[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I date a vegan? The girl I'm interested in is strictly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 2014-07-29-ZE1.jpg (47KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-29-ZE1.jpg
47KB, 682x1024px
How do I date a vegan?

The girl I'm interested in is strictly organic and vegan only. She's even rather straightedge and won't have a single drink.

I like meat and I have having a beer or whisky every so often. I cooked her some vegan curry which ended up actually pretty tasty.

How can I show her and convince her that I respect and support her lifestyle when I don't want to share it? I don't want to have to hide my meat-eating and social drinking. Are relationships like this doomed to fail?
>>
>>18393067

>how do I date a vegan?

by putting your cars on the table and making reasonable compromises.

date night might mean going to HER restaurant and never yours for instance, however its unreasonable for you to NEVER eat meat at home.

it might be wise to start sharing SOME vegan meals at home, not just like vegan curry, but perhaps some meat substitutes so you can still enjoy meals together at home, but again it shouldnt mean losing ALL of your meats and other assorted foods.

put your cards on the table and say what you said here, and if she can't handle that, then there is no magical loophole that'll fix it.

good luck
>>
>>18393067
Just be respectful about your diet and drinking and don't rub it in her face. If she's not one of the cultist vegans she won't care. I'm a vegan and I've dated a lot of omni girls and it's never been an issue.
>>
>>18393075
Thanks for the advice. I don't mind going to some trouble for her because I think she's really special.

>>18393086
Do you find it disrespectful when someone who knows you're vegan eats meat in front of you? Would you accept a hypothetical girlfriend who has a carnivore night every week, with or without you?
>>
>>18393120

in the end it wont really be trouble, vegan food isn't as god awful as people claim it is in TV and the like. most people try like ONE vegan thing and throw a fit cuz it doesn't take exactly like what they're used to.

the only truly awful experience I had with vegan food was the vegan brownie at tender greens. i legit can't finish that thing and im a glutton
>>
>>18393120
Watching people eat meat has never bothered me personally. Only eating meat once a week should be enough to satisfy all but the most insane lefty sjw vegans.
>>
>>18393178
If you don't mind me asking, why did you go vegan in the first place?
>>
>>18393067
not gonna lie, Im a vegetarian. Not a vegan but I HATE the smell of meat and would never let it in the same house as me. Fish is fine, but everything else smells like shit and I can smell it from miles away. And if you eat pork id never consider you.
>>
looks like this is gonna be more about her accepting your lifestyle than vice versa.
>>
I've been a vegan for a long time. I've never had an issue with others eating meat because most people do. The only thing that gets annoying are stupid questions like "were do you get yer protein" or asking if I have a cheat day. Dumb shit.

Just don't be the guy that tries to force your lifestyle and hopefully she doesn't try and force her lifestyle on you.
>>
>>18393067
Very simple. You accept the vegan life. You dont have to be a vegan. But you are going to have to concede heavily and slowly move your diet closer to hers.
>>
Honestly, just show her you care about her and be normal about it. If you really like her so much just never make it an issue. If it comes up just be as respectful as possible. If she doesn't respect you or your values and makes it a make or break issue than she probably isn't the girl for you.
>>
>>18393120
You are missing a critical point. You are not just someone she knows. You are dating this chick.
Like if you are allergic to peanuts you dont really care if someone eats peanuts infront of you as long as they respect your needs. But you care a lot about if your SO does and its definitely a deal breaker if they do.
>>
>>18393281
I find the idea of eating another animal's flesh and excretions disgusting and I don't feel good about benefiting from another being suffering. I recognize that eating animal products is human nature and normal tho
>>
>>18393067
Just tell her, dont be scured
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.