[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dating older guy with baggage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1486791560399.jpg (26KB, 326x238px) Image search: [Google]
1486791560399.jpg
26KB, 326x238px
A while ago I started yt which has been pretty successful this far. Very early on, I reached out to someone much bigger than me I was a "fan" of and we started working together. One week I got a chance to meet him and, despite telling myself there was no interest (given the relationship was purely professional and neither of us knew the other's appearance) I almost immediately had to recognize my crush.

It's been a while since we've started dating, but I have so many concerns and fears. First, it's a ldr. We're both adults with the funds and ability to see each other pretty much every other week though. Second, he is 14 years older than me and although I can't think of any guy I've ever dated who I've had as many REAL discussions with, it concerns me a bit. Third, he's divorced and has some life shit going on, which is also just something I've never been around before as I've always dated guys my age or younger. Fourth, he's had a unique life and has a lot of walls and barriers; for example he got kinda miffed when I said I was his girlfriend and won't say "love", even though he sometimes he does say he loves me on accident. Finally, he has said he thinks the pinnacle of a relationship is 2 people who don't live together and just kinda hang out every couple days more or less.

I'm crazy, head over heels for him, but I want to find a guy i can spend my life with, marry and have children with and he seems very averse to that. Now, I dont know if thst aversion is because of his somewhat sordid past and is something that could change over time or what. I feel like we really click but I have so many fears about the potential future. Right now I just feel like if he could manage to say the L word it would be a sign that its not hopeless.

reposted since I dropped my subject
>>
File: 1494784979742.jpg (83KB, 609x683px) Image search: [Google]
1494784979742.jpg
83KB, 609x683px
Bampo
>>
>>18400013
>kinda miffed when I said I was his girlfriend and won't say "love"
you are getting played and he likely has other women.
>>
93% of LDR's fail. Even marriage last longer than them.

I believe you know the correct answer on what to do. You just need someone to tell you the reality. That is what I am here for. I know you know what needs to be done and I'm rooting for you to get it done.
>>
>>18400251
I'd say that in an LDR one person needs to move to the other within a year. otherwise yes, they are completely unsustainable on any long term basis.
>>
>>18400251
Im willing to move in with him, marry him, etc once we get to know each other that well. My fear is he wont allow me to.
>>
>>18400416
Then you move on to other people
>>
>>18400416
>My fear is he wont allow me to.
he won't apparently he's been clear on what he thinks a relationship should be. also, not liking you saying you're his gf, is a huge red flag. that is, you are being used by this guy 101 basic level stuff. the only kind of guy that has that problem is the kind that doesn't give a shit about you, and doesnt want anyone else to know he's got a gf, likely because it'll mess up his other relationships if it gets around to them.

I will say this in no uncertain terms, as a man, that has known men like this, you need to leave if you want anything serious from this guy. it doesn't end pretty if you stay and keep pushing for something more serious.
>>
>>18400013
ldrs are something i have more experience with than regular? relationships. like you i have the money, time, infinite et cetra but the sad thing is they never worked. they (3) all started irl but im a fucking moron and get with girls that ended up having to move for work, school, and family. The best one i had was when me and the first were over 1000 miles apart, we both loved each other but the distance was too much and my computer broke and i forgot my account passwords (this was hs and i smoked to much weed then) and i left her hurt because she thought i was ignoring her which really fucking sucked. im sorry to say but i think it wont work, the age gap, his experiences, all of the above will leave you on an emotional rollercoaster and hurt in the end. Good luck, i know it sucks to hear and go through but i wish you the best and i hope yout experiences dont match mine.
>>
>>18400437
He has weird hang ups about it. He's fine with saying we're monogamous and we're dating, but he doesn't like the term girlfriend. He's been in some REALLY fucked up situations from what I can tell, including probably being forced into marriage at some point due to religious shit, so I can kind of understand, but it is still very disconcerting that he has such an aversion to the boyfriend/girlfriend terminology.
>>
He says hes only seeing me and the only reason he would leave me is if I cheat, but that he thinks the word girlfriend is too serious even if we're monogamous.
>>
Bump? Looking for some more input because I really dont think he's seeing other women.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.