[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What to do with my life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 001.jpg (135KB, 788x1024px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
135KB, 788x1024px
Hi. I'm a 20 year old who still lives in his hometown with his parents. I've never had a job. I was attending a local community college until about a year ago. Now I do nothing. It's killing me.

I need to move to a new city as soon as possible, somewhere I can live on my own and attend a CC on my own. Somewhere I could get a job with minimal experience. My parents said they would support me as long as I'm going to school and they'd pay for me to move and pay for my first 6 months while I'm looking for a job/waiting to enroll in classes. Sounds great right?

I don't know where to start. I don't know where to go, what to study. I don't know how to make new friends. I don't know how to get an apartment, I don't know how to pick good roommates, I don't know anything. And nobody seems to want to help.

I feel myself wasting away and going crazy while I'm stuck here. Staying here is not an option, the sooner I can escape and be independent the better. I'd like to move to an urban environment where I can more easily get out and meet new people.
>>
Uh, why can't you get a job where you are?

>Staying here is not an option, the sooner I can escape and be independent the better.
Sounds like you're just looking for an excuse to continue to be a manchild
>>
It sounds like you're parents are really trying to help, have you asked them how to be more outgoing?
>>
>>18393711
what is your field arts,commerce or science
>>
>>18393722
How is looking to be independent an excuse to become a manchild? I can get a job where I am but I plan on leaving very very soon.

>>18393727
They don't really care about me desu. Wealthy family. They don't really care if I'm near or far as long as I'm not dead and I call on holidays. They don't help at all.

>>18393734
I'd like to study nursing somewhere, it's what I was studying last year before I got extremely depressed.
>>
Bump with some info:

I live in northern California and I'm looking to move somewhere I can drive to (LA, SF, San Diego, San Jose in CA. Portland in OR or Seattle in WA). I want somewhere that won't be too expensive.
>>
>>18393747
>How is looking to be independent an excuse to become a manchild? I can get a job where I am but I plan on leaving very very soon.
Because you expect to just up and move and miraculously find a job that's going to allow you to afford to live on your own. You have no work experience and no life experience. I don't doubt you know it'll be near-impossible, so if you say that staying where you are is not an option, then you can continue living your cushy lifestyle where your parents provide for you and you contribute nothing to society i.e. be a manchild. That's how.
>>
>>18393747
I don't have any Idea about college but you should ask your parents for a nursing college that's under their budget and you should be more dependent on your parents for choosing college(not major) cause they have far more experience than me or you
>>
File: pinkmoon.png (261KB, 345x345px) Image search: [Google]
pinkmoon.png
261KB, 345x345px
>>18393785
I'd be moving to a new town. Sure, I'd be what you consider a manchild for a little while while I finish up school, working a minimum wage job to get spending money while my parent pay for my necessities. After I graduate with my degree (likely in nursing) I'll work around until get a job in the field. I will no longer rely on my parents at all.
>>
>>18393792
Yep. It seems like they should want to help but they just want me to do everything. Which is fine I guess. I just need to decide on a place and figure out how I even move there and make it happen.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.