[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do guys talk about other girls to their girlfriend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

I was just wondering the reasoning behind this. Obviously no one here has a crystal ball that can read other people's minds, but what possesses a guy watching tv with his girlfriend to be like "wow she's sooo fucking hot" or "did you see josie's new IG pic? like holy fuck look at her ass". I can't imagine on my own volition ever lusting after someone in front of my SO and commenting on it like "holy fuck baby did you see john's new IG picture? his abs are insane, like omg"

Like i'm legit at a loss here men, why do men do this? Is it him viewing me as someone he can talk to as a buddy, does he forget i'm his gf?
>>
File: A-okay.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
A-okay.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>18395319
>Like i'm legit at a loss here men, why do men do this?
>Like i'm legit at a loss here men, why does my tactless degenerate excuse of a boyfriend do this?
FTFY
>>
>>18395319
When guys do this its more than likely hes trying to spark some jealousy, he wants to see you get possessive of him essentially. Its fucking stupid but I think that's it.
>>
>>18395319
There are 2 kinds of people, the kind that talk about how attractive they find others in front of their SO and those that don't because they find it rude. Decide if your okay with or not and then talk to him about it
>>
The only people I ever comment on are other men. Your man is a degenerate.
>>
>>18395319
>wow she's sooo fucking hot" or "did you see josie's new IG pic? like holy fuck look at her ass".

your bf might be legally retarded if this is what he said to his gf.
>>
I discuss hot girls and guys with my boyfriend but I don't think either of us have ever been impressed to the point where we'd be that excited about someone being hot. It just sounds a bit odd to me.

Maybe he really appreciates the opportunity to be really open with you about who he finds hot? It's nice that you're so laid back about it and he's treating you similarly to how he'd treat a friend (Which is a good thing i guess).
>>
It's a rather rare thing i'd say. But when i think what might cause that kind of behavior three possibilities pop into my mind:
1. Dude might simply be a complete retard.
2. He might wanna give you a hint, what he'd like you to look like, while not wanting to simply say it for some reason.
3. I know plenty of girls who tend to talk about boys to their boyfriends, it's really annoying and that can be a side effect of being in contact with this type of girls.
>>
>>18395330
That doesn't sound like guys. That sounds like girls.
>>
dont act like women dont also do that. dont be offended
>>
>>18395319
Why do women always cry if they can't have Chad?
Why do women always cheat if they think they can get Chad?
Why do women want equal rights whilst not contributing to society?
>>
I wouldn't do this while sitting around with my girlfriend, but like, when I'm out with my friend and his girlfriend, I'll point out a girl or something and my buddy and I kinda play around with it - I'll say they're super hot, he'll say "ew she's way gross," but we'll all know he's saying that sarcastically. The girl enjoys judging other girls and I'll either get a "she's way cute!" or "you have awful taste," and generally she'll wingwoman for me.

(This is actually my relationship with two of my relationship'd friends, I get on with their girlfriends though, so it's not hard.)

But this way they're still checking out a girl or a guy or whatever, just not directly to their partner. I dunno, seems like a sensible way to do it to me. Or, like, with a celebrity, where it's clear you're probably not ever going to meet that person and if you did, you wouldn't have a shot. Why not talk about it?
>>
I'd want a relationship where we didn't have to pretend that having an SO deactivates your attraction to all other people and would want both of us to be comfortable saying we find someone attractive without getting insecure about the other being unfaithful, but out of respect for my SO, I would never make those comments if we weren't on the same page and she didn't do the same, or we never had a conversation discussing those boundaries. Your BF sounds like a dick.
>>
>>18395348
thank you. I feel like he's not trying to make me jealous intentionally, and he knows i don't think it's cool when he puts so much emphasis on it, i just dont understand the need behind it. what goes through his mind? he can't be that dumb that he'd do it in a "let me share who i want to fuck"-kind of way, can he?
>>
>>18395319
Testosterone and penis. An urge stronger than one to become a mother. Or to crack open a cold one with the boys
>>
>>18395330
I dont know if thats it though, because he knows I don't think it's cool.
>>
>>18395319
Well you whores cheat enough I think it is justified
>>
>>18395319
Eh... I talk about women and men to my girlfriend all the time.

Sometimes it's to comment on their attractiveness, I've literally pointed out chicks that had huuuge breasts (To be fair, she started it though), but a lot more times it's to be semi bitchy and critique what they're wearing (like literally I'll just say, "wow, I love her dress, but those shoes... No."

There are also some basic rules of common sense/tact I follow.

I NEVER call a girl hot, only guys.
I NEVER directly say OMG her ass is so fine or any shit like that
I NEVER make it an objectification of the individual that makes my girlfriend uncomfortable (I actually did this once. I was drunk as fuck though and it actually wasn't even what I meant to do, I just worded shit really awkwardly. I bassically complimented a girl on her ass and thigh, because she was on a volleyball team and I used to be on track as a sprinter, and I KNOW how much work it takes to get that much definition--and not in the pure gym way but more in the I'm constantly preforming and dedicated to this sport way--but my drunk ass couldn't properly convey that lol)

Anyway, my girl knows I'm loyal to her. She participates in the people watching/commenting too, it's even something we do together.

I think your boyfriend just is kind of tactless as fuck and clueless.
>>
This sort of behaviour is emotional abuse and yeah it happens in most relationships from both sides.

Perhaps it stems from underlying feelings of being wanted or desires. Insecurities, lack of independence and, well, being human. We're all fucken flawed in some way.
>>
>>18395613
>This sort of behaviour is emotional abuse
Da fuq???

You serious? No.
Get that shit out of here.
Stop throwing arround buzzwords you apparently don't know how to use.
>>
>>18395557
>he can't be that dumb that he'd do it in a "let me share who i want to fuck"-kind of way, can he?

Why does telling you who he's attracted to make him dumb? What's wrong with him being honest to you? Do hot people stop existing when you're in a relationship?

It's called honesty op and if it makes you uncomfortable then tell him. I'm gay so my boyfriend and I talk about guys sometimes because we're both into them. Like "oh hey look at that guy" "yeah lol saw him".

It's not a competition, and he's probably not even thinking about it much when he says it.
>>
>>18395640
Of course they don't stop existing, I haven't insinuated that nor have I said that it's wrong to find others attractive. I don't have an issue talking to him about attractive people objectively, I just don't understand why he puts it forward in a way (to me, his gf) that makes it sound like he wants to fuck them so bad. I can't relate to it.

Finding people attractive doesn't always mean the same as wanting to fuck the person.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.