[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TLDR: Started dating girl. Girl takes meds for depression that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: 390509-memes-im-alone.jpg (40KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
390509-memes-im-alone.jpg
40KB, 1920x1200px
TLDR: Started dating girl. Girl takes meds for depression that suppress libido. Wat do?

So i (27 M) recently started seeing this girl (25). We've been having a blast during our dates and we're getting along famously. 2 nights ago, we were watching a movie on the couch and i saw an opportunity to lean in for a kiss. She seemed to doubt for a second and then pulled away, saying that her sex drive has been very low since she started these new depression meds. Not wanting to pressure her or make her feel uncomfortable, i told her it was fine and we just cuddled for the rest of the night.

Normally, i would've just dropped this girl and moved on to another one, but i REALLY like this girl and i'm willing to take some time and just see how this plays out.

I don't have a massive libido myself, but well, i do have one. Is this something that's going to persist, resulting in pretty much no sex at all? Is there anything i should or shouldn't say? The last thing i want to do is pressure her into anything, but i would like to know what i'm getting into.

Typing this i realize i don't even know exactly what i want to ask. If any anon in the same situation could shed some light on this situation, that would be very much appreciated!
>>
kissing is hardly sex, is it?

cuddling and kissing are very compatible in fact.

try again see what happens.

keep getting the bad vibes, then reconsider.

who wants a problem child anyways>?
>>
>>18394201
>kissing is hardly sex, is it?
Yeah, this confused me a bit too, but she was pretty clear that intimacy other than cuddling just wasn't something that was gonna happen. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable so i didn't press the issue.

She's hardly a problem child, it's just 1 issue that i don't really know how to deal with.
>>
>>18394177
You kinda sound like a sexist, no offense
>>
>>18394214
Wait, i'm not presuring her at all and want to find a way to deal with this situation without making her feel uncomfortable, and that's sexist? :/

What should i have done, said "no isn't an answer, im raping you now."?
>>
>>18394214
and what would the problem be, anon?

some kind of inbetweeny are you?
>>
>>18394177
Realize that she is damaged goods.

If you think you cant score better girl (i bet you can), stick with her and watch her slowly sucking any sort of fun, happiness, lust and reason to live out from you.

I can guarante to you that you will be back in one year crying like a bitch when she breaks up with you or even better cheats on you.

>dont put dick into crazy
How wait, she wont even let you. Dont do this to yourself op, aim a little higher.
>>
>>18394214
Not opbut you kinda sound like a moron. Sexist?? How tf??

Go back to tumblr.

As for you OP, patience is the name of the game. Ive been dating a girl with low drive for years and if theres one thing I know its that they do get into it eventually, but it could be a while. I'm talking months. If you really do like her stick around but don't expect to be fucking soon.
>>
>>18394222
Aaaaaaaand go back to r9k you autistic dunderfuck
>>
File: uja7yui_9699.jpg (40KB, 350x257px) Image search: [Google]
uja7yui_9699.jpg
40KB, 350x257px
>>18394231
>spot the gril on meds.
>>
>>18394231
Stupid response as usual /adv/. Please go back to r*ddit where you belong so your feelings don't get hurt
>>
>>18394231
Do you honestly believe that everybody can be saved? That it is worth staying with somebody who is mentally so weak she needs pills in order to evade suicide thoughts?

That it is possible being young healthy boy who needs sex as source of ego boost, intimacy and general happiness?

If the girl wasnt stupid, she would at least gave him hand job. Sex is super important for both parties. It gives you the validation, a ton of happy hormones and feeling the struggle is worth it after all.

When he wants cuddle and kiss and her only reaction is
>ew dude, i wont sex you up, back off
she is as damaged goods as she can be. Probably raped / abused as child.

Evade her op. Not worth the trouble.
>>
OP here.

Can we stop the in-fighting please? :/
I'm here for advice how to handle this situation. If i came off as sexist, i apologize.

Would really like to hear from anons in a similar situation like >>18394227
Thank you for that reply. It's not so much the time that matters to me, it's more that i want to know what i'm getting into.
>>
File: 1474872511514s.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1474872511514s.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
Dump her not because of her libido issues, but because she has >depression and thinks that popping pills is an appropriate way to deal with her personal shortcomings.
>>
>>18394245
For context I am also >>1834227
>stupid
>damaged goods
>mentally weak

Jesus fucking Christ you're a bunch of sexist little psychopaths. Listen I'm about as against Tumblr as you can get without being a total /pol/fag but ffs are you serious? She's a human being not some retarded dog. Depression is a disease. If you cant respect a woman's boundaries then have fun never finding anyone who will love your dumb ass. You disgust me.
>>
>>18394257
As for you gg for thinking like this. Shes in a hard place rn and patience and support would go a long way to building a strong emotional connection with her and eventually lead to something physical, I can promise that. Of course it might not work out in the end but if you try then I'm betting you'll be better off than listening to these orbiter dunderfucks.
>>
>>18394269
do you kiss and cuddle, anon?

do you like the fuzzy warmth of a man by your side?

if so, why don't you GTFO and get yourself a life then>?
>>
Good fucking lord all the retards in this thread. You are all immoral cunts. Just because somebody has depression doesn't make them any less worthy of somebody's time than anybody else.

Fucking grow up and get off adv.

As for OP just try again, if you think she is worth it she probably is, and as she gets more comfortable with you things will ease up.
>>
>>18394257
How long do you know her?
How long has she been "depressed"?
How long is she taking pills?
Which brand? Name?
How long is she planning to take them?
What is her reason to be sad?
Who raped her?
Does she have psycholog? Shrink?

>>18394269
I am sorry for making you triggered, but i am trying to save op from unbearable pain and horrible things which will come if he decides for whatever reason he wants her.

>you have to learn how to love yourself first before you can love somebody else
And people with depression fails very hard on 1st step. It will be long, one sided and will end up as trategy.
>>
>>18394284
>trying to save OP
Here comes the white knight lads
>>
>>18394279
I could say the same to you. Your daikamura is getting cold. :^)
>>
>>18394284
Translated: "I got dumped by a girl who happened to be depressed because I'm an asswipe and am now an asshurt r9k autist."
>>
>>18394292
please don't talk about my lady friend as though she were an inanimate facking object.
>>
>>18394297
>you're an inanimate facking object

Sorry I had to. Also different poster but couldn't let that reference go unnoticed :)
>>
>>18394290
>>18394296
http://lucidphilosophy.com/3-ad-hominem/

If you have run out of arguments, just ghost the thread, this is not place where you can lose or gain karma.

Also op, one other thing.
Some people have schyzo or bipolar. And they mask it by claiming they have depression to have alibi for not wanting sex, because the SSRI happy pills all kill libido hard.
>>
>>18394296
Why do I have a feeling you've been cucked multiple times before? Just a strange hunch
>>
File: download (4).jpg (7KB, 194x160px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
7KB, 194x160px
>>18394315
Nope but keep thinking that. I just hate people who treat others like shit for no good reason.
No being a woman isn't a good reason
No not putting out in the first date isn't a good reason
No being depressed isnt a good reason
I feel like I'm in grade school again mother of god this is ridiculous I shouldn't have to tell you idiots proper moral standards
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (176KB, 2824x1582px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
176KB, 2824x1582px
>>18394177
This is a major red flag. The damaged goods bit is true, even if it's a bit harsh.

You are her boyfriend, not her psychiatrist. You can't cure her or save her. It is very likely that her depression will eventually begin to affect you as well.

Find out what other issues she has.
Low self-esteem? Anorexia? Bulimia? Cutting? Desire for no-holds barred BDSM (as in "no safe words because it won't be authentic")?
>>
>>18394330
>being depressed isnt reason to hate them
It isnt. But it is valid reason why to NOT date them.

Having relationship isnt a right. That is a priviledge of clever, stable, attractive, successful people. You arent one of them? Try harder or die alone. Natural selection is still on.
>>
>>18394368
>That is a priviledge of clever, stable, attractive, successful people.
just. wow. i'm a 6/10 at best and had the "privilidge" of a relationship for most of my life.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 216x233px
>>18394368
Oh god I just cringed. U so alpha boi I'm defeated by your sex god powers

I have anxiety and panic disorder but am in a happy healthy relationship, guess by your standards I don't deserve it. Sorry we can't all be flawless like you /s
>>
>>18394368
Spotted the tuumblerina
>>
File: 20120208160239-1_0.jpg (60KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
20120208160239-1_0.jpg
60KB, 1000x700px
>>18394383
>>18394398
>>18394404
I cant believe i managed to trigger three anons by stating the obvious.

You dont need to be perfect, just "good enough". Majority of people sooner or later manage to find significant other willing to settle down with them. See pic related. Works with almost everything (dating potential included).

Maybe do some self reflection and learn that not everything is personal attack against you.

Still op, dont date people who cant even stay sane without happy pills. Not worth it. Some claims the mental ilnesses are heritable.
http://www.healthline.com/health/depression/genetic#genetics2
And you dont want to have sad babies, do you anon?
>>
>>18394442
OP here. Neither of us want babies anyway.

Regardless, i like her.
I didn't start the thread to debate whether i should date her or not.
>>
>>18394442
Oh shut the fuck up you stuck up cunt. So why do you automatically say she isn't good enough? Is a mental disorder enough to automatically disqualify someone from being happy ever? You're a sack of shit.
>>
File: exclamation-point4.jpg (4KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
exclamation-point4.jpg
4KB, 211x239px
> I didn't start the thread to debate whether i should date her or not.

Sigh. Your first words: "Girl takes meds for depression that suppress libido. Wat do?"

Fact: She will make you miserable.
Fact: You will not even get pussy for all your efforts.
Fact: You are wasting everybody's time, yours, hers, ours.

Find someone else.
>>
>>18394452
Buy dragon sleeve and lube then. Because you can be sure your gf wont cure her depression in years to come (if ever) and by her reaction towards your cuddling, i bet all my (You)s on she was abused / raped and she will never percieve sex as something you do willingly with people you love.

Good luck op, you have been warned.

Whatever you do, DO go with her to her shrink/psycholog (or make her get one) and work with him.

>>18394463
Because op is young healthy cheerful boy and she will brobably break him really hard in the long run. This is what /adv/ is for, to help and give shit advices to people.
>>
>>18394452
Dont listen to these idiots they dont know what love is, all they care about is getting their rocks off.

Hint to the rest of you idiots: BONING =! LOVE
DEPRESSION =! WORTHLESSNESS

EVERY ANON SAYING OP SHOULD DROP HER = RETARD
>>
>>18394476
keep taking the happy pills
>>
File: owl.jpg (33KB, 243x250px) Image search: [Google]
owl.jpg
33KB, 243x250px
>>18394476
Oh please, try harder than that.

I never said she was worthless. I said that she is not worth the effort. Big difference.

OP, if you want to major in psychology and get a degree in psychiatry and cure her, be my guest. In fact, you can start by reading this:

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/discoverpsychiatry/acareerinpsychiatry.aspx

Therapy shouldn't take more than 15 years or so after that. Have fun!
>>
>>18394493
Stop being a retard. She needs help thinking that he should drop her because you don't think she's "worth it" has nothing to do with it. You're a cocky snotnosed bratty asswipe who needs to pull his head in. Ever wonder why youre single? Maybe its because you're such a moron that any effort on your part is such a chore and demeaning to you.
I wish for the best but I know you're just going to die alone.
>>
>>18394177
Tbh at your age for what purpose do you want a gf besides banging?

Reconsider If she's worth your time in any other way.
>>
>>18394177
Your issue is really complex, too many things to answer to get an Idea of the situation.

The main question is: is she catering for your needs and wishes at least a little or is it a one way relationship?

Not talking about her doing exactly what you want but just being here for you and making you a happier and better person.
If she's not I have the regret to tell that your relationship leads nowhere.
Otherwise, you might gain a lot by trying to get her to talk and share more with you.
The thing I am afraid of is that she might consider you as a walking cane and not the man she has attraction...
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.