[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: class2017.jpg (10KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
class2017.jpg
10KB, 340x270px
Just graduated high school class of 2017. Going to a community college and get my associates degree in chemistry then transfer to a university to get my bachelors in chemical engineering. What do you think of this plan?
>>
>>18396490
Ace plan my dude, you're already wiser than 50% of the college students. Make sure you're always in contact with your transfer advisor and see if you can take any professors that also teach at the university you're planning on going to.
>>
>>18396490
congrats m8, also graduated today. this is a smart plan. I am going to a 4 year university but planning to transfer to another anyway, so ultimately going to CC might have saved me money
>>
File: 2017-01-12.png (556KB, 700x585px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-12.png
556KB, 700x585px
>>18396490
CC is hella underrated. Get those transfer requirements completed, take summer classes, and apply to a 4 year institution. Don't take loans out. Go to a cheap state school for chem engr. If you want a masters, then consider moving on to a high-tier research college. Good luck famalam
>>
Great plan, OP. Community college is awesome. I paid $200 tuition over two years for my Associates. The "college experience" is over-rated.

You're already smarter than most of your peers. And youre STEM. Good on you.
>>
>>18397400
I should also say after my Associates I transfered into uni with a 4.0 which they loved and am about to finish a BA. I'll owe only $5k at the end of it, thanks to community college
>>
>>18396490
Go meet a counselor at the cc ASAP, have him set up a academic plan for you. Be on time when you sign up for classes since calc/physics class fills up fast, and you have low priority sign up date when you start.
I ended up having to stay for 3 years because I didn't get a good academic plan early on.

Also, depending on the scenario you might have to skip on the associates, ask your counselor when he sets up your plan.
>>
>>18397400
>>18397380
>>18396509
>Tfw just graduated as well
>Tfw if I had told my parents "i'm going to community college" they would have cut me off immediately and kicked me out
>Instead they get to be put ubder financial strain for 4 years (should ve debt free at the end of it though)
Surely you must miss something at CC, right? Say it aint so
>>
>>18396490

I am a professor in chemistry at a small four-year college that not long ago was a two-year college. My advice to you is to make absolutely certain that you be in constant contact with your planned four year school to ensure exactly what credits will transfer--not all of them will. Also, do not fall for this meme that all classes are the same at all colleges. For example, I have heard people say that Calculus I is the same at your local community college as it is at an Ivy League school, which is just ridiculous. I also teach at a local high school, and I will tell you that the chemistry course I teach at the high school is more rigorous than the chemistry course I teach at the local college. I suspect that any core classes required for your Cheg degree at the four year college will not be transferable from the community college. Good luck to you. THe most important thing is that you make excellent grades at the community college.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.