[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tell me EXACTLY how you study

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: capture.jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
capture.jpg
34KB, 655x527px
tell me EXACTLY how you study
>>
>>18391664
You read into it and summarize what you have to know.
Then you go over it and make sure you understand everything.
Then you excercise as much as possible and finally you train everything.
>>
Flash cards, matching definitions and putting the question in a real life scenario.
>>
>>18391664

I'm philosophy student, so i read a lot of texts. What helps me best is trying to understand the underlying structure. If the text is too complicated, then i learn by making elaborate models involving basic definitions and how they relate to each other.
>>
>>18391664
>read
>practice
>analyze
>repeat
>>
>>18391664
i got blazed as fuck and read my notes an hour before the exam and then i toarch a bowl and rode my bike and showed up late to the exams and got by with a 2.99. dont reccomed and now i have no riends
>>
>>18391664
Are we talking about passing a test or legit acquisition of knowledge.
>>
>>18393274
this was uwm lubar school of buisness mostly finance and it courses.
>>
>>18391664
Depends on the topic. Like for Calculus I would read the text. Then I would summarize the main concepts to see if I get it. To fully understand the material I attempt my best to at least do a couple passes at the proofs but frankly it waSnr necessary to pass the test. I do it so I can follow the logic. I would then proceed to take notes as if I plan on giving a lecture later. I would then proceed to work examples as if I were lecturing the material. Then I work every problem despite assignment only wanting me to do like 20 out of 120 problems. I mark all the problems I have difficulty with. I would then proceed to analyze the fuck out of my errors because stupid shit like that always appears on exams. Rinse and repeat. It's tedious but it works for me.

Also no Internet. Internet literally makes studying impossible. Fuck you if your textbook is online print to pdf and go offline if you want a God damn A
>>
>>18391664

I'm not giving any advice for math, because it's not what I studied, even though I work in tech.

1. Get a study guide from the professor.
2. Use the key terms to focus on their subjects.
3. Use your textbook. A textbook is structured for you to learn the most in the intro to the chapter, and review what you SHOULD have learned in the conclusion and remarks at the end of the chapter.
4. If there are points at the end of the chapter that you are unfamiliar with, return to the chapter. In that chapter, there will be paragraphs with a clear intro, and a clear conclusion. You can scan these parts of the paragraph for the right information. Then, read the middle sentences, and conceptualize the words you read instead of memorizing them.
5. Stop stressing about studying. Get a decent night's rest, and make sure you're comfortable adapting to the issues put in front of you, and applying the knowledge. Wrote memorization will do you no good.
>>
>>18391664
1. do a big line
2. read 50-100 pages
3. repeat until done with lecture material
>>
Before even considering memorizing anything i try to break the topic down and tackle it from any angle necessary so as to truly understand the underlying principles.
I believe you don't know something if you don't truly understand it, and once you truly understand it, you don't have to remember a thing about it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.