[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Binary decision, asap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: help-sm.jpg (46KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
help-sm.jpg
46KB, 550x413px
I need your help /adv/ in making a binary decision. Here is the rundown:
>be uni student
>fail at important written examination
>Go visit teacher in visiting hours to see the evaluated paper. I've tried hard I have to know what I messed up if I want to pass next time
>She is not in
>Ask around. She has "family problems" to deal with, and will be back in six hours or so.

So here is the thing: I am in not a big hurry to see it, aside for the sake of my conscience, and as for experience on what to change next time.
However, I want to ask her that maybe I could just take the exam year, and don't make going to the seminars mandatory, as I've been present on each and everyone, and I'll have other classes too.
Should I wait, see it now, and ask her dispite that she might be in a really foul mood, and deny my request, and be mad at me for officially catching her out of visitation hours, or should I wait for now, and come back when she potentially won't take out her family anger on my hide.

As additional details;
>She has been forever, unlikely to recieve punishment for missing on visitation hours, aside from the extra hourrs she has to spend in for them
>She is old as balls, and very inflexible
>She is pretty forgetful. I am rather certain I'll be able to come back next week with her forgetting the incident altogether.
>>
>>18401091
You suck at writing bruv. Lots of autism. Just send an email asking for an appointment to review the paper and whether or not attending class will be necessary, considering you did not skip any before.
>>
>>18401091
>She is old as balls, and very inflexible
you have to make her flexible, give that old pussy a work out.
>>
>>18401091
She's old enough to make a difference between private life and work. Why don't you email her and tell her you were unable to reach her ?
>>
>>18401123
>You suck at writing bruv
Thanks, maybe it's the stress, or english is not my first language, or maybe because I have to translate things that I am not sure Amercians have an equalivent.

>Lots of autism
Maybe that's why I am asking advice on a thaiwanese basketwaving forum, instead of friends or family

>Just send an email asking for an appointment to review the paper
I've said she is old as balls, she teached this subject before e-mail was a thing. These visiting hours are there mostly for students reviewing their papers, it is not an unexpected thing. That being said I most likely will write the mail. She might not read it, but I can refer to it at least.

So you think I should wait, and not press it today?

>>18401129
The recepcionist said she'll be back today, so I was just figuring. As for the private life and work difference, well, I learned no to trust in people's self-control that much. I know that sounds autistic, or even sociopatic, but I feel like 4/10 rejections I've had in the past have been averted if I'd timed my requests accordingly.

So you think too that I should mail first?
>>
>>18401136
You're overthinking. I would say, as a lecturer, that students who feel entitled are a pain in the ass to deal with, and the conversation turns into some kind of aggression.
The lecturer cannot see favourably an angry student, and won't increase the grade as he cannot bend to a student's will, question of power.

so you've gotta have to be all nice, tell you deserve your grade and ask what you could do to fix everything, because you made lots of efforts, and you want to learn to do it well...
Teachers also decide of things behind the curtain, and this behaviour can be beneficial.
>>
>>18401152
>You're overthinking
Absolutely, but I am rather at the end of my rope.
>The lecturer cannot see favourably an angry student
I am not openly emotional, or express any anger (or really feel at the moment), just despair, and the desire to understand. I mean I still have this face-to-face respectable behaviour for lecturers that got instilled me at a young age.

>tell you deserve your grade and ask what you could do to fix everything
Thanks, for the advice, but this isn't really abut the grade. Even if it would be, she is incredibly unbending, and I don't think she made a mistake in grading my written exam. [spoiler](Although I still have this stubborn piece of hope I can't seem to get rid of)[/spoiler]

On an off topic: [spoiler]tl;dr; Complaining[/spoiler]
I only want to see my paper because I really have tried hard, and practiced, and I can't fathom a reason of why I've failed competely other than I ran out of time to do one of the questions out of the five. Unfortunately the only way I could do faster and better if I learn the types of questions, and learn them autistically and mechanically without worrying too much about the underlying knowledge.

However I have two horribly suspicions that I can't shake off until I've seen it myself.
She have admitted some times that the supply material she have uploaded, is pretty old, and contains mistakes. I am worried that I might have learned the wrong formulas.
The other is that she wants us to write down the complete formulas, and then the numbers, then answer in text etc. However she doesn't gives extra papers, and I've got 1/4th of an A4 paper to churn everything down. I am afraid she decided my form isn't good on some questions, and she ignored them altogether.
>>
>>18401136
If you suspect she doesn't read e-mails, she will have a mailbox in the department office and you can leave her a written note.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.