thanks).

However as i'm 18 now i feel like i should have control over my life. I want to go live in my old city and get a job until i go to college there. The hardest thing would be to find a place to live, however i already got that: my aunt told me to go live with her if i'm really sure about this all. She's the kindest person i've ever knew and she told me she would let me live there even if my parents disapprove this and get angry at her. I would find a job as soon as arrive and live with her, my uncle and my cousin (wich is my best friend desu, we still maintain contact everyday through facebook and games)

Should i go and get in control of my life? Should i tell my parents? (They'll surely freak out and try to stop me but they can't do nothing bc of my age)

I want to leave this place because there's nothing to do here, nothing to work at, and i have some problems with my parents (my father works really, he owns a company, but he arrives drunk at home everyday. My mother is overprotective and i can't even cross the road without telling her)

(I'm going to visit my aunt anyway at the end of the year. I've already bought the tickets. I'm planning to go and don't come back, then tell them)
>>
> > > [spoiler][spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]are you willing to possibly never talk to your parents again?
>>
>>18402141
>I'm planning to go and don't come back, then tell them
Don't do this. Have a sit down with your parents and explain your feelings, listen to what they have to say and keep an open mind. You're free to assert your Independence against their wishes, but don't just run off in the middle of the night, there's no need for that drama. You're an adult they can't stop you. But realistically why burn bridges if you don't need to. There's nothing wrong with wanting to get out there and work, but man it can be tough to get a start. So be wary about throwing away what's handed to you.
>>
File: I_dont_give_a_fuck.jpg (24KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
I_dont_give_a_fuck.jpg
24KB, 392x500px
>>18402141
That's fair. Your plan doesn't suck, senpai.
>>
>>18402141
You are about to make an adult decision so follow through by having an adult conversation with your parents. Make a list of the reasons why you've reached this decision and make a list of what your plan us once you move. Say it as gently as you can "mom dad I love you but I need out of this town because of 1
5 reason
>>
>>18403039
>>18402160
I really appreciate the help, thank you, however i kind of already did this and my parents aren't really open to conversations about my feelings...

For them, even before explaining further, they just say "No, and don't talk about this again" and ignore me or get agressive if i try to speak further. I admit that it's comfortable to stay with them, even if i'm not in any job or college at this moment, because i agree with "Be wary about throwing away what's handed to you.", but i feel anxious (maybe because i'm still new) because i think i need to do something and don't stay here like i'm doing now.

I'm currently studying for the college exams, however that's the problem: My parents obsessively want me to follow the medical carreer (wich i don't want and don't have the talent for), and there's no college with this degree where i live. In this case, they would "allow" me to live in another city.
But only for a medical degree. They clearly prohibited me from doing anything else, anywhere else. Just like my brother: He's 24, still trying to get into college and get a degree in medicine. By the way, a few days ago, he traveled to my old city to do a college entrance exam. If he succeeds, he's going to live there. If not, he'll try again in the next year i guess.

>>18402158
They weren't bad parents, just overly protective and with maybe-too-high-expectations, this makes me feel bad for them. I don't know what to think about that desu.
>>
punflym dumblym gumblim
>>
>>18403268
You're on the right track - just don't duck out in the middle of the night. Also once you've decided to move and picked a date to do it - tell them. Kindly and with as much love as possible remind them once a week until moving day.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.