[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I help my boyfriend who has depression? Thank you.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (705KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
705KB, 2592x1456px
How do I help my boyfriend who has depression? Thank you.
>>
Just try to be understanding. Don't make it all about you, don't take it personally if he wants to be alone sometimes, understand that you can't necessarily "fix it" just by loving him.
>>
>>18392416
By dumping him and finding yourself a normal man instead of a chronic crybaby primadonna. You are welcome.
>>
>>18392416
Talk to him, make him cry on your shoulder, force him to get a job, adopt sport and go with him to psycholog.

Also chances are high he doesnt have clinic depression, just that he is sad and generally lost with his life.
>>
>>18392432
Only correct answer
>>
>>18392416
I've been in a similar kind of relationship and here's what I'd do differently based off my own personal experience
>don't play doctor
>don't think you can save them
>act more like a parent
>treat them normally
>listen and try not to be judgemental
>empathise and try to understand what they were thinking and feeling at the time
>force them to be independent - don't make their life centered around you!
>speak about yourself - don't make it all about them, unless talking over their problems helps them to solve it
>don't think you can or have to save them - you don't and you won't be able to

Just treat them as you wish to be treated, listen to them and don't play doctor. Empathy is key to not holding a grudge against anybody, understand why they behave like they do, and you'll often see a clear middle ground.

Most importantly, don't be emotional manipulated by him. Do what you gotta do.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.