[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Urgent Job Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_op4j2giMHK1ubwbhzo3_1280.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op4j2giMHK1ubwbhzo3_1280.png
2MB, 1280x720px
I recently graduated from college with a degree in biochem. One of the jobs I applied to just sent me an email stating that they had reviewed my CV and wanted to me to call in to discuss my interest in the position (lab tech).

Couple concerns;

1) I've never done an interview before. What should I expect? What should I wear?
2) The facility is 50min away in costa mesa. Is it worth it? I'll be paying for gas at least 5 times per month.
3) What's the minimum hourly pay I should bargain for? I believe it's full time.

I appreciate any advice you guys have to offer. I'll return their call tomorrow.
>>
1. You gotta make it sound like you're interviewing them, so when they ask "do you have any question?" Have at least 3 questions that are like or similar to "how do you like working here?" Or " where did the people who worked as lab techs end up now?" Or "what can I contribute to the team to make work easier?" Wear a nice clean long sleeved collared shirt with a tie, some solid colored black pants or kakhis, and some brown or black shoes. Show confidence, but don't act pompous.

2. All depends on many things such as pay, mileage, travel stripends, advancement opportunities, the falicity itself, etc. That's why you're going there.

3. Varies as well. Average pay is $33k a year, but depending on the place and area, you could start off with more or less.
>>
>>18397301
thanks for the tips
>>
>>18397052

Yo, I'm thinking about majoring in biochem.
Thoughts/advice?
>>
>>18397301
Everything here is true. However generally if they call, they want to do a phone screen first. They'll typically ask things like:
Why are you interested in the position?
What do you know about our company and or what made you apply to our company?
How much money are you looking to make?
Tell me about yourself? Be prepared for a 60-90 second speech about your schooling relevant work history experience goals or interests.
Ask a few questions. Google this stuff ahead of time and learn a little bit about the company.
Ask about the working environment, culture, hours.
>>
>>18397926
gotcha, im calling today
>>
>>18397912
it's better than straight chem or bio, make sure you do some undergrad research
>>
>>18397926
>>18397301
Holy shift senpai i got an interview. I spurged out in the beginning of the call but i might have impressed them somehow.

Thanks guys.
>>
Same situation except every interview I've gone to hasn't called back... My biochem graduating class had so many people...
>>
>>18399036
mine has 6 ffs
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.