[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to college at 26

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1496158558307.gif (2MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1496158558307.gif
2MB, 540x540px
Iam starting full time this winter. Please lay the facts on me guys. Going for Computer science.

>What are the problems I am going to face?
>Will this effect my ability to get internships?
>Can I get my life back on track?
>>
>>18401433
I did the same thing - the only real problem was all of the hot young girls I got to fuck. Stay strong you'll muttle by.
>>
It's fine, dude, there's nothing to it but to do it. hope you're good at math.
>>
College is a waste of time.

t. M.Sc in Computer Engineering
Working at fin tech company
Making 5 figures only.
>>
I wouldn't worry about it. There are couple of students who are in their thirties. 26 is fine. Just make sure you have enough to time to study and socialize if you care about making some few friends. I spent most of my time studying and less interaction.
>>
CompSci is full of older people believe it or not, and I like all of them. And it's really not that difficult, at my school I only have to go up to calculus 2, which is a pretty low math compared to what other STEM majors have to do.

Go to the tutoring center if you struggle with math, I'm garbage at math but I'm surviving :)
>>
>>18401433
>Computer science
lllllloool
>>
>>18401811
You think it's a waste of time?
>>
>>18401433
I mean this in the nicest way
Nobody gives a fuck if you're 18 or 81
Do you think qt 18 year olds will be sitting in lecture looking at you like "eww wtf he's so old why is he here". If anything you can become a hookup for alcohol and freshman will be drawn towards you. Use this as a positive.

>What are the problems I am going to face?
The same that any 4 year college student faces.
>Will this effect my ability to get internships?
Implying age discrimination is legal
>Can I get my life back on track?
College is a lot of work you wont magically get a job. Kick ass in college.
>>
>>18401824
Depends on what's your syllabus
what are the courses? you have an idea right? look at your school's website
Go to some job site, look at the skill requirement.
Compare the keywords in the course catalog with *insert job you want to do*'s requirement.
A lot of people go into CS because they think it's useful.
I'm not from CS so I can't really judge. But I took a few of their courses. I have to say every guy in my class will definitely find job.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.