[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend is great, but why do I feel this way?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1455348383554.png (362KB, 650x550px) Image search: [Google]
1455348383554.png
362KB, 650x550px
My girlfriend wants to settle down in the near future and has expressed interest in getting married. However, I'm unsatisfied with the relationship right now. I want go out with other people and experience new things because I feel I haven’t meet enough people to feel comfortable settling down yet. Additionally, she isn't fulfilling my need for intimacy which is making me a bit moody. She is stuck in a dead end job that is holding her back, and she isn't really showing a real commitment to improving her situation or herself as a person. She fights with depression and a lot of problems holding her back from achieving her goals in life. To top it all off it's a long distance relationship where we switch off driving a couple of hours only to see each other every other weekend. It’s a rough drive and a lot of time and money. Despite this, I endure it because she is an exuberant, supportive, and selfless person, who really wants to overcome her problems. She always expresses her feelings of worthlessness when we talk about education, I get frustrated and try to suggest ways for her to improve her life. I want to help support her anyway I can because I know without my fervent support nothing would change for her. I have a great deal of love for her, and I just can’t decide what to do. I think she is an excellent person and if not for my own insecurities about settling down I would ask her to marry me once I graduated. I don’t know if my feelings of dissatisfaction will just pass with time, or if I will be happy settling at this point in my life. I just want to talk to other people and gain perspective about what life might hold for me, and if I should take a chance this summer while I’m free. Picture unrelated.
>>
>>18393757
Move in together as a trial. see if bridging the distance helps things or makes them worse.

A ring will not fix anything.
>>
>>18393757
>driving a couple of hours
fucks sake I do this almost every other night. tired of people calling an LDR having to drive 2-3 hours.

>>18393769
also this.
>>
>>18393769
OP here, unfortunately that isn't a possibility because she won't quit her dead end job and I'm a student that can't really support her longer than a few months. However, if I had the chance I would first move in with her before proposing.
>>
>>18393827
It's about $30+ dollars to drive there and I have to bring my own food cause of her living situation.
>>
>>18393830
Also, I’m not sure how easy it would be to live with her, she’s bad at keeping a balanced diet, and doesn’t really cook or clean all too often. Her excuse is that she is too tired after a long day at work and that the people she lives with are so dirty she rather not wash any dishes, clean the kitchen, or cook at home. I’ve seen the situation, the pile of dishes is very high and the counter and stove is always greasy and pretty gross. I’ve cleaned her kitchen a few times and washed all the dishes, it took hours. I even tried to get her mother and brother to help out more often, but no success.
>>
>>18393842
Are any of the dishes hers? Do YOU cook, clean, and eat well?

It sounds like she wants commitment but she is not ready to settle down, but I think it's important to question what you would BOTH offer.
>>
>>18393849
A small amount of them are hers, I cook clean, and eat well.
>>
>>18393859
Find someone that has the same values as you. What you need a female version of yourself.
>>
>>18393757
>long distance relationship
Just get out dude. It's not going to work.
>>
>>18393757
>she wants to settle down
>i dont like
Google sunken cost fallacy and break up.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.