[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental illness discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: received_457742767895859.png (387KB, 697x499px) Image search: [Google]
received_457742767895859.png
387KB, 697x499px
Does anyone here suffer or used to suffer from anxiety and depression?

What are some good ways to help symptoms and even cure it?

Share any stories on your experiences with mental illness.
>>
I don't, my girlfriend does those, very severe. I had depression once, but I got over it.

For me personally changing my situation helped I left my job and even though I was then unemployed for 6 months I felt a lot better.

As for anxiety and depression. Working on building self confidence and just talking with people helps. There are other things you can do too like going sleep the same time everyday and getting enough sleep like 8 hours minimum. Doing regular exercise. Taking up new hobbies.
Then there is also getting help from a doctor too, with therapy and medication. It really depends on the seriousness of what you are feeling.

But from my personal experience and that of my girl changing your environment and situation is something that can be quite effective.

Hope you're alright :)
>>
Changing the situation does help alot bro. Also improve your perseived self worth, go to chuch or a gym and set goals that you can reach. Dont forget to reward yourself for noteworthy things.

All the best love
Anon
>>
>>18397513
Bout ate a 12 guage for lunch a few weeks ago.

On meds.

What u wanna know about my constant worrying about shit that doesnt matter and suffering in hell?
>>
>>18397513
Wish I knew. My anxiety and depression come and go, 2 weeks I'm fine and then the other 2 weeks I can barely get out of bed in the morning or I can't go to sleep because I constantly worry about inane shit. Developed IBS too in the last year.

I'd go to therapy, but I live in a small town in a 3rd world shithole, I'm afraid I'll become even more messed up after seeing a "psychologist". Talked with a lot of people and all of them said the psychologists they went to were really shit and a waste of money.
>>
I bad anxiety which goes from very, very bad to OK depending on the day. I used to be on medicine but took myself off because of health insurance issues. I might have depression too though I always focus on my anxiety when it comes to doctors because I think anxiety is way worse. I've gone to ~5 therapists and they are mostly all a crock, I hate therapists.

I currently am a housewife which is actually very good for me in many ways, though it hurts my anxiety in other ways. But overall it does help far more than it hurts, and if you have the ability to leave the workforce I recommend it.
>>
I had depression and never even knew until I was 23. Apparently I have had it since I was 5. I always felt unmotivated, shy, anxious, afraid of all situations even talking to people or going into a shop. Went to the doctor, got pills, 4 years later I am a new person. Full of confidence, never shy, always in a good mood, see the good things in life. Pill, for me, are the best. I dont think therapy is any good at all (it works better for some).
>>
>>18398893
p.s. I used to self-harm and have severe suicidal thoughts and crazy thoughts and completely obsessed with death. Now I forget why I take my meds but I still take them.
>>
>>18398828
I have been like that. Therapy is good for depression but it's an illness not a way of thinking. Anti-depressants are very good. It can take 6months or so to find the right ones for you and during that period you may feel way worse (as I did) but stick with it.
>>
>>18398854
Financial stress can make depression worse. Right down all your feelings and thoughts on paper and hand it to your doctor to read.
>>
>>18398893
To add. - OP: talking from experience here and I will give you honest advice. Get of 4chan and never come back (seriously, it will fuck with you. I was here before I was diagnosed and it fucked up my head and was trapped in this weird world of my own getting worse and worse). I would also recommend getting a job as a receptionist that way you are forced to answer phones and engage with people. You will overcome it and you will be amazing. I also recommend going to the gym (for mental health reasons). Go for walks anyway (yes, alone who gives a fuck. It's exercise). Start saying hello to people that you make eye contact with randomly. Say hello to the cashier in shops and say goodbye after you are served. It all builds confidence and gets rid of anxiety. Also think of going to the doctor as pills can help with that sort of stuff.
>>
Start smoking, drop who/what caused or is related to your anxiety, best option. If you need just pack up and leave where ever you're living if it comes to that
>>
>>18398945
That is horrible advice.
>>
>>18398945
>>18398950
Funny because I did just this half a year ago, and I've never progressed more in my recovery.
>>
About the best thing you can do is start an exercise regime, personally not something built on vanity like weightlifting etc but cardio. It makes you feel good when you get into it.

Second, stop beating your meat everyday, especially if you're developing fetishes outside your normal preference.

Third, once or twice a week do something that involves other people. No friends? life drawing classes, water volley ball at local pool, group zumba etc

Fourth, eat right.. too hard? Buy a smoothie maker, all sorts of awesome creative receipes out there.

Fifth, volunteer to walk dogs down at your local kennels. That is also very sociable and great thing to do.

Sixth, meditate to develop your focus/attention and get out of your own head.

I'm not expecting you do all these but they are ideas to help.
>>
>>18398983
You just swapped your problems with something else. Now you are killing yourself over the long-term from smoking.
>>
>>18397513
drink and drugs are better than any anti depressant
>>
>>18398854
I wish I could be a housewife, but the idea that I'm not financially independent and I'm pretty much useless to society kills me. I just can't bear the thought of depending on someone else and being a burden.

Keeping a job while also being anxiety ridden is terrible too. I fantasize about winning the lottery more than I should, it's a stupid dream but the idea gives me a lot of comfort.
>>
>>18398828
For anxiety induced IBS I'd recommend Librax if you can get medication. It's really helped me a lot, it's an anti anxiety/ anti spasmodic that you can take 3 times a day and it works really well.
>>
the cure for anxiety is to solve all of your life problems

the cure for depression is to be happy

you will always be someone with a tendency towards depression and anxiety, but that doesn't mean you can't life a good life

http://www.theonion.com/article/new-study-finds-solving-every-single-personal-prob-54023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO1mTELoj6o
>>
>>18399007
I'm careful when shooting up my marijuanas.
>>
>>18399363
Jokes aside: I smoked 24/7/365 for about 7 years before relocating. Once the sources of my stress and depression went away, the cravings did too. Now I only smoke on occasion because alcohol and medication do not mix.
>>
>>18399007
I started smoking because of anxiety, before I even realized that's what it was, and before I could even dream of trying any sort of treatment. It helped me so much. I've since quit and started up again recently because shit is pretty bad for me right now.
Honestly the years I'd be losing at the shittiest ones anyway. 65 or 80, who cares? I'll be too broken to enjoy it anyway. But right now in my 20s, I'll gladly trade that amount of life for some peace.
>>
>>18398945
>>18398945
Do it except dont start smoking. Longterm smoking drained my energy. Also health effects and costs of smoking are outright depressing. Instead do some uplifting activity like learning a new language on Duolingo.

From my experience there was always a reason why I was depressed. Bleak situations where you cannot change it with your own actions made me really depressed (for example working for a company near bankrupcy but no one else hired me. So I finally quit and went to get a specific education in demand living on my savings. Now that it is in my own hands to achieve that goal depression is substancially reduced. Only rarely does it come back that darkness. Second best thing besides quiting a hopeless job was to stop drinking alkohol. Also being outside when its sunny improves my mood and feeling of wellbeing substancially.

You should be nice and positive to yourself. Other people most certainly cope with life without you beeing nice to them. Safe your love for yourself first.
>>
>>18397513
i do, i wake up in the morning feeling like i hit speed ball and i have to assure my self ill make it. through the obama admistration up until suday i coped with drugs (mostly herb) but i do not reccomend. i really dont know what to tell u. people say build confidence and self worth but its fucking impossible for me. id say get help but then the state takes your rights. i guess spending time with friends and doing my hobbies like playing bass, playing hockey, a little vydia, and biking stop my brain from running a million miles a second. i like reading to but if u like history and science i think it makes u more cynical and sad in the end.
>>
>>18399399
Not the one you replied to but its not like smoking doesnt affect you except for a neglible premature death. Its a constant burden on your immune system / body. So just dont do it over an extended period of time.
>>
>>18399678
>Its a constant burden on your immune system / body
so is anxiety and depression but im the poster above u and dont reccomend
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.