[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life almost as bad on antidepressants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1479937423513.png (69KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479937423513.png
69KB, 400x600px
I've started to wonder if I should actually surpress my depression.

If I take antidepressants (started maybe a month ago), I feel reasonably ok - sometimes actually happy - but generally flat and unmotivated.

I have these same periods when off them. However, when I am actually going through a depressive period, I feel motivated. It feels horrible, sure, and I spend days crying. But it's often during these periods I feel at my most creative and motivated to do things. When I was feeling depressed I started to learn to draw and drew up plans for after uni, but now I am on the tablets I have stopped this.

I have these same periods of unmotivation when off the tablets, but the meds seem to be making them worse and longer.

Is there a deeper problem here, do you think?
>>
Talk to your doctor about trying a different one. I had to go through about 5 spread over a year until I found one that actually helped. And then it took 2 months for it to even get in my system.
>>
>>18394730
Thanks, I'll give it a go, are there any that don't make you a zombie?
>>
>>18394767
I'm on zoloft right now and other than it taking ~40 minutes to ejaculate and not really feeling any sexual attractions it's pretty great. but side effects are different for everyone.
>>
>>18394775
I noticed the sexual stuff at first but it kind of went away... I hope it doesn't come back.

But it hasn't really done much else, just zombify me.
>>
File: 1461650222049.png (197KB, 450x500px) Image search: [Google]
1461650222049.png
197KB, 450x500px
>>
File: images-1.jpg (6KB, 303x166px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
6KB, 303x166px
>pumping myself with toxic pills will solve all of my problems
The solution to your "bad" life is to stop acting like a fucking victim all of the time.
Our generation's increasingly fragile mental state isn't caused nearly as much by chemical imbalances or increased social pressures as it is by being taught that having a victim complex is healthy.
Everybody (EVERYBODY) has horrible things happen to them in life. The happy, successful people you see are the ones who decided to not spend their life dwelling on their bad experiences, but instead decided to build on their good experiences.
A message to you and any other passionless pill munchers: unless you've been literally locked in a rape chamber for the last decade and have experienced ZERO positive things in that time, it really is time for you to grow the fuck up.
>>
>>18394938
??? anon some people have actual dysfunctional brains that don't produce proper levels of serotonin.

Go tell a cancer patient that they need to grow up and force their body to repair itself through willpower.
>>
>>18394938
Ever heard of clinical depression?
>>
>>18394938
>>18394955
>>18394966
Yup, it's a little more than just stopping acting like a victim. I don't think I do, anyway. There is something very wrong with my chemical balances, evidenced by the fact I can be perfectly ok for a day then crying on the floor in the evening with no trigger.
>>
Anyone else? Do I maybe have some form of bipolar? I tried googling motivation and depression but nothing useful came up.
>>
>>18394775
Lowered libido sounds like a plus for me desu, that's mostly why I am depressed, would be great to just look at hot people and just go "eh..."
>>
>>18395058
You should definitely seek some help for that my man, they've got some medicine strictly for that which is used for pedophiles so that they don't feel sexual urges. Could definitely help with your situation!
>>
>>18395062
I wouldn't want it to have any permanent effects and I don't think I'd want to take those meds just because I'm in a bad spot right now ... Just want to get through it without feeling frustrated and lonely.
>>
>>18395058
Not falling in love ever hurts almost as much as falling in love
>>
>>18395127
Falling in love is definitely worse. Why do you think I want the meds?
>>
After I quit therapy and anti-depressants I basically failed an entire semester. Two days ago I broke down crying and today I'm the most motivated I have been in months.

I really do think the anti-depressants can only hurt a person.
>>
>>18394985
I agree. I have clinical depression and have been on meds for years. Took several meds and dosages before getting the right one. Lowered my libido but also cured my premature ejaculation problem. I haven't had anything horrible happen to me. I hate it when people come on here and say the meds are bad, fix your problems, and quit being s fucking baby. Because I did all that. I waited way too long to get professional help and was having panic attacks and physically was ill and unable to sleep before I went for help. I blamed myself and thought I was weak for not being able to solve my own problems. None of that was true. I am much happier today and functioning normally on a maintenance dose.
>>
>>18395202
The difference between moderate and severe depression. I took the meds in high school and know now I shouldn't have taken them for so long, for years I took them and they did much more harm than good. Now I really need them and I feel like I fucked up by taking them before.
>>
>>18395207
I'm sorry to hear that. I guess everyone is different and reacts differently. I do agree that people can get hooked or be prescribed them unnecessarily. A few times I've tried to slowly stop but HJ's issuers resurface for me. So, I don't try anymore. I'm just stuck with it I guess.
>>
>>18394938
You're quite silly
>>
>>18395202
Damn, I'm glad you're doing ok now. How much are you on?
>>
Final bump I guess?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>18394955
>comparing problems with the fee-fees in your head to a serious disease that eats up body before mind
Why don't you go up to a terminal cancer patient and tell them that they should just act like a sad victim for the rest of their time, instead of celebrating the good experiences that they've had in life?

>>18394966
>Ever heard of clinical depression?
Kek, I got diagnosed with that shit as an edgy teenager. Of course i had the same problems as the rest of you: i constantly cried, and felt constantly sad, and constantly wanted to die; I realize and accept now that it was all because I was a pussy that did not want to take responsibility for my shortcomings. Doctors hand out depression meds like Halloween candy here in the Western world. Just because some big pharmaceutical company wants an easy pass to sell you some overpriced pills doesn't mean that you're special.
For the vast majority of young people (inb4 a disproportionately large group of special snowflakes telling me that they are the expection),
>muh depression
Is nothing that a change in attitude, diet, and moderate exercise can severely diminish.

At least the increasingly strong trend of people spending the best years of their life acting like self-loathing betas makes it significantly easier for anyone who can look past the easy escape of victimhood to take their place in life.

>>18394985
Your body is crying for a good reason, anon.
Do you think your body was developed with the intention of popping pills while sitting on 4chan all day?
Somehow I feel that you must not exercise regularly. I find it hard to imagine somebody mercilessly crying on the floor after the endorphins of a 5km run have been released from their body - assuming that they've had at least a somewhat healthy diet going in to it.
But then, exercise is somehow never a viable solution for you or the other lazy victims, is it? Not good enough of solution, I suppose, because it takes a modicum of effort.
>>
>>18395908
Yes, I exercise, and yes, I eat reasonably healthily.

I'd say you were trolling if you weren't putting so much effort in.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.