[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making More Friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: sikh3.jpg (265KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sikh3.jpg
265KB, 1600x1200px
After a few days of soul-searching and reflection, I've realized that all of my friends are my friends because we bonded over politics and after discussing and enjoying hearing our political observations and senses of humour we somehow got to trust each other and became able to become friendly about other topics and open up on about anything.

I've realized something though. Not a lot of people I know like talking about politics. I'm trying to make some new friends almost as excellent as my best friends (I have 4 people I consider very good friends). It makes wonder, how the hell do I befriend someone in the first place?

I'm asking because I'm tired of only being close with a few people and being quiet with everyone else. I'm trying my best to socialize with everyone and get close, but at the same time I don't understand how you make friends in the first place, I just talk with people passionately and jokingly about politics and if they like listening to me and having me listen and respond to them we become friends.

My style tends to lure some people in with my edginess and "out there" style and repel people who think I'm autistic. I'm around the middle of the social hierarchy, people generally like me or at least think I'm okay. The people who dislike me are generally not open about it. They think I'm a bit weird or "not right" (I know because a few times when I'm being myself I drive them to the point where they tell me they think I'm weird and I shrug it off).

I don't care to make everyone like me, but I want to make more really good friends and talking about just politics is limiting my options. What can I do?
>>
>>18393861
huh, you sound like me a bit.

idk man. I've had nerdy dnd friends but they ended up actually thinking they were witches. I've had business friends but they screwed me for money, I've had filthy hippy friends but they just smoke a lot of pot and if you're too serious about anything they don't want you around, its not great for your life progress.

I tried getting along with car people, but car culture is essentially dead on a local level these days unless you're talking street racers and that's not my crowd. normies are not into cars. I made the mistake of talking to someone that asked me specifically about my car and how I was into cars about how I did a bunch of stuff and it became immediately apparent they didn't actually care.

I think the thing is this, people that want to talk politics think differently and that is ultimately the deciding factor in whether or not people will make good friends is if they think similarly to you. not think the same things, but in similar ways.

way I see it there's two options, fake it to be friends with a bunch of people knowing eventually the friendship isn't going to work out, or find people that think like you.

me I'm friendly with basically everyone but there's few people that are long term. even the people that I was so close to I'd call them brothers back in highschool and college aren't around. just recognize that friends come and go save a few.
>>
>>18393861
>I just talk with people passionately and jokingly about politics and if they like listening to me and having me listen and respond to them we become friends
Bingo, you answered your own question OP. Let me break it down for you.
>I just talk with people
>and if they like listening to me and having me listen and respond to them
>we become friends
It is actually that simple. Good conversational skills and a genuine interest in learning about other people are the two big things that help in meeting people and making friends.
>>
>>18393892
Well, I'm not looking for fake friends, so I guess I'm better off with less friends that I like better. Your point about people only politics thinking differently from others it's really true, I can't believe I didn't realize it.

>>18393919
I guess you're right. What else can I talk about besides politics though and would I be able to genuinely get interested in it? Maybe I could try something new and expand the number of people who I can talk passionately with.
>>
>>18393936
You can talk about pretty much anything, with pretty much anyone, if you care enough to engage strangers in small talk. If you've got other hobbies you can look for local groups that focus on them and try to meet people there, and it gives you something in common to talk about.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.