[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I being unfair to my roommate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1484270316520.png (1MB, 900x1174px) Image search: [Google]
1484270316520.png
1MB, 900x1174px
Tonight my roommate said I never give him a chance to fix issues.

About a week ago, rent was late, AGAIN, and I yelled at him. I told him that rent needs to be on time every month, without me asking multiple times. And that he needs to contribute to the house - trash, dishes, cleaning, etc.

So three days ago (Saturday), he knocks on my door. Asks if I have any dishes I need washed because he's going to do them "tonight." Of course, they sat there, while he played Overwatch, and tonight, in frustration, I did them.

He came down all sad and frustrated and said that I never give him a chance to succeed and that he was "just about to come downstairs and do them."

Should I have just let it sit and wait, more and more and more? I'm already working on kicking him out but trying to give him some chances.
>>
>>18390157
No, he's just kind of a whiny bitch and doesn't know how responsibility works/is a man child.

"Stop being an entitled bitch. It's not up to me to baby you and GIVE you chances. You need to take the initiative and EARN them like an adult.

If you really want to fix shit, instead of crying about me not giving the chance to, prove it through your actions and just fucking do it. I'm not your mommy, here to hold your hand."
>>
>>18390157
you could try telling him specific dates it has to be done by. I mean dishes sitting for two days is nothing.
>>
>>18390157
your roommate needs to grow the fuck up

you badgering him about it won't fix the problem
people don't change quickly

get a new roommate
>>
>>18390262
it isnt OP's job to manage his roommates life
>>
>>18390314
no but if OP wants the dishes done on time he has to. this isn't about what's right or wrong it's about getting the desired results.
>>
>>18390262

The dishes had been sitting for a while... in fact, when I yelled at him, they weren't one of the things I had been mad about. The sink had some cups in it, nothing that needed to be tended to in any quick way.

He was trying to show some initiative, but really just ended up digging himself a deeper hole.

That was kind of what I was yelling at him about in the first place though - I don't want to set dates, I don't want to have to ask again and again, I just occasionally want to come home and see that he's done something on his own without being pressed for it.
>>
>>18390320
I think you should have waited til the next day to do the washing .good luck teaching him to be human
>>
>>18390317
no
he needs to get a new roommate and not be this ones bitch
>>
>>18390320
Throw all of the dishes in his bed when he doesn't do them
>>
>>18390335
>2017
>thinking you can just "get" a new roommate.
>>
>>18390342

yeah

you move
give notice, find a new place

if you can't handle that, you're a fucking retard and you deserve your retard roommates
>>
>>18390330

After three days? Really? When he showed no signs of doing it, and was playing video games? It's not like he has a job or anything else he's doing.

>>18390335
>>18390342

He'll be getting kicked out soon. When I yelled at him earlier, it was about how if he didn't start doing some of this stuff, I was raising rent.

It's my place, I can do what I want.
>>
>>18390370
>He'll be getting kicked out soon. When I yelled at him earlier, it was about how if he didn't start doing some of this stuff, I was raising rent.

I'd be extremely careful of this just in case he ends up being classed as "disabled" by the government due to mental illness. In some countries and states he could destroy your finance or your reputation unless you cover your ass and document the behavior.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.