[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i buy a console or a Kindle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: heygoys.png (31KB, 689x768px) Image search: [Google]
heygoys.png
31KB, 689x768px
Console: Would be an Wii. Keep in mind that it would be a lot more expensive, and i've been away form the gaming world, would buy this to try to get back

Kindle: Buying this to enhance my reading experience as books can get pretty expensive around here. Would be a lot cheaper than the wii.

Opinions?
>>
>>18391712
I play a lot.
Buy kindle
>>
Why buy a kindle that limits you to only reading when you can get a tablet that does 100x more for around the same price.

I'd get a wii just because it seems like a better way to kill time rather than a kindle that (yes) can also kill time. I just feel that kindles are outdated by now.
>>
>>18391726

I do have a tablet, but i heard that reading on the Kindle is a LOT better.
>>
>>18391712
kindle and then download a wii emulator and roms on your gaming computer.
>>
>>18391730
How? Now im curious.
>>
get a switch
>>
>>18391726
one of them has a screen capable of emulating the feeling of reading paper and the other has a screen that is cancer.
>>
>>18391741

From what i've read, Kindle actually ''emulates'' paper on ink, so you wont get your eyes tired as much. Never owned one so may be a meme
>>
OP here. I actually got to read some books on my tablet and i gotta say it's a LOT of strain on my eyes.
>>
>>18391763
Hmm if that's true, then kindle is the way to go.

I'm kind of interested in it now, since i thought about how much strain im currently putting on my eyes. Probably explains all the migraines ive been getting since i started this online class.
>>
>>18391794
yeah I highly recommend trying one if you know any friends that have an e-reader with an E Ink display. you could also try a local library or book store and see if they have any on display.

early kindles were actually pretty shitty but they've come a long way.
>>
>>18391712
console hands down not even a contest
>>
>>18391811
could you explain ?
>>
It's apples and oranges, a very weird question. But regardless, my suggestion is to get a kindle. For some reason kindles have become a lot less popular and replaced by smartphones (and other devices), but as you rightly point out there's much less eyestrain on a kindle. It also won't run out of battery every few hours. Lack of other stuff can actually be a plus because there's less distractions and you don't have to fight yourself to stay away from clickbait and other wasting time.

This thread sounds like it might have come up literally 10 years ago, not that there's anything wrong with that.
>>
Buy a kindle
I own a kindle and its great reading on it.
I would recommend you buy a kindle with backlight since most of the kindles dont have one (that is if you plan to read during the night)
>>
>>18392577
Been pending more towards the Kindle. Cheaper and , well, don't know if going back to gaming will do much good to me.
>>
Both of these products should be a lot cheaper at this point in time than this question should be relevant - I'm going to assume you are talking about a Wii, and not a Wii U, which are two different things. But a Wii shouldn't cost you more than $100, and has a lot of different gaming experiences available to you on the cheap, through the still-functioning Virtual Console service. For a very cheap price, you can continue buying games from the internet for as much as you'd buy a book, which pass from "short diversion" to "long experience."

Books are kind of going to be the same experience always... even if they're humor, or fantasy, or what have you, it's just going to be that kindle in your hands and a long read. Plus they'll be more expensive on average.

Good luck.
>>
>>18391712
I have a kindle fire HD and I like it quite a bit. You can side load android apps on it with 1mobilemarket, which expands the app collection to videogame emulators ie for snes/n64/genesis/psp/ps1. Native xbox controller support, it's pretty tight imo
>>
How good is your pc? You could just buy the wiimote and the sensor bar and emulate on dolphin, it's in decent shape provided that you have the power to run it.

Also if you want consoles I'd wait and go for WiiU, it's probably going to get cheaper soon as the switch is out, it's backwards compatible with the Wii and there's Mario maker so if you're into this you can spend hours upon hours on one game.

But games get boring, and there's far more good books than good games, so if you're even considering both those options as valid alternatives I'd say you're better off buying a Kindle
>>
>>>/g/60777642
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.