[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adhd Support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: adhd.jpg (3MB, 4312x2913px) Image search: [Google]
adhd.jpg
3MB, 4312x2913px
Been trying to treat my attentive ADHD by myself and have found some success on some areas with impulsiveness(zinc for example but have to continue monitoring) through diet however I still cant find the right vitamin of mineral to achieve focus or drive.Sleep quality seems to improve with increase zinc lvls in my blood, sleep less and feel better than before which I found greatly improves focus for the first few hours but drops off severely. I'v trying fish oil however I find it inconclusive and feel no change in comparison to the zinc which was apparent with my change of my sleep patterns. Anyone find any secret pockets of wisdom for ADHD?
>>
>>18400041
As one with adhd and a pretty decent education in clinical psychology...

The absolute be all and end all key to adhd is Environment. You're designed for certain tasks. Look for jobs that cater to your strengths.

You should be excellent at sales, entrepreneurialship, trades, or artistic endeavours. Ill put a heavy emphasis on self employment. You will absolutely excel in anything that you can actually dedicate time and effort to that you can do on your time and your terms without answering to anyone but yourself.

Remember that our problem isnt lack of focus, its hyperfocus.. Your brain wants to be firing and activated on all fronts, you lose attention ability on low stimulating activities because your brain is craving a challenge or to be highly engaged, so itll just go entertain itself.

Having said that.... Just get the damn medication if it isnt a money problem. Theres nothing to fear especially after 25 when your brain development is done.

The meds are a goddamn lifesaver. If you have a problem with stimulants (though i can tell you thats kind of silly) ask for concerta. It is a non stimulant and very effective.
>>
>>18400041
Keto is good for ADD.
>>
>>18400070
Concerta is a stimulant and like amphetamines, it is addictive. It is helpful however.
>>
>>18401396
imao not really
>>
>>18401695
It is though

OP I recommend exercise every morning, it increases levels of dopamine in your brain.
>>
i believe that i have adhd because it so fucking hard for me to concentrate its unbelievable. And it's not like I am not trying, I basically encircle myself with books in a library with no access to Internet or anything and still manage to fuck up and lose attention.

Can't go to doctors either because I study in another country and they do everything they can not to pass me further and give me some help/medication. All they say is
>hey you are in an university and thats a sign that you dont have adhd, you wouldnt be there if you had it

i have limited access to some stimulants, but I need to prepare for exams for 1.5 months, and I don't have the money or health to use stimulants all that time

am i fucked? any tips?

sorry, just wanted to rant
>>
I'm still wondering if I have ADHD
-have hard time to do anything
-move my feet a lot when seated
-daydream a lot
-cannot read a book unless it's interesting
-lose attention at classes
-self-esteem isn't best, too
-get emotional sometimes
-often forged the words I wanted to use (for example - say something about some barrel, then few seconds late struggle to remember word "barrel". It isn't normal, right?
-panic a bit when under pressure of other people wanting me to do something

I know that my older brothers were bad at learning and did badly at tests
I did well on important tests, but difference in age between me and next older brother is few years, so I suspect that education level has fallen.
Now I'm at college and struggle to open that fucking book and start learning, I just sit at computer and browse 4chan.
I don't have much trouble with physical work.

What do you think?
>>
>>18402441
bruh I'm in the same position as you are - wondering if I really have ADHD while also struggling with everyday shit.

you should get professional help. Nobody on 4chan can't diagnose you. You may or may not have it
>>
>>18400041
if you truely have ADHD no amount of trying to organize yourself will work.

I say this because I am currently pregnant and cannot take my meds. I have 4 different calandars to make sure I do not miss appointments, daily tasks, or neglect my to-do lists. I still fuck up the majority of the time.

ADHD causes executive functioning malfunction due to ADHD messing up the reward system in our brains. You cannot alter the hormone levels in your brain without medication it just does not work. I say this as a person who eats very well, works out, and uses many coping mechanisms for ADHD. Please consider medication if you do not want to fuck your life up.
>>
>>18402547
Yeah, you're right.
One more thing, though:
When I was a small kid, I fell down concrete stair and ended up with scar on the forehead.
ADHD is said to have cause in lack of dopamine in frontal lobe.
Maybe I got brain damage and nobody noticed it?
>>
>tfw i just learned that even if i somehow managed to get diagnosed and get a prescription the meds probably wouldn't be covered by the insurance because no meds are officially approved for the treatment of adult adhd in this country
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.