[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time to stop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Ashe_6.jpg (628KB, 1215x717px) Image search: [Google]
Ashe_6.jpg
628KB, 1215x717px
I feel like a loser or something /adv/

I am turning 32 in August.
I run my own business and live in a great house that I own.
I am not unattractive and get hit on a lot.
I have friends.
My life is pretty awesome, to be really honest.
BUT..AND? I have this secret life/side of me that I am ashamed of.
I still play stupid MMO games (league of legends to mention one).
I still browse 4chan.
I am a closet homebody/introvert/weeb?

What the fuck is wrong with me. I am in every sense a "normie" yet have these bizarre hobbies/traits where I browse this site and play mmo's. Not even my boyfriend plays mmo's (even though I tried to get him to play).

Is it time I stopped? It's mostly the MMO's thing that is bothering me.

Am I autistic? I don't know anyone else my age who plays MMO's or enjoys secret trips to the comic book shop. All my friends have jobs, married with kids, they have normal hobbies like hiking and are in bed at a decent hour, while I am still trying to kill a fucking nexus at 2am.
>>
>>18399742
i'm 30 and much less successful than you. it's all about your perception, i mean, does doing these things make you happy? yeah, it's pointless, but what isn't? you aren't going to cure a serious disease, you're not going to go down in history as an important scientist.

the truth is, you don't matter. i don't matter. 99% of the population doesn't matter, so you just do what makes you happy and stop thinking about what you "should be doing" based on a made up set of rules by people who only see you as a walking dollar sign.
>>
>>18399742

Grow up and stop being insecure about yourself. You can play videogames if it makes you happy.
>>
League is a MOBA but anyways, as long as your business it taken care of and you're happy I don't see the problem.
>>
File: Nosgoth.jpg (17KB, 399x201px) Image search: [Google]
Nosgoth.jpg
17KB, 399x201px
>>18399772
>does doing these things make you happy?
Yeah they do.

The conflict is within myself. I do these things on my own time but I feel like I shouldn't be. I feel like at my age, I shouldn't have these interests or hobbies.
>>
>>18399787
why though? maybe you'll grow out of it, maybe you won't. you don't get to choose what makes you happy in life and you aren't supposed to have certain hobbies by a certain age. you're an adult, you can do whatever you want whenever you want. if you aren't hurting anyone, fuck it.
>>
File: fednePHbJPeoxgZFZoDEa9-650-80.png (355KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
fednePHbJPeoxgZFZoDEa9-650-80.png
355KB, 650x365px
>>18399796
>why though?
I don't know. I gather that everyone else around me and in general, people my age don't have these hobbies. I've never heard of someone from my friends group/age range enjoying these things or even know about them. I don't even know how I discovered 4chan 10 years ago...
>>
>>18399810
i don't know how i stumbled upon this place either. are you a fellow ffxi player?
>>
>>18399810
Comparing yourself will never make you feel adequate or okay. It will only make you feel like you don't measure up.

Pursue what makes you happy. I'm an adult and I still like playing video games, watching cartoons, and being silly like a kid. It doesn't matter if other people my age don't do that stuff. It makes me happy, and not doing those things would make me sad even if I felt more normal because of it. I choose happiness over being seen as socially acceptable
>>
>>18399834
Not anymore.
>>
>>18399845
i haven't played in years either, just curious. good luck with whatever you choose to do, anon. you sound eerily similar to me, so at least know you're not alone out there.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.