[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it actually helpfult to seek help from a therapist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1472472004846.jpg (25KB, 476x476px) Image search: [Google]
1472472004846.jpg
25KB, 476x476px
Is it actually helpfult to seek help from a therapist?
>>
No, it's actually a huge ponzi scheme everyone is in on except you, and they invented an entire science and academic research field just for the express purpose of fooling you, specifically you
>>
Depends what you're going through and how willing you are to make a change.

You'll probably see them once a week for an hour, I think that's pretty standard, it was with both I had. They've probably seen people struggling with whatever you're struggling with time and time again. Really, I saw both as just smart people to bounce your thoughts and worries off of who can maybe offer sound advice and guide you towards better life choices. And again, the thing is they're only there for one hour a week. If you're drinking yourself into a coma every night for a year like I was when I saw the second guy, seeing him didn't just magically "stop" that. They can't just always be there to tell you "that's a bad idea".

I think they can be helpful, but ultimately know that they're not some magic cure. You have you help yourself out of whatever you're in more than anyone else.
>>
Psychology is straight bullshit.
Half the time they will diagnose you with some retarded shit you do not even have.
>>
File: condors girl.png (482KB, 335x558px) Image search: [Google]
condors girl.png
482KB, 335x558px
(((therapists))) just want to milk money from you. talking about your shit with an IRL support group is helpful though. even if its just hitting up a bar when playing pool and bullshitting the tender
>>
Yea totally bullshit. Most of them rapists take advice from here.
>>
It is helpful.
>>
>>18400677
>I think they can be helpful, but ultimately know that they're not some magic cure. You have you help yourself out of whatever you're in more than anyone else.
This is pretty much my experience too. They didn't fix anything, but they did a good job of pointing out where some of the problems were and helping me to get my shit together again.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.