[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /adv/'s actual, honest to goodness attitude on suicide?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

File: 17m7bll7tgbzxjpg.jpg (22KB, 587x480px) Image search: [Google]
17m7bll7tgbzxjpg.jpg
22KB, 587x480px
What is /adv/'s actual, honest to goodness attitude on suicide?

I know it's a meme around here to say "haha kys fag" but how many of you actually have such a casual/apathetic attitude toward it? Alternatively, if you're against suicide, what is your main argument against it?
>>
>>18393543
suicide is simply death its just the form is more obvious sometimes and sometimes its not
>>
imo people who are suicidial are not in their right mind. most people who survived their suicide attempts are glad they did.
but a lot of people on /adv/ who are suicidal are the worst type of people to deal with so I just make fun of 'em
>>
Anyone incapable of seeing the immense value and unlimited potential of one's own life is unworthy of it. We also have an overpopulation problem. So, apathy.
>>
I think that anyone who wants to do it should be allowed to but I personally will never see the point in doing it. If your life is really that bad then say fuck it and travel the world or something. If it's that bad, then what's the worst that can happen? You die? You already were going to kill yourself anyways.
>>
>>18393543
>most people who survived their suicide attempts are glad they did.
Yup, peopel who have survived jumping from tall buildings or high bridges all say they would have given anything to be able to turn back once they were underway. People who hang themselves without tying their hands first are usually found with torn and raw palms from trying to pull themselves back up the rope.
>>
I see it as a right, and I'm neutral on whether or not people ought to do it.
Of course, that's definitely one of the more libertarian views on suicide.
>>
ultimately the end goal of life is acceptance of death and while it is a total waste of the gift of life, i don't know. it doesn't quite terrify me as much as other forms of death do, having known victims
>>
Most people don't really give a shit about suicide victims except for trying to make themselves feel like good people, or if the suicide victim is a cute girl.
>>
>>18393543
I have never recieved any worthy (You) from single suicide poster. So they are either
>dead
>left the thread once it got too personal
>attention whores
>unable to do easy google search for right method

Conclusion:
It is waste of time replying to suicide posters. Most of them here are stupid teens who havent even completed puberty. I say it is natural selection.

>>18393922
>cute girl
Lol.
>>
>>18393922
This
>>
>>18393840
This is so dumb. What if you're so haunted by traumas that you can't think about anything else?
What if they're so poor they haven't a pot to piss in and that's making them suicidal?
Should these people just travel the world and live it up?
>>
>>18393867
This is horrifying to imagine. It makes sense though, I attempted suicide back in august and left my note to be found as a cry for help cause I was hurting so bad.

I should've just checked myself into the hospital instead though lol, because my family did NOT take it well and only yelled at me which made me feel worse. Our relationship still hasn't recovered.
>>
I dislike it. It's a long term solution to a temporary problem.

The fact is I expect to die alone. But even then, I still find enough that appeals to me to make life worthwhile.
>>
Why not at least just become an alcoholic and be a NEET and drink yourself to death while playing vidya or watching kinos. Or maybe in the process someone will save you. That's what I would do if I didn't wanna live anymore. Alcohol does wonders.

As for actually killing yourself quickly? Bad idea. Just never worth it. People who jump off bridges always regret it. Things could always improve, that's why you should get into booze and let it numb you in the meantime.
>>
>>18394157
You could always drink a lot of booze and then kill yourself.
>>
>>18393543
Life isn't precious. Tons of animals and humans die everyday. Suicide is just death. It is the right choice is some circumstances.
>>
I don't see it as a bad thing, death is apart of life after all. But, I personally don't think its worth it. Seems like a waste to end the potential to grow and better yourself for maybe a chance to wake up in a sea of clouds with all the people who died before, or just eternal darkness with only your consciousness.
>>
>>18394157
I'm doing this and it's not working. I mean, it does but only temporarily ... I'm like any other addict, the abuse causes the problems that cause me to become depressed and want to drink more. I drink all day now in small amounts just to feel normal. I can't drive and i'm always switching gears mentally, I go from extreme depression to mania, although the mania doesn't happen anymore because there's literally nothing for me to be happy about except the fact that I have a dungeon to die in.
>>
File: 1480017665713.jpg (18KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1480017665713.jpg
18KB, 500x375px
>>18393543
I believe people people should have the right to choose if they want to live or not because they should have absolute authority over themselves.

My attitude is to live itself and suicide is based entirely on ego itself, I am aware that this impacts families and communities negatively as they do not want to someone they care about to die and that many suicides are pain in the ass to clean up.

But in the end I think your life should be in your own hands and only your own hands.
>>
I believe people are in charge of their own life and they have the right to end it. However, having been raised a Christian I still have the fear that you can go to hell if you kys. Some priest told me that not all people who commit suicide go to hell though.
I think taking your own life in a way is more honorable than just dying, it's not a coward thing because it takes a lot of guts to go against your body when it's designed specifically to not die (until you get old, then your body actually starts to slowly kill you).
>>
I don't think I'm in the position to judge people for killing themselves. It's very unfortunate when children kill themselves. I've been in the position where I've thought about and I think everyone has. Some people don't have the skills to handle their emotions in a healthy way. My opinion generally on suicide is that it's done in the wrong state of mind.
>>
I firmly believe you have a right to kill yourself and really don't care if people I have no interest in kill themselves. However, unless you are going to die a painful death immediately and want to manage the pain, I almost always think it's stupid. There is nothing after we die. This is it. Why stop and ensure that it was all for nought?
>>
>>18393543
mixed feelings

I thought about it for a long time but ended up taking my frustrations out on others.
would it have been better to just off myself?
I doubt it, it would have left an even bigger tear in things

I think you have the responsibility to other people to soldier on, I've been working on that basis for years.
People rely on me, and if they knew I was suicidal they would feel even more unstable
wouldn't put my family through it, my friends.
Even the people I don't like, enemies, ex's; It even effects them and I too much a man to make a parthian shot like that

I remember when I was growing up I lost a friend, it wasn't so bad at first but it lingered for years.
and two people in my school killed themselves way back, and it impacted everyone
I even tell you, one person I beat he shit out for for years killed themselves, and I wonder how much of a part I played in it.

Living with chronic depression is OK, at least I've never known better or worse
but when you hear about other people killing themselves it makes it harder, people can fall like dominoes like that
I've never talked to people about it myself, because I don't
>>
It's their choice. You didn't care when they were suffering, why would you care if they were dead? People just don't want to feel at fault, even though most of the time it's their faults. It's basic mental gymnastics and selfishness
>>
>>18393840
such a retarded argument, why would i travel if i dont even have motivation to get up
>>
I was legit thinking that if my life got really bad, I would:
a) join some army. cuz why not.
b) build the most badass fucking fort in some forest somewhere lol
>>
Y'all need the lord in your lives. Life is far too precious to waste on suicide, god always has a meaning for.
>>
Sometimes you are in pain every waking moment and you just want it to stop. It might be a short-sighted solution but it's an act of desperation. I don't think it's fair to judge people for it, they aren't in their right minds and are just trying to find comfort.
>>
>>18393543
My main argument would be that it ruined my life to the point i almost ate a shotgun a few weeks ago.

>hang out with best friend and others
>have a few beers
>says he will teach me how to run a smoker and make plans to start early
>excited for my favorite past time of hanging out and daydrinking with my bros around a fire.
>best friend heads home

Shoots himself in the chest and dies instead...

>another real good buddy
>drink beer at his house like 3 times a week
>has a shop and a small construction company
>he mechanics on the side
>lots of tools and parts and half done projects we dick with
>is a few years older than me
>has 19 year old son
>son is a bro, aways hanging around
>kind of like a little brother to me
>always pay him to take my car on ciggerette runs for the guys or drive my car home when i party.
>his truck breaks down on the highway
>grab a chain and tow him to the shop.
>say we willtake alook again tomorrow and figure it out
>goes home

Shoots himself in the chest and diea instead...

Twice in 1 year i watch everyone i know break down around me over and over and fucking over.

Learned how to not go crazy last year. Keep it together whike people hug and cry all around.

Grab a beer, turn around, best friends mom is therein tears.

Again with watching her be heartbroken.

Lost my mind.

Depression amd anxiety meds cocktail.

I am now a zombie and every day hop i roll my fucking car on the way home.

Cant tell anyone.

It sucks...
>>
>>18393578
Yeah, and people that barely know u want to jump off a cliff now...
>>
>>18393589
;( i try anon.

Also, i made an extremely naive decision in trying to fight my demons alone.

Descided to make a mental list of the happiest people i know.

Figured i can try a little harder to hang out with those people. Get to know them better and maybe i could be happy also.

...it's all a smoke screen. All of these "happy" friends i have are medicated and suicidal. My beat friend was the life of the party. Anythibg he could do to get a smile out of you he would do. Always down to party day or night.

Apparently he was absolutley tortured and none of us saw it.
>>
>>18393631
>unworthy of life
>not supposed to an hero.

Try and fail miserably at every turn to find happiness.

The fuck do i do with myself then? To tired to live a too stubborn to die.

My life is shit.
>>
>>18393840
That's just it anon. A vacation or skydiving or winning the lottery, etc.

You reach a fog. None of it matters. Nothing will help besides maybe freedom from this hell.

I sat at a litteral crossroads on the side of the highway breaking down. Walk in appointments only to see a shrink and it was hours away. The road going the other way was home where i keep the guns.

Legit just set there exhausted and hating myself. Neither answer seemed worth a fuck.

Headed home with a plan to make it look like an accident. Grab a table and a few guns tore apart to clean. I am right handed. Use left hand to eat a bullet. Have bore snake in my other hand or on the floor near me.

Figured there is a chance someone might figure it out and couldn't bare everyone breaking down again. Figured fuckit. I guess i will try the shrink. I can always an hero later.

Went and got meds and shit.

Still pretty apathetic about the whole thing honestly. Maybe the meds made me a zombie.

On one hand the uncalled for rage at tiny normie problems is gone. But so is my give a fuck.

Every smile or conversation i have is fake af and i would rather be dead than talk about things im actually interested in simpy because i cant be bothered to give a fuck.
>>
>>18394075
Happy people are incapable of understanding suicide.

I used to be a dick

>give em a gun. They will either use it or won't.

Used to think people that attempted it and failed were just attention whores or weak minded.

I have a different view after suffering depression and anxiety for a very long time.

Watching my friends drop like flies unable to fight any longer.

I get it. I hope i never learn how to tie a noose but it's a cointoss weather or not i will end up in one.

Life just sucks and you have good days and bad days.

Until u dont.

All the days suck and nothing makes u happy.

The meme teir depression remedies dont help at all.

U slip so far into the pit there is no possible way out.

Why bother climbing if u just fall harder into the pit when u see a glimpse of daylight?
>>
>>18394098
Sorry to hear anon. That is my fear.
>>
>>18394157
Been adrunk for 15 years. It just becomes another demon to battle anon.

The cold sweats and shakes do not do wonders.

Feeling like shit every morning and feeling kike a peice of shit all day does not do wonders.

It also hampers your meds. Is why i cut back.

Also then u just sort your shit out and can finally start your life at 50 just to die of shit health
>>
>>18394499
Poor bastard. Cut back and see a shrink.

It is hard but its worth it.
>>
Just do it ffs
>>
>>18394542
This makes me happy. I cant imagine a kind and caring person like my best friend who would give a stranger the shirt off his back would be in hell.
>>
>>18394582
If you really believed there isnt shit afterwe woukd die why not do wtf ever u want?
>>
>>18394619
Sad.

This is my fear. Suicide can take 2 or 3 more people down and it starts a horrific chain of reaction
>>
>>18394644
But i didn't know my friend was suffering. The other i did and i realy honestley tried to help him feel better.

Still didnt work
>>
>>18394920
I am finally after years and years but it already destroyed my life. I lost everyone and I have to wait until July to see someone. I'm not looking forward to the side effects of antidepressants but I'll do anything to feel better.
>>
>>18394772
It would be nice if i coukd believe that. Or he could step it the fuck up a little.

Im about to my breaking point trying to be happy and my friends are all dying.

I find it really hard to believe there is anywhere left to go but straight into dying old and tired.
>>
>>18394965
Its where i was a few weeks ago. I havent really had any side affects. I think my anxiety is a little worse.

Sadly i dont really feel any better or worse. I would have uncontrokkable rage at the smallest stuff tho. And now even super irritating shit just makes my stomache hurt a little and makes me apathetic as fuck.

Maybe it gets better. I dont know.

Cutting back on the booze helped and so do the meds i guess.

I wish u luck brother. Just hold on till u can get in.
>>
>>18394986
>Sadly i dont really feel any better or worse.

That sucks what are you taking? I am gonna ask for wellbutrin but I hear it's expensive.
>>
The only motivation I have to work is to eventually buy a gun and kms once my parents pass away.
>>
>>18395018
Generic cilexa i think. And trazadone to sleep. It used to be for depression but made everyone tired so now they supplement other depression meds with it i think.

Didnt even ask for meds. Actually was embarrassed by the suggestion and pretty pissed about it.

Whatever works tho. I dont have a phd to deal with psychotics but the doc does. Guess i will just trust him to handle it.
>>
File: 1479966965710.png (269KB, 435x357px) Image search: [Google]
1479966965710.png
269KB, 435x357px
>>18395021
>>
>>18395057
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>18394953
I do
>>
>>18393543
I think people should have the right to end their life if they wish so but as somebody extremely anxious over the concept of non-existence I don't understand how anyone could want to kill themselves.

I've felt very depressed but the panic death gives me always kept me moving forward.

A big problem is that many of these people think they can just power up, or just fall into the comfortable apathy of self-loathing and inaction.
>>
>>18395100
Lol, wrong pic
And now i haveno idea wtf one i was gonna send bro. Sorry. Work got me swamped today. Realy hampers the shitposting.
>>
It's like poker, sometimes people fold way to early, even though they would have won if they didn't. But, other than the fact that I am agnostic, that is the only deterrence, I don't have that much of a problem with suicide, and I've thought about it on many occasions.
>>
>>18393543
I think you it is your choice. You're free to choose life or death. No one can take that decision from you. No one should judge you for it. People need to accept that as a choice you made.
BUT I do also think, that people around you are allowed to try anything to make you change your mind, to fight for you.
If they fail, then that's just how things are supposed to be. It's neither their fault nor yours. No one is guilty.
Suicide is a decision you make, because you suffer.
>>
>>18395217
Dying scares me but I can't begin to comprehend what it's like to not be conscious for eternity. It's probably like dreaming until maybe your brain decomposes?
>>
>>18395237
Growimg up Christian its apparently paradise anon. Or potentially eternal hellfire.

Dying doesnt scare me. Neither does hell really.

Being deprived of seing the ones i miss tho. That would be eternal suffering.

At least if i just dont an hero i have like another 60 years max of suffering here
>>
To me, suicide is about a loss of faith. Or maybe "hope" would be more appropriate, since "faith" tends to carry religious connotations.

We've basically known for a long time that the average human being actually relies on a whole slew of outright fabrications(i.e. cognitive biases) to function. The weird, paradoxical, maybe even miraculous(WITH the religious connotations this time) thing is that those biases actually sorta kinda come true when a whole bunch of people have them; that's how they evolved in the first place. But, in the end, they're still just illusions, and there are times and places where those illusions can break down. When they do(for various reasons), that's when you start to get people thinking about suicide.

That being said, it's quite rare to encounter someone so "woke" that they can't find some other construct to take shelter in. In order for a 100% rational suicide you'd have to be so supremely aware of the universe that the notion of suicide itself becomes an almost meaningless concept to you. Still, it is a bit disconcerting how freely available this type of information has become, and will only continue to become. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of mass-suicide event in our near future. There'll probably be some kind of information cleansing type event(think bonfire of the vanities) before that, though.
>>
>>18394961
it's true, suicide has this effect

if I was ever going to do it I'd at least have a fair go at making it look like an accident, get drunk and go swimming in a river or something

nasty buisiness, no; better to just keep pushing forward with life
>>
>>18393840
>If your life is really that bad then say fuck it and travel the world or something.

I've already traveled more than most people will in their life and I still hate myself
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.