[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help pls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1494619827914.jpg (25KB, 597x430px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1494619827914.jpg
25KB, 597x430px
My best friend hasn't paid rent in 6 months and he went to his hometown almost 3 months ago (to be back in a few days, just went there to get money for rent from his family supposedly). However, it's been 3 months and he's not back yet - called and messaged him every two weeks but I got no replies at all. I saw him in a nightclub for a few minutes when I was back in my hometown and he acted like everything's all right.

How do I recover my money/get him evicted? Worth noting that he didn't sign the lease (only one signature was needed and I signed it) and he still has keys to the apartment.
>>
>>18401363
Let me ask u this, does he considers u his best friend?
>>
>>18401363

Hopefully you've explained the situation to your landlord by now. 6 months is a long fucking time. You've just been paying his half all this time?

Since his name isn't on the lease there isn't much you can do legally. Unless he willingly pays you back, I doubt you will ever see that money again.

You need to sit down and have a very stern and frank conversation with him, face to face, where you let him know either he settles his debt with you, or you're taking all his shit and dumping it on the curb. That should get his attention.

Also, I REALLY hope you've been keeping records of all this, just in case he tries some bullshit
>>
>>18401363
"If you do not pay the rent by [2 weeks away] your possessions will be put in the trash and the keys to the apartment changed"
>>
>>18401363
Just change the locks. Tell him he has a month to come up with the money he owes you or you'll sell his shit to recoup your money
>>
>>18401376
Yes, we've been best friends throughout highschool and living together for two years after highschool. He failed at uni though and that's why I think he might not even come back to live here.

>>18401385
Yes, I've been paying his half. He was sometimes late and I would cover his part of the rent and he would always repay me within a month. Now it seems different...

Yeah, I have records of payments and pretty much three friend-witnesses for everything.

Thanks! I think I'll just go to his house unannounced when I'm in my hometown next week and talk to him/his parent about this.
>>
>>18401397
>>18401415
I think I'll try to get him to talk in person first and then do this. Thanks!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.