[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having the same nightmares

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7049.png (3MB, 1739x2910px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7049.png
3MB, 1739x2910px
When I was a kid (about 10-11 years old) I watched a disturbing scene in a film. I haven't had the courage to watch this scene ever since, but I notice I occasionally dream of this scene and keep seeing that scene in different contexts if I have a bad dream occasionally. It's been about 12 years ago now since I saw that scene. I dreamt about it again last night, what should I do?
>>
Watch the movie again. Now that you're older you can put it in a different context and understand what scared you about it better and get over it.
>>
>>18391615
Or watch the behind the scenes making. But I'd recommend listening to this guy
>>
>>18391615
>>18391625
>>18391615
I really appreciate the advice, thanks!

Only problem is, I can't even look up a picture of that scene (I know, it sounds really ridiculous). Just typing in the name of that scene makes my heart rate go up.
>>
>>18391612
Dude quit watching your mom fuck all those different guys
>>
maybe smoke weed or take some benzos (u don't have to but it would help)

then just man up and watch the scene. the more we're exposed to something the less we're afraid of it... i'm a psych major and i really think that watching it maybe several times would benefit you. it sounds counter active but i used to be serverly claustrophobic on airplanes and after about 4 plane trips the fear went away and my anxiety went away
>>
>>18391822
*severely my bad
>>
>>18391612
I'm really curious about what movie this is.

And I agree with >>18391615 and >>18391625 in that you should try facing your fears.

I used to have something similar with a song. I think I was 5 or 6 years old, and my dad talked my mom into asking for some particular song on the radio, the song is basically a lot of horrible things being listed. And I'd have nightmares about that song and the things described in it, but around when I was 12 or 13 I'd occasionally start listening to it, and it would still be uncomfortable but not nightmare-inducing, and with time it stopped being scary and started being funny because it was so over-the-top.
Basically, back when I first heard it I was too young to put it in its proper context, but by going back to it I learned that this horrible thing I'd heard actually wasn't all that bad.

If you're really that scared of this scene, you could ask someone to watch it with you maybe? Like a good friend or your partner, perhaps a parent?

Also, please tell us the name of the movie? I really want to know.
>>
>>18391955
Licence to Kill

I think there's only one way to interpret this scene (nightmare fuel to me, though I can imagine songs being scary too; melodies like the X-Files theme etc.)
>>
>>18392093
>nightmares from a bond flick

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

kys cuck
>>
>>18392093
Oh, the song was way worse than that. It contained, among other things, people being stabbed through the chest, drinking acid, the black death, blood spraying everywhere, dismembering one's own mother, drooling vampires and raven-black nights.

The X-files didn't have shit on my nightmares.
>>
When I was a kid, I would often get really bad night terrors (still do occasionally), I would just think about them in great detail to desensitize myself, and that would normally help.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.