[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scared of affection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1225.jpg (62KB, 373x560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1225.jpg
62KB, 373x560px
Anyone else fear affection and intimacy?

I'm 27, successful, and loyal person. Lots of people come to me and ask for advice, im easy to talk to, and I get along with girls great (platonically). But... I fear intimacy. I really stress over the thought of a girl thinking of me sexually and wanting to be lewd with me. Even if a girl has me on her mind a lot it bothers me. I've had 1 ONS several years ago (my only sex experience) and it was fucking awful. I regret it a lot.
>>
To answer the main question no it is not weird at all. I don't want to hurt any feelings and I don't want my feelings hurt, so if we just stay friends that's cool.

However if one of my girl friends (see the space?) Comes up to me and says that she has me on her mind a lot I will inquire about it. If she says shit like "your lips kissing me etc etc" I would see if she has been drinking. Dont want my friend telling me this if she aint sober. If she is sober then I will make it very clear to her that it's going to be a one-night thing and that she can feel my lips all over her. Have to make that clear and we will still be friends and no "enhanced relationship experiences" comes from me putting my dick in her.

However if it a friend I'm interested in I could possibly see myself being a significant other to her, then I will be happy that she thinks the same way. Only then I will pursue more of a relationship (aka "enhance relationship experience").
>>
>>18393311

There has been a few girls that I've been interested in, that have shown interest in me as well which freaked me out and I've cut contact. As soon as they would start saying intimate things about me, it'd scare me and I told them it had to stop, even tho I liked them. That's happened several times.
>>
>>18393289

Sad
>>
>>18393289
Wow, your a total betamale
>>
>>18394254

I'm not a total beta, I have my life together, I'm content with what I'm doing, I am really good at talking with people (girls included), but intimacy is a problem for me
>>
I'm like you, OP. I just can't imagine myself trusting someone enough to let them in. It seems like painting a target on your back.

Ironic because when I was a kid, all I wanted to do was be good at picking up girls. Now I am, and don't even feel like it anymore.
>>
>>18394483

Yeah that's sort of like me. I can very comfortably talk to girls as long as it's in a platonic context. But there have been several girls over the past few years who have started to like me, and all it does is create me a ton of stress
>>
I have the same problem. I learnt to make do with imaginary relationships and keeping really busy with work/hobbies/exercise/learning new things. Personally, I find the longer you go without a relationship the less you long for one.
>>
>>18393289
Is that blood on her shirt?
>>
>>18394421
>>18394483
>>18394494
>>18394556
It's a rare sighting we got here /adv/. 4 betacucks in open, flocking to the same thread. Get your screencaps now before it's too late
>>
>>18394556
Here
>>18394565
How am I a cuck if I haven't given a woman access to my resources?
>>
>>18394565

I don't understand
>>
>>18393289
I'm prepared to talk and not be an asshole anon

are your issues just with intimacy, or are there elements relating to sex drive as well?

I'm trying to work out if it's primarily a social anxiety, or a sexual anxiety

I've met a lot of people who arn't comfortable socially with relationships
plenty who have trust issues, or attachment issues

some who arn't sexually attracted to women, and being unable to return their interest makes them anxious.
sometimes they are gay, have niche or taboo sexual interests
Once I met an asexual who was freaked out by non-platonic relationships in general, their sex drive was only personal

anything ring a bell?
>>
>>18394698

Well, I'm a healthy male so I do have sex drive. Women are sexually attractive, but I don't feel comfortable having sex with them. I've tried 2 ONS when I was younger and they were bad experiences which I regret.

2 years ago however, I did meet a girl who I really liked. She really liked me too, and I decided to try stepping out of my comfort zone. Unforunetly we lived very far, so we never actually became physically intimate. But we had become emotionally close, and she said lewd and intimate things about me which I was actually happy about for the first time ever. She ended up using me emotionally and had sex with Chad before I went to visit her. That caused me a great deal of anxiety and depression which I only recovered from last year.
>>
Don't ever get married like Leonardo D. and you'll be fine OP.
>>
>>18394760

What do you mean? Leo never got married?

Tbh, I don't care if I ever get married or not. I never want kids anyways
>>
>>18394732
long distance relationships are often like that, don;t take it too personally

if girl is sleeping with chad she will often try and substitute a second man to fill chads lack of emotional depth

maybe you just had a rough entry into intimacy man, if you only have a few experiences and they were poor I can't blame you

but it's just bad luck, the more you try the closer you come to the average
>>
>>18394771

I have a really hard time trusting women emotionally. As I said, there has been other girls that have shown interest in me. Even if I like them, I don't allow it to go anywhere. The thought of me having a girlfriend feels wrong.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.