[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 22 yrs too old to start all over again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: 1495722248801.jpg (34KB, 370x699px) Image search: [Google]
1495722248801.jpg
34KB, 370x699px
Is 22 yrs too old to start all over again?
>>
>>18399589
god i hope not
>>
Listen, 22 is very young in the grand scheme of things. Now is the time to follow your passions. Do what you love to do and, on the side, try to make money doing what you love
>>
Man I fucking hate you, wtf you're just starting you young cocksucking faggot REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>18399589
It's not but you need to have a plan and a good work ethic.

You're old enough to know not to fuck around and that the world doesn't give a shit whether you win or lose.
>>
>>18399589
122 is not too old to start all over again
>>
no.
>>
Im 29 and people are still saying im young.
>>
don't think about it as starting over, think of it as going in a different direction. take everything you were accumulating for the direction you were going in, skills, experiences, knowledge, etc, and then apply them in a new direction.
>>
>>18399589
You're 22!
How can you start over when you've only just begun...
>>
>>18399589
Tell us more
>>
>>18399589
It's not possible to "start over", if you fail you did so for a reason, your peers managed to gradually become adults... so why didn't you? its because you're genetically inferior and/or wasn't properly socialized as a kid. Believe me, that stain will be with you all your life, you can fight that fact all you want and "better yourself", but it won't happen. You either effortlessly become a normie or you don't become one at all.
>>
>>18399666
Damn. Time to be pursuit fame OP
>>
OP here

I guess I should add some background story! I've spent most of my life until now being depressed over different matters. I've lived in a city I really hated, my single mother was depressed because her husband (who wasnt my natural father) died, school was shit and the list can go on and on.
I just wasted time.
Everything was shit. And it's not even one of those situations where you could say "maybe the problem was you all along".
No. The problem wasnt me.

The thing is that now i've moved out, i'm at uni and i already have problems. I feel like i'm stuck and the old me is not good enough.
I want to "start again", but i just don't know how and the fact that i'm 22 makes everything harder.
>>
>>18399683
Fake it til you make it
>>
>>18399666
What do you mean with "properly socialized as a kid"?
And wtf "normie" really stands for?
>>
>>18399690
I've thought about it heh
Too bad people aren't as dumb
>>
>>18399659
this kind of shit helps nobody. Just because I'm "just starting" doesnt mean others arent leaps and bounds ahead of me. You might say, well don't compare yourself to others! well fuck that how else am i meant to know if my work is good? If I go by my own criteria, everything i do is good and people are idiots for not liking me, which makes me arrogant. So please what do you mean when you say, youre just starting? Younger people are finishing.
>>
>>18399666
Jesus, that's depressing. You can change. I did.
>me at 15 at a party: extremely anxious, not saying a word, hating myself for it
>me at 22 a few hours ago: still a little shy, but playing boardgames with strangers and geniunely enjoying it
>>
>>18399721
the difference is you went to a party at 15 lol normies when will they learn
>>
>>18399589
30 here.

Just want to say when i was 22 id have thought something like this.

This is unbelievably cringingly facepalmingly fucking retarded. 22 is a child. You can start over and change course anytime, and be extremely successful too. 22. 27. 37. Doesnt matter. Ffs an 89 year old woman just graduated university in my city.

Sorry like i said id have thought that too when i was 22, and youll get as well what children 22 year olds are, hell by the time youre even 24.. But holy shit thats fucking stupid. Not even trying to put you down i actually hope this is encouraging more than anything.

Lets laugh together and then you run off and start over or whatever in the fuck.
>>
>>18399649
Young at heart, niqqa.
>>
>>18399709
That is what i've meant pretty much!
Much of the younger pople that i've met that had done stuff in their lives are people that had the opportunity to grow in an environment that allowed them to confront themselves with others that shared the same passion/interest. That'd be friends/family or shool or whatever.
I never had that so I really don't have an idea where to aim at! Just saying i want to be good at something is way too generic and abstract.
>>
>>18399589
God is forgiving brother. No age is to old to find yourself. good luck with your new life my man
>>
>>18399709
What kind of people do you compare yourself with? Kids you went to school with, famous people etc?
>>
>>18399725
This is actually helpful, just for the "holy shit thats fucking stupid"
That's how i feel when i say i'm "old" but still can't help not feel like shit when i think about the years i've wasted doing nothing and being depressed
>>
>>18399589

would you rather 'start over again' or would you rather stay in your life?

what does 'too old' even mean? like it wouldn't work? are you saying 22 year olds can't just move osmewhere new?

what do you even mean?
>>
>>18399740
I just don't like my life.
It has gotten stale and shit.
I don't like it where I stand.
I feel like at 22 I should have already gotten somewhere or at least have an idea of where i'm going.
Which I don't
>>
>>18399724
Only because my friend was really outgoing and invited me to lots of things. At first I only went because it made me feel little bit less of a loser. I didn't enjoy parties for a long time. Now I do.
I also dropped out of school multiple times because chronic procrastination and I was flaky. Last time I went to school I worked my ass off, did all my homework and assignments, always on time.
I'm not a normie, I just work at my shit.
>>
>>18399738
>years doing nothing and being depressed

Ok same guy here but i really should add you need to talk to a doctor about that.

Doing nothing and being depressed that long is a legit flag of an underlying medical issue. Possibly your thyroid or some poor vitamin intake or chronic sleep deprivation or.. A million things really.

Also the over memed and over self diagnosed "clinical depression" which does exist and does also require medical care when its actually present.

Go ask for a bio chemistry exam. If for example you have untreated hypothyroidism then you have bigger problems than "what youve done with your life". Be on the safe side and you could possibly kill two birds with one stone.
>>
I'm 23 and asian; being a failure and 23 years old means you are 50.

>oh you didn't go to university?
>what university did you go to?
>you make that much a year?
>>
>>18399774
Never thought about it, really.
I always thought (just as my family members) that it was just a period
I'll get it checked
>>
>>18399786
No problem. The good news is if it comes up you have nothing, A) youre healthy B) you know for a fact your whole life and destiny is in fact in your hands.

Good luck. I will be leaving this thread.
>>
>>18399709
It isn't healthy to compare yourself to others. If you compare yourself to others, you're never going to feel good enough. People who use social media feel less satisfied with their lives because they can't stop comparing.

So how do you know if you're doing good work? Does it feel like you're doing good work? Does it feel like you're doing the best you can with what you've got? If so, that's good work. Are you working towards a goal? If so, that's good work.

What makes you feel like "younger people are finishing"?
>>
I'm in a similar situation. It generally sucks, but sometimes I think it might be the best thing ever. I've got all the time in the world to figure out my next move, I don't have any commitments. I'm at zero, but it's a place of endless possibility.
>>
>>18399766
>I just don't like my life.
so change it to what you want it to be.

>I feel like at 22 I should have already gotten somewhere or at least have an idea of where i'm going.

You can feel that way but all that feeling/idea does is put you down. It's not about where you are in life to reference to anyone else because nobody is you and you're the only one living your life. You are what you are now and you have to access it clearly and say "what do I want, what can I change, how can I work towards what I want".

It's what "is" that matters not what you think "should" be.
>>
>>18399666
This is simply wrong. I used to be very socially awkward and it made me depressed as fuck because I never thought I'd get better. Now I'm invited to different places all the time and go to college parties / clubs nearly every weekend.

The key is just exposing yourself to situations that make you feel anxious. Eventually you desensitize your mind to those stressful situations. Another tip is to get a job that requires you to be social. I applied at a call center when I had absolutely no social skills and I think that was one of the biggest things that helped me develop.
>>
>>18399589
No
>>
>>18400562
How do you "expose" yourself to different situations?
>>
>>18399589
>>18399683

I think an agae is rarely if ever too old for forever and for everything
For some things it might be a lot harder the older you are (Like starting new in another career)
For others, it's been too late from the start (Like love)

But there is always something that can still be done. Just not what you want the most.

That being said, 22 is still on that fence where everything can still be fixed. You just need a direction, and plans.

I wish someone would help me with mine
>>
>>18399589
for you, yes.
>>
>>18399666
>that 666 post

You either die an autist or you live long enough to see yourself become a normie
>>
Everyone tries to attest to the volatility of life all of the time. In all reality, as long as you're in the first world and not an impoverished warzone, the window of possessed, dynamic flexibility for literally everyone is larger than it ever has been. Stressing yourself out is a meme.
>>
When I turned 22, I lost 80lbs and fucked 10 women. It's never too late to be who you want to be.
>>
>>18399666
Oy who let /r9k/ in here again
>>
>>18399589
no, I started over at 23 and I'm doing well. It's never too late. It just sucks knowing you wasted years, that you'll never get back.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.