[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trust/Intimacy issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1463249304177.jpg (41KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
1463249304177.jpg
41KB, 400x323px
How can I learn to be more trusting of people and let them into my life, with dating in particular? Any books or strategies for getting over issues like this?

I am becoming very isolated because I am so scared of letting people into my life that I have halfway convinced myself that I'm just a loner type and do better by myself, which I know is not true because I am starving for human contact. But for some reason I have a block where I am just petrified to make a move and ask someone out. I know rationally that it's not a big deal and that like the absolute worst thing that could happen is mocking rejection, but I think what really keeps me from going for it is that they'll say yes and then I have to build a relationship which leaves me incredibly vulnerable.

I'm a guy btw
>>
>>18389638
stop being a pussy
don't date whores or superficial people / date nice and honest girls
acknowledge red flags when you see them

nothing risked nothing gained
>>
Say fuck it and just get used to being alone. It's really not that bad if you stop being a bitch about it.

You'll be dead eventually, anyway.
>>
Listen to The Wall a few times
>>
Well, this was about as helpful as I thought it would be
>>
well you already know your problem is because you'll have to make yourself vulnerable. so it becomes a trust thing, you need to learn to trust that people aren't going to hurt you. it helps if you get down a system of dealing with that stuff when it does happen so you don't have that fear of "well if that happens I know it's going to be like a year before I get over it". bring down the stakes. if the risk of being vulnerable is being a blithering mess for years you'll never do it. you need to get control of yourself and handle that so that you're more comfortable with what you're risking. then, make sure you put that trust in trustworthy people.
>>
>>18389770
>if you get down a system of dealing with that stuff when it does happen

What kind of system? Like what does a more normal person go through when things don't work out?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.