[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Public speaking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: xa.jpg (25KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
xa.jpg
25KB, 288x216px
What's up, guys.

I'm supposed to give a 30 minute speech in a few weeks in front of around 15 people, as a defence of my master's thesis. Because of my quite terrible social anxiety, people recommended I take around .5mg of Xanax.

Does anyone have any experiences with public speaking on Xanax? If I consider doing it, I don't want it to fuck me up too much so that my speech will suck.
>>
>>18391091
Try 0.25 first if you've never tried Xanax but yeah it'll work
>>
>>18391091
Part of education is to learn how to deal with anxiety and how to "sell yourself" so you will be able to do something in your life. Higher education is useless if you are super meak super shy and cant even persuade your boss that the choice he made is awful and wont lead anywhere.

Find your balls in the freezer and man up. Or die like a little bitch you are.
>how are you planning to gaining partner if you cant even talk to few people on stage?
>>
>>18391091
Practice your speech like mad in front of a mirror and imagine yourself in front of an audience
>>
>>18391091
Usually everyone I know ends up in jail taking bars but that's after a couple. Not sure how it works for speech preparedness. Try focalin
>>
>>18391091
Ignore the fact that there are 15 people there. Talk to one at a time, looking up from your script or notes to make eye contact with that one person during the first minute, and then moving on to the next for a minute.

That way they will get the impression you're playing to the whole room and you will have the less anxious experience of just one person at a time.
>>
Try it before then. you don't want to be distracted by new sensations (good or bad) while you're trying to focus.
>>
>>18391091
my mom suffers from anxiety. now she teaches 7th grade children. they are evil. she used xanax for her first two months teaching until she was confident enough to do without.
>>
>>18391091
How about you try doing it like everyone else

>practice speech
>record it
>watch it
>repeat until satisfied

On a serious note, I tried giving a presentation on benzos before, I wasn't less nervous but felt really slow, which didn't make anything better
>>
>>18391271
Do either ^this^ or don't look at anyone, but look NEAR.
You just need to PRETEND you're looking at someone, but you actually are not.
Trust me, this will help.
>>
>>18391091
DON'T TAKE MORE THAN YOU NEED.

YOU WILL START SLURRING LIKE A DRUNK IDIOT.
>>
>>18391263
All my friends are addicted to xanax, they get into trouble but never jail. I got into trouble one time on xanax, and it was 4 bars (taken WAAAY more in the past and never got in trouble), ended up fighting 3 cops, getting stabbed in the arm with thorazine and thrown in a psych ward.
Taking even a whole bar OP won't have any problems. Would not recommend a whole bar for anyone who doesn't have a high tolerance though. I have always had a high tolerance, first time I took xans I took 5.5 mg.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.