[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help with this predicament

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

I'm expected to function highly in a state of having nobody to hang out with. Sometimes people will go out to eat with me, and occasionally they'll invite me to things, but that's it. If I have a better or more intimate idea like, "Hey I can cook you dinner," or, "Let's watch a movie," people only seem to want to do that if they're horny.

I'm really fucking lonely. I became depressed with panic attacks and suicidal thoughts, so I went to the hospital. There I actually met several girls, but you can imagine how long that lasted.

I want to just go to work and training like a normal person, but it's so difficult to do in this state of loneliness. I don't think I can pull it off without some semblance of companionship. I can't afford any pets.

It's not just horniness or something. I don't know where to go to feel purpose, and every moment that I'm not completely distracted involves psychic pain from being alone.

What should I do? Should I fold my arms and say, "I don't want to live like this. I refuse to function in my role if it involves this much loneliness"? That would probably involve me going back to some treatment center. Hopefully people my age would be there.

What I really want is a good friend, but those are hard to come by.
>>
>>18391410
Do you ever reach out to them? Are you ever the guy who says "Let's all see that new movie" or whatever?

From the outside, shyness is hard to distinguish from aloofness, and if they get the impression that YOU don't like THEM, they'll respect your privacy and not impose invitations on you.
>>
>>18391422
I have been reaching out more. I'm trying to get the guys to go to a concert with me. I'll end up lonely the next day, though. Maybe I'm codependent.

Either way, it's nice to go out with people. I'll probably have a good time.
>>
OP, I'm not saying this to make you feel bad but you don't mention whether this is a recent development or current predicament, or that it's always been like this.
If it is, then you're doing something wrong. If the common element between lots of different situations of emotional coldness is you, you have to question what you are doing wrong. Sure, you might be boring or an asshole or only ever talk about yourself. But there are many other options as well. Maybe you are so desperate for human contact that you are trying to hard to bend over backwards for anyone, which causes people to find you less interesting because they never get to see the real you. Maybe they can tell on some level that you care more about interaction with anyone at all than about who they are personally. Perhaps you become stiff because you try too hard to do everything "normal". More options but you get the idea. Really reflect on how you treat others, how those same people are treated by the people they prioritize over you etc...

You can change yourself easier than you can change the world.
>>
>>18391410
Go to the gym and make that ass clap on the treadmill
>>
>>18391781
They're treated to a better time by someone who isn't poor.

I recently met a guy who makes me jealous by how cool he is, but he's an art student struggling to pay bills.

Effectively, he is "lame": not being able to make events that are free, shying away from going out because suddenly he can't afford it, and falling asleep in his chair when he does come out.

There's an example of someone doing the best they can, but it just isn't enough, because he's out of time, money, and energy.

The answer to this problem is to tough it out and work harder, but I'm making this thread because in the absence of any real company or companionship, this ship is slowly sinking.

I wouldn't go on any assumption that you seem to have formed, and I wouldn't trust my self-interpretation either. The truth is that it's hard to answer a question like this based on the information provided in a 4chan thread.

I'm just making this thread because I'm becoming desperate and, like I said, the ship is sinking.
>>
Any new acquaintance I make, things seem to go well until I reveal my thoughts and ideas. Most people are like "ehh... okaay" and weirded out.
I went to university with a goal to create a new social life, and now what? After I got disappointed with a group of friends I made there, because after some time they gravitated more and more towards each other and my "weird" ideas were laughed at or just not understood, after I asked another girl I thought we had a connection out and she first brought her friends, afterwards just said she has "no time", well I dont even fucking want to go to university now because I have to see and even greet all those people who dont want to have anything to do with me.
Fucking normies.
I just want somebody to understand me.
>>
>>18391806
>fucking normies

your ideas are probably reminiscent of /pol/ and /r9k/ and I don't blame them for being repulsed

the fact you haven't even considered that your viewpoints could be offensive or ill informed and that's why they're turned away is indicative of the problem.

I have a friend who is always spouting Nazi rhetoric, and when I try to say, "You shouldn't do that," he says, "It's a valid viewpoint and I'm allowed to have it."

He's right, it is a valid viewpoint, but his anime Nazi utopia isn't ever going to be real, and people who aren't hikikomori don't want to hear about it.
>>
>>18391805
People like people who make them laugh, who are interesting to them, who show a real interest in them in turn, who are kind, whatever. I don't doubt that there are people wagging their finger if a friend often can't make a night but this isn't universal by a long shot. Most of the time it's the other way around: if there's a strong enough connection (especially combined with having shared history as friends already) that's what makes them put in effort to see you even if nothing is ideal about it practically. I don't think it's a huge assumption that if you never manage to get close to people while obviously making effort and showing interest, there's something you could work on to enable that better. Even if only for the sake of the argument that you have most control over yourself, more than over what your friends feel or what your life circumstances happen to be at a given moment.

If self reflection is not for you, okay. But try to seek out new people, whatever it takes. Don't wait for these ones to suddenly show an interest in serious friendship with you they've already shown not to have.
>>
>>18391832
Either people are legitimately enthralled with me, women obsessed, or I'm sitting in my room wondering why the world doesn't want anything from me. Usually there is no middle ground, and I have absolutely no idea what determines which phase I am in.

I'm in the dark period now, and my frustration is mounting. I don't even have a lot I'm supposed to do. Most of my life is downtime, but I keep thinking about grabbing all of my stuff and throwing it in storage, then just roaming around homeless, and this is coming from someone who just got their shit together big time (moved from the ghetto to an ivy league town).

I like going to the gym. I like reading. I like writing. Hell, I even like meditation, which is almost a form of doing nothing.

It's just the lack of human engagement that's making me so restless and threatens to eventually hurt me in a real way.

This thread is basically a cry for help.
>>
>>18391843
The idea that some people are inferior to others, whether legitimate or not, has a history as old as the world of causing war/genocide, distrust, hatred etc.

Are you honestly surprised that people aren't comfortable to hear you talk about this way of thinking in positive/understanding terms? If you just intellectually understand both sides and aren't emotionally wrapped up in it, what's the motivation to tell people in the first place?
>>
>>18391864
>Either people are legitimately enthralled with me, women obsessed
Then how come these people don't stay around? What happens?
>>
>>18391843
right, you are very eccentric and odd in your own way. that's a lot better than being pro-Nazi waifu tier. most of them have no friends.

you can probably make some eccentric friends. maybe you have some right to use the word normie. they probably are turned off by how odd you are.

there are other odd people out there who would love to be your friend, though. I know it must be frustrating, trying to find them...maybe that's like the predicament I (OP) am in
>>
>>18391889
Those might be comments that get you odd looks but I find it really hard to believe that they turn enthusiastic people entirely away from spending time with you. It's more quirky than anything else.
>>
>>18391872
I always relate it back to me being poor, because it kind of is a problem, or maybe I don't make enough fellow poor friends.

>meet cool people with similar interests and viewpoints
>they all still live in huge houses with their parents and are treated like children
>I can't hit it off with them in the same way that they do with their peers
>we're still "friends" but they're just busy with other people who are more fortunate and relatable to them

>girl has a multi-millionaire family and wants to sort of date me
>we argue because she's classist, 19 years old, and can't contain the fact she is embarrassed of my status and apperance
>break up

>make friends with a girl who has a similar background to me
>she's a prostitute with a personality disorder
>break up

(old story)
>love of my life in high school, love birds
>have to leave my parents' abruptly
>no life plan
>relationship struggles to survive but tragically it doesn't
>I drink and vidya for two years

now I'm on a pretty normal life path. I'm just supposed to buy practical shit, go to school, and work on the side. I live in a nice place. It's very achievable, very basic.

But I'm just lonely as shit. Sorry for repeating that so many times.

and the fact that most of these examples are girls supports that dick and head is all I have to offer the world at this stage in my life
>>
>>18391897
saying you crossdress will turn a lot of people away, and that's just one instance.

but there are plenty of odd people out there who will want to be this person's friend. it's just a matter of finding them, which is very hard.
>>
>>18391926
just don't become a Nazi with a waifu or the battle will be lost

stay positive
and sip lean to get your mind right
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.