[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0059.jpg (102KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0059.jpg
102KB, 1500x1500px
Hey /adv/ my work place boss, sent out an email this morning at 8:30 , saying my shift had to work today at 11 despite our scheduled off day this was mentioned in last weeks meeting (only thing mentioned was a mailer weekend, not that everyone had to work. here is the issues
1. I'm not being lazy, I work a shit ton of hours I'm scheduled 210 hours this month, not including all the overtime I'm gonna accrue throughout it
2.He's a huge dick to everyone(he's the head of his department) he's ambitious which is admirable but he is condescending and treats us like shit no matter how good our performance is

TL;DR I pretend not to see email and use a solid alibi should I record the conversation by iPhone app, to use as possible evidence if he completely shits on me or suspends/fire me and what legal implications for recording someone without consent. Also general advice
>>
There's probably a policy you agreed to in a handbook about checking email periodically, not seeing it won't be an excuse
>>
>>18401849
Not sure, however I did check it last night around 10-12 ish , he sent it this morning . Part of my alibi is that I'm at my friends house (she lives in boonies,cell reception is non existent, plus she doesn't have wifi at home making it impossible to be updated ) so I went over late last night drank a box of wine with her and fucked her brains out (bday sex)
>>
I don't know where you live/work but where I'm from, getting an e-mail on your day off saying you have to work in 2.5 hours is a fucking joke.

Just don't go and use the cell reception excuse. What the fuck is he going to do about it? Fuck him.
>>
>>18401797
If my boss sent out an email saying that, without notice, I had to work in 2 and a half hours, I'd fucking ignore that shit and if he tried to suspend me for it I'd fight him on it.

I AM NOT A LAWYER or any kind of expert in this shit, but my gut tells me that if that happened and you fought it, you'd win. That's simply not enough notice. It's utterly unreasonable.

That said, I'm secure enough (financially and career-wise) that I have the luxury of saying fuck you to my boss if he tried to pull any bullshit like that. You might not be in that position (and that's not an insult, I'm lucky). Do consider whether it's worth it.
>>
Yea, but I know him and I know he's gonna bust my balls hard, so the question, remains. Do I get an app to record our conversation without his knowledge tomorrow in case he suspends me or fired me? Would I be legally shooting myself in the foot? Or could I go to it on social media and shame him?
>>
Also bear in mind work is a 40-60 min drive and my friends house is an additional 20-30 miles further from work
>>
>>18401950

It sounds like you have the option of standing up for yourself or letting this massive hemorrhoid walk all over you. Idk man it's up to you
>>
Also you can record the conversation or just send an email to HR right after it happens detailing exactly what was said
>>
>>18402026
Yea, imma stand up to him, he's still gonna come down on me with condescending remarks and shit might as well prepare something for the future
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.