[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point in going on with a long term relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: marriage.png (491KB, 882x929px) Image search: [Google]
marriage.png
491KB, 882x929px
Is there any point in going on with a long term relationship if I have no interest in having kids?

My gf talks all the time about getting married in the future, and the way I see it marriage is just a way of creating a safe environment for a couple to have kids. Without kids, it's just a hollow ritual.

I feel like I'm leading her on by not ending the relationship.
>>
Do you have no interest in having kids or do you have no interest in having kids with her?
>>
Sure there is. Many couples chose not to have kids these days and still remain as couples just because they like eachothers company and support.

But you should make your intentions clear. Tell her that you don't want kids and you don't want to get married. Otherwise it will just lead to a horrible break up for both of you. And you know, be careful with your condoms, you wouldn't want erm... accidents to happen.
>>
>>18401224
>is there any point
Yes. If you love her and its working out then be together.

>marriage is a safety net for kids

I agree. Its outdated. But at the same time its also kind of not. A hostile relationship between parents is far more damaging to a childs development than a single parent with a good education and job. (citation: studies. Im at work im not getting them so take it or leave it. But single parenthood and shit upbringing is a false equivelancy. Theres a stronger correlation to the single parents education level first, followed by their income) so that idea kind of needs to go, too.

>should i break up

It depends. If she wants kids and marriage you are in fact wasting her time. You need to talk to her about it honestly and say you want none of that. Your mind could change in the future but do not say that to her. If she agrees then stay in if nothing else is wrong.

If not then time to split bruh.
>>
>>18401296
Single parents also have a significantly higher chance of having a low income though since having to split your time between a full time job and raising kids is extremely hard to do
>>
>>18401224
Don't tell us. Tell her, and let her decide if she wants to stay with you.
>>
>>18401347
Thats why the false correlation is there and the discovery took awhile and a lot of study to get to.

Theres a strong correlation between single parent and child fucked upedness (submitted for real scientific term status). But if you look at finer numbers and closer details its because most single moms were young, uneducated, work shit jobs, sometimes two, and the dads not really providing.

The ones who have a real job, an education, and a father who pays fair child support that actually gets used on the child do just as well as other children in their development in significantly high numbers.

Could also be genetics. Can never rule that out.

But i digress. Way off topic.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.