[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I use dating apps ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: mickeymouse.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
mickeymouse.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
I'm on a 3 month vacations and I know that I will not meet anybody by other means than dating apps . I stay at home all day reading books.

But there's a girl I'm in love with. She told me she was too busy to have a boyfriend, and there's a part of me hoping she will date me in july when she's done with her exams.

Both dating apps and waiting for this girl feel like stupid options.
I like neither of those options.

I feel empty.

Should I use dating apps ?
>>
>>18393020

>too busy to have ab oyfriend

is a legit lie. no ones too busy to have a boyfriend. when they want to date someone you can bet your ass they find a fucking way. when anyone says that, male or female, its ismply because they dont want conflict in rejecting you.

shes not sitting there saying 'WOW I TOTALLY WISH I COULD HAVE DATED ANON BUT IM SO BUSY'
>>
>>18393020

>i feel empty
>should i use dating apps?

think about how silly that answer to your emptiness is.
>>
Yes, you should, at least to distract yourself. No use to chase that tail since she's not interested and won't be.
>>
>>18393020
I'm fairly ugly and do well enough in real life. I'd probably get rekt on dating apps. This depends how well you can speak and how photogenic you are, OP.
>>
>>18393026
I didn't want to type too many things into the opening post, but it was more like a "I don't want a boyfriend for the moment" kinda thing.
She told me she really wanted one last year but that she is now trying to be happy by herself. And I assume the fact that she has to deal with exams make it impossible for her to change her mind right now.
But I also know I have no chance with her and feel stupid.

>>18393027
I guess having more social interactions would be nice.
Also I thought maybe if I fuck a couple girls that girl that I love will start seeing me as a love interest.
I know it's quircky.
I just don't know, I'm totally lost in what I'm doing with my life.

>>18393036
That's exactly what I was thinking, that distraction would be great. But it feels dumb, to start hitting on random girls.

>>18393055
Girls say I'm a 7/10 when I ask them, but I'm not self confident about that. I'm more of a 5 IMO.
I have a hard time speaking with girls in dating mode. I'm calm and introspective, I tend to lead conversations around philosophical shit.
>>
>>18393071

>it was more like a "I don't want a boyfriend for the moment" kinda thing.

this changes nothign. she still doesn't like you.

>im trying to be happy by my self

thats another thing women say when they dont want to date you. sure she might mean it but that doens't mean shes sitting around saying 'OH I WNAT TO DATE ANON BUT IM TRYING TO BE HAPPY BEING SINGLE'

think of how you are. have you ever really liked someone and then thought 'i cant be with them cuz im too busy / trying to be independent' ?

no. when people like each other, they go for it. she just doesn't want to break your heart.

>but i also know i have no chance with her

remove the 'also' cuz those previous excuses were not valid.
>>
>>18393071
>That's exactly what I was thinking, that distraction would be great. But it feels dumb, to start hitting on random girls

It's actually more like rolling a dice. You'll also only talk to girls who have a mutual interest on you, so it's not that random.

At worst it'll be a distraction like playing a game.
>>
>>18393080
You're totally right. Thanks for the honesty.
Sorry for the weird "also".
I'm french (and I'm 19) so I still have trouble writing in english.

>>18393084
Maybe I should do it then. But you know, it feels like if I don't try it with all my heart it will not work. It feels like if I try with little efforts it will just depress me more.
>>
>>18393099

the issue wasn't your english or grammer, the issue was that you were saying 'ALSO' as if the original excuses mattered, none of them matter in the face of 'she doesnt like you'.

the other excuses were just imaginary things she made up to not hurt your feelings.
>>
>>18393106
I was saying "also" but I meant "thus" or "anyway".
All of those three words can be translated to "donc" in french depending on the context, so I tend to have trouble using them.
I totally got your point, that girl will not want to date me after her exams.
Thanks for your kind help. People I talked with IRL where not as honest as you.
>>
>>18393122

glad i could help. ive been there before. I 'dated' a guy for months and never got to see him cuz he was just 'too busy' and always 'grounded' and such.

i cringe looking back.
>>
>>18393099
I don't see why it's a matter of more or less effort. You just talk casually to people until it hits of with someone and go from there...
>>
>>18393125
Well, that sounds like hurtful. Sorry for bringing back such memories.

Actually my ex girlfriend had an habit of saying she was too busy to see me. But I was a naive fuck and thought it was for real.
The fact that I didn't realise that this new girl uses the same tactics shows that I trust people too much.
>>
>>18393134

its a thing. just remember that rejection is not a judgement of you. if romance is special then the baseline cannot be all girls just saying 'yes' to your advances. chemistry is a very real thing and if they dont feel chemistry it doens't mean you are ugly or too flawed, it just means you aren't a match.
>>
Dating apps are only for above average attractive people. If you aren't standing out looks-wise, your soul will be crushed.

Don't worry, it's not fulfilling. I've gone on countless dates with girls I met online, countless hookups, and I honestly only remember one or two of them. It was a huge was of time, effort, and money (gas, food, etc.)

You're better off focusing on your goals and going out to events like concerts where you can meet people who are on a similar vibe. The girls I meet at concerts are always amazing and it is easy to approach them in a party setting. Just be the party.
>>
>>18393126
If don't try hard and it doesn't work I will blame myself.
And I think I don't have the willpower to try hard.
Maybe that's weird thinking.

>>18393146
You're probably right about that
>>
>>18393149
How do you approch girls in concerts ?
Some girls say I'm "above average" but I don't really trust them. I'm kind of afraid of the pain I will feel if this shit doesn't work.
>>
>>18393161

post a pic of your self?
>>
>>18393155
What do you mean by trying hard on dating apps?? Honestly I don't see much of a gap in trying hard and not in that...
>>
File: shitt.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
shitt.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>>18393164
Got no good pics on this laptop so here's a stupid webcam snapshot
>>
>>18393184

you're not bad looking but your eyes give this retarded bored expression thats gonna fuck shit up
>>
>>18393183
When I see people talking about tinder it's all about having 6 different pics of yourself, doing 6 different activities "that you enjoy" from angles that have to cheat the eye.
This shit feels like too much effort for me because I normally don't take pictures of myself. So I only have few.
>>
>>18393161

Yeah you're not bad looking you can score IRL but Tinder is useless unless you're literally a model. The girls might think a guy is cute, but they're on Tinder and want the model tiers.

IRL it really doesn't matter if you're hot as fuck. IRL is about being a normal / attractive looking person but being able to bring a positive energy that makes a girl feel good and comfortable fucking you.

Concerts are a great place to meet girls because there's so many of them and you all have something in common : You're enjoying the music. If you aren't enjoying yourself and are chasing girls, they'll sense it.

Instead of chasing, just enjoy the show for a few songs. Absorb the energy of the music and the crowd, then amplify it. Go grab a water bottle from the bar and on your way back just stand next to cute lonely girls and say something casual into their ear while maintaining focus on the music. Move/dance around slightly, it is super attractive.

>See qt dancing
>Go up to her and dance a little bit
>say into her ear "I love this song!"

Then just go from there. Each girl is different. Girls at concerts want more of the positive energy the music is giving them, so give it to them. Improve their experience by saying positive funny casual and flirty things. Don't breach her comfort zone and don't ask her shit like "where do you go to school?"

Watch RSDtyler pick up videos man this shit is way easier when you study it. The information is available.
>>
>>18393193
That's bullshit, just add what you have and be done with it. It can't be that much effort to find at least three pictures of you where you don't look like a sperg
>>
>>18393203
Thanks for thoses advices. And I'm gonna do the research you're telling me to do for sure.

I don't usually go to a lot of concerts but I'll consider it. I enjoyed the concerts I went to this year so I could maybe try it out.
>>
>>18393211
Yeah. I still don't really know about if I should or not try dating apps, but you're right about the fact that I'm overthinking this stuff.
>>
>>18393220
I use it to find girls to have threesomes with me and my gf. Dating apps weren't a thing when we were single, so I was also under the impression that you had to be top notch looks wise.

We got dozens of matches, with a couple profile, straightforward text and a single picture that doesn't even show our faces (fully clothed), fucked two girls an went out with a third just to pass the time

Before that I had a single profile and got matches with low quality pictures, and I'm completly average looking. So I can only imagine how far that could go if I really tried.

It's low investment, low risk, low effort and acceptable reward. Just do the bare minimum (set a good profile cover pic and two others and a few lines) and keep realistic expectations and standards (you obviously won't have success aiming exclusively for 10/10s being average) and it's even kinda fun.
>>
>>18393256
I see your point.
I think I will at least try it, it's not like I can't delete my profile if it doesn't work.
>>
>>18393020
>But there's a girl I'm in love with. She told me she was too busy to have a boyfriend, and there's a part of me hoping she will date me in july when she's done with her exams.

Bro "love" is a strong word. Yall havent even dated, how can you be in love with her? Just tryna be real with you fellow anon: Prepare to have your feelings hurt. I was once naive and joyful about being in love like you are. Hell I dated this chick for about three months, kept thinking of her and shit. Would listen to her problems and her blaming me for shit that any reasonable logical human would say that is not my fault at all. However "love" blocked all of that logic.

Yup this shit is engrained in me forever about "love". It sucks but I came out a new man, just like a soldier in the front lines seeing shit. Be careful anon.
>>
>>18393268
There isn't even the need for that. Delete the app and keep the profile. If I'm not mistaken it will still be available, so if anyone swiped right they will be there if you come back.

I have a fat friend who got a gf on tinder, another skinny one who got several affairs outside his marriage, both are below average imo and not wealthy.

It's one of those things that there's no harm in trying, and all you have to do is the bare minimum not to look creepy, which honestly you should be doing in any social network, online and irl.
>>
>>18393284
Should have called her a crush if it's more apropriate. My bad.
I know how love can hurt when a girl you date becomes some sort of obsession.

>>18393287
Thanks. I just kept hearing that it doesn't work. I think people have strong and opposite point of views about all of this.
>>
>>18393295
It depends on what you expect really. 4chan is full of bitter neet neckbeards who think they're entitled to a qt3.14 just for having a pecker they jerk twice before lunch. Keep realistic expectations and just use it casually. Don't panic if girls don't reply, don't get frustrated if conversation dies down, don't expect to get three dates by the weekend and so on.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.