[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't stop obsessing about death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 234687755.png (104KB, 500x525px) Image search: [Google]
234687755.png
104KB, 500x525px
More and more frequently I find myself thinking about death.

Not my own death, I'm actually pretty apathetic to it and I've ultimately accepted it.

I think about my family and friends dying. My grandmother is in her mid eighties and has buried her parents, her husband, all of her sisters and brothers, and literally every other week someone in the family has to drive her to a funeral for a friend or former colleague of hers. Everyone she cared about when she was my age is long gone.

The idea of that horrifies me. The idea of watching everyone I care about now dying one by one over the years fills me with an existential dread so powerful it makes me contemplate suicide just to avoid it.

But then I realize if I were to do that I would just be adding that burden to the people who care about me, and bring them that much closer to being in that situation I so fear.

It's gotten to the point that I've made a conscious effort to not allow myself to become emotionally attached to anyone new, and I find myself pulling away from the people I care about now in order to lessen the blow of their inevitable passing.

How can I overcome this? My grandmother is old school Christian, and that brings her some comfort, but I don't think I could sincerely believe in any religion even if I wanted to.
>>
Honestly bro you should probably talk to a therapist. That's some heavy shit that a bunch of trolls on the internet aren't qualified to help you out with.

Sorry I couldn't bring anything more insightful to the table than that. Good luck anon.
>>
i think you have some neat material for a novel right there. i suggest taking inspiration from Sabato. write it out on 700 pages, publish it and cash the big bucks.
>>
Death is the most natural part of life.

Without death there is no life.
>>
>>18400476
You can't do shit to prevent it, so there's no sense stressing about it.
>>
>>18400476
Life is suffering. All the worlds a stage and in life, as with all acts, the best is saved for last.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.