[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to mentally deal with backtalking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

File: 1492287993542.jpg (33KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1492287993542.jpg
33KB, 412x430px
Hey guys...I'm an autist girl that just doesn't like it when people shit talk anyone behind their backs. That, and I've protected people against bullies before so...I guess I'm an oversensitive white-knight wuss.

So, today, I sperged.

I'm in college and living in a all-female apartment. I get along with B, D, and J. M? I don't know. J due to some personal difficulties had to drop out of this quarter this week and finally M - who's only here twice a week - started bitching about J.

>M - who kept on saying that "good type of crazy" to J's face and that she loved her - said that she fuckin hated J and her "laziness" and how she wasted her parents' money, that she'd scream at J if she ever saw her again
>M parties instead of doing her homework, failed her last quarter and wastes her parents' money like J (like going to high-end stores and spending thousands of dollars) did so she's just as bad (sorry for shit-talking her here though)
>D and B also joins in the bitching circle jerk

>sat in my room trying to do my work, confused and vaguely distressed by what I was hearing
>J was diagnosed with chronic depression which is why she had trouble getting out of bed for days at a time
>J's a little sassy, a bit of a tomboy, but is always kind, honest, helpful (when you ask) and genuinely has never done anything wrong to any one of us

She wasn't perfect. But I admired her. There was a reason why she had so many friends despite having so many personal demons and health issues.

So, later, I talked to B about it.
>Me: didn't you like J too? When we had that suicide scare, we cried together about her
>Me: I mean...it's kind of two-faced that you guys did that...
>B: you think so? well, we all have our opinions
and
>B: haha I dunno what to say

Later on I apologized and B felt bad for what she did--so, yeah, we made up. I'm glad. But I just feel so stupid...
Is it wrong to be so sensitive to such things? How should you react to such a situation? Apathetically?
>>
>autist
>4 roommates
Yeah no.
>>
>>18400175
>yeah no
are you suggesting I'm not an autist, or implying that this is bait?
>>
>>18400207
...Oh shit, let me clarify that we don't actually live all in the same room. I have a single.
>>
File: pinguino.jpg (45KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
pinguino.jpg
45KB, 720x960px
>>18400168
It's normal to feel remorseful about what you've said, but it doesn't hurt to be less sensitive. Just don't be a sociopath.
>>
File: squirrel.gif (1MB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
squirrel.gif
1MB, 500x400px
>>18400221
Thanks for the penguin and the advice, anon.

I think I've been taking such things a little personally...it is not cool to backtalk people, but at the same time it isn't harming anyone. Going up to B (who only said a few bad things about J) was terrible of me.

I just need to accept that venting about other people is just normal.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.