[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting tired of mainstream racism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4

File: angry_wojak.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
angry_wojak.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
Okay first off I'm not a /pol/tard by any means, and I have always been liberal/progressive.

So almost everyday someone I'm friends with on Facebook posts or shares something racist towards whites.
Usually its sort of hidden, like they will show richard spencer and say, "this is the white perspective".
Other times its blatant anti-white racism.

When I comment telling them "thats actually racist" or "Is it okay to generalize and degrade whites?" I get called a goddamn racist or a white supremacist.
I wouldn't be mad if this were just a select few but I get fucking dogpiled whenever I point out casual racism toward white people.

I am almost at the conclusion that richard spencer is actually right. I have been watching his videos (since my friends share them to show how "evil" he is) and I kinda resonate with him. Where have I gone wrong? Has /pol/ actually been right all along?
>>
>>18389511
Perfect example of modern reactionary politics and how the left is fucking EVERYTHING UP. Unfriend then desu and keep standing up against racism.
>>
>>18389511

Get racist back, explicitly at the people who've systematically encouraged this within the media, the education system and the law.

It's time to name to Jews.

Watch how the biggest proponents of identity politics recoil when their own identity is ever mentioned.

Take Jews down a peg, stop people listening to them, that is how we take back our culture,
>>
>>18389518
this
>>18389528
not this
>>
>>18389511
Everyone (including women) is basically riding on the White man's back at the moment and mocking us, but we are already on the path of changes with Brexit and Trump being the beginning. So keep your head up, OP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn4mVDtqi7g
>>
>>18389518
I'd have unfriend like everyone. I don't get it. Even my white friends say "it's impossible to be racist against whites" and shit like that.
>>
>>18389574
Then do it. Trim the fat. Cut out the cancer

You deserve better op
>>
>>18389511
Yes.... extremism is bad

your friends are fuckin retarded. "You can't be racist against whites" is a fundamentally racist comment.
>>
Welcome to the age of tumblr and the reason Trump is president.
>>
>Getting tired of mainstream racism
Oh I'm sorry OP-
>racist towards whites.
wut
OK I don't live in the US so it's not like I have experience on this. But how is that a thing? Can you give examples? I'm legitimately curious.
>>
Racist is just like any hatred. It's like a fire that consumes everyone that involved. You cannot fight racism with more hatred. Only mercy and compassion can. And those people that judge person by their color skin is actually hollow inside.
>>
>>18389786
yee
>>
>>18389842
yeeeeeeeee

Jordan is that you?
>>
>>18389786
Thats the thing. Richard spencer types aren't "racist" because they don't think any other race is lesser to theirs. They think that multi-culturalism doesn't work and that every race functions best around people of the same race. It's only the left that is making out whites to be the "oppressors" and judging whites by their skin color.
>>
File: 1432239817409.gif (930KB, 400x180px) Image search: [Google]
1432239817409.gif
930KB, 400x180px
>>18389511

Its called white fragility. Before you get upset, read on.

White fragility is a term that refers to a mental state in which even a minimum amount of racial stress becomes intolerable, triggering a range of defensive actions and biological responses. It is a well-documented psychological phenomenon.

Part of why white fragility occurs is because we are taught that racism is an issue solely of moral and immoral people rather than an issue deeply embedded in our nation's systems and institutions. We often misunderstand racism as consisting only of easily identifiable singular acts such as racial slurs, hate crimes, etc. This means that people believe if they are a good person with good morals, they are incapable of being racist. So, when white people are called out for saying or doing something racially insensitive, they believe they are being called an immoral, bad person. This explains much of the defensiveness.

Saying and doing racist things by mistake does not automatically make you a bad person. Everyone will make these mistakes at some point. Instead of seeing getting called out as a personal attack, maybe to try to see it as an opportunity to learn and grow.

Minorities are frustrated. They have been for hundreds of years. Instead of getting angry and defensive, try to look at it from their perspective. From their perspective, the only time you are willing to talk about race is when you're feeling attacked, not when constructive dialogue is actually necessary. The white majority remains silent a lot when their voices and support are needed to help struggling minority communities yet as soon as someone says "racist" then suddenly you want to talk about racism. Its frustrating, anon.

If you're smart, you'll learn to discern rhetoric from actual cries for help. Don't be another screaming voice in the endless stream of politicized bullshit. Stop making this about you and your feelings and listen to some perspectives that aren't your own.
>>
>>18389953
Racists like this guy are making me think Richard Spencer is right.

If that was an actual psychological phenomenon it wouldn't be called "white fragility". Your precious "white fragility" is an excuse for everyone to keep being racist towards whites. Get your head out of your ass.
>>
File: 1492035440606.jpg (65KB, 720x699px) Image search: [Google]
1492035440606.jpg
65KB, 720x699px
>>18389918

This is a quote from an essay Richard Spencer wrote.

"Instead of asking how we can make reparations for slavery, colonialism, and Apartheid, or how we can equalize academic scores and incomes, we should instead be asking questions like 'Does human civilization actually need the black race?' 'Is Black genocide right?' and if it is, 'What would be the best and easiest way to dispose of them?'"

If you're going to take a position about someone as polarizing as Richard Spencer at least know what the fuck you're talking about before you say stupid shit like "he doesn't think any race is lesser to his".

It took me like 45 seconds on Google to find at least a dozen quotes and interviews from him where he explicitly states that he does think exactly that, unless you somehow think that pondering the effectiveness and viability of murdering millions of black people doesn't qualify as white supremacy.
>>
>>18389777
>my college has a no-whites-allowed safe space for people of color.
>colleges host no-whites-allowed days and riot if I white person dare show up
>stereotyping all whites as being racist (ironic enough).
>white privilege
>Netflix made a show called "dear white people".
>Friends of mine always post things along the lines of "white people this your fault" (un-ironically)
>>
>>18389953
Copy + C, Copy + V, sociology book.

White Fragility is a buzzword used to dismiss opinions that do not originate from the above mentioned method of having a perspective. Such words basically turn discussion into an exercise in "finding the correct answer"

For instance, a black person who expresses a need for black culture to change. Oh he has been diagnosed with "INTERNALIZED RACISM" no further discussion from him is needed.

It's a good way to get laid in college and the worst possible way to actually foster discussion as these terms basically seek to create a "in-group" vocabulary system, similar to how cults reinforce a specific modes of thought while enforcing resistance to outside ideas. Essentially, you use these words to reinforce a core set of "Gospel truths". This leaves discussion in a vacuum state were discussion cannot actually move forward until everyone plays by the cults rules of discussion.

That's just my two cents from going to a very liberal school for 4 years where social justice was a huge presence that managed to consistently alienate people anc constantly shit in it's own mouth while not actually going out and doing things that actually change things. They'll present you with buzzwords all day, but if you ask them to help clean up the park or something, they'll be at StarBucks.
>>
>>18389968
https://twitter.com/richardbspencer/status/823311818328313856?lang=en

False. Spencer did not write that. Took me like 30 seconds to find out that was a false attribution.
>>
>>18389976
I see. I disagree with some of them being racism, but I can see how it could get annoying.
>>
>>18389963

>Racists like this guy are making me think Richard Spencer is right.

Unfortunate.

>If that was an actual psychological phenomenon it wouldn't be called "white fragility"

Wonderful logic. "IF IT WERE REAL IT WOULD HAVE A DIFFERENCE NAME"

>Your precious "white fragility" is an excuse for everyone to keep being racist towards whites.

This is a perfect example of the defensiveness I was talking about. You would rather get angry and make yourself the victim then actually pause and participate in some introspection concerning your opinions and viewpoints; as if somehow acknowledging and taking steps to curb learned racist behaviors makes you a bad person.

Like I said, we all make these kinds of mistakes; we all speak out of turn and say insensitive or ignorant things but it isn't the act of saying those things or thinking those things that makes us bad people. As humans we spend our entire lives learning from our mistakes; analyzing our behaviors and patterns and trying to do better.

I'm curious as to why so many defense people such as yourselves think that racial knowledge and relations is something you are doing perfectly and never make any mistakes at. I'm constantly questioning the things I say and think, trying to look at things from all perspectives and outlooks but you would rather just scream "racist" and refuse to investigate any deeper. Your response is a 100% embodiment of what I was talking about. In your attempt to rebuke me you just lent validity to my hypothesis. I said absolutely nothing insulting about you or white people in general and how did you interpret it? You interpreted it as a personal attack, just like I said.

I'm very sorry for you that anger is the only response you can offer in return. It takes a lot of intelligence and humility to admit that some things you believe may be wrong and unfortunately, until people like you are willing to be open to the possibility the conversation about race will be at a stand still.
>>
>>18389976
That safespace is an inherently racist concept
>>
>>18389997
>Like I said, we all make these kinds of mistakes; we all speak out of turn and say insensitive or ignorant things but it isn't the act of saying those things or thinking those things that makes us bad people.

So racism is okay?
>>
>>18389511

Well, think of it like this, actual minorities who still live experiencing racism everyday are 100 times more tired of it than you are. While people are being attacked, kicked out of their houses, beaten and killed by police and imprisoned and enslaved by the for-profit justice system you're over complaining because you occasionally get annoyed on Facebook.

You gotta put your shit in perspective, son.

The lack of progress you're experiencing in defending the rights of white people to feel forever comfortable and unaffected by racism is because no one gives a shit. So long as real life people are still actually being hurt and killed by racism your whining about being called a racist on the internet means absolutely nothing to anybody. Minority communities have been and continue to be beaten, killed and bullied thanks to racism. Your feelings are very low on the list of priorities.
>>
>>18390019
what about the white genocide thats going on in south africa?
>>
>Using normiebook
But sounds like you've got some terrible friends if their response to you pointing out inconsistencies is to write you off.

Alternatively, they might just be trying to be playful and you might be too sensitive. But I have no context to go off of so I leave such judgements up to you.
>>
>>18389511
>I'm not a /pol/tard by any means
Sounds like a bullshit and a bait thread.

>>18389953
/thread

>>18390008
Racism as discussed by people and social media usually means systematic and institutional one (not the whole thing about simply discriminating based on colour), so unless it happens in a third world country, it can't be against whites due us having the power. Besides most of the comments are just tongue in cheek reactions from the victims. Basically like people saying "Fucking Romans" after their country got invaded and annexed into the empire, or as a modern example, how people in the Soviet Union made fun about the administration.
>>
>>18390026
Not him but isn't it mostly class motivated? You wouldn't call the French revolution white genocide if the plebs were a shade too dark either, would you?
>>
>>18389511
They get away with it because the left treats minorities like children telling them there is a boogeyman (ie institutionalized racism) that is always out to get them. All the while they ride on the back of their "evil oppressors."

These things are just going to be exploited even more because politicians like Hillary and Sanders can only really on emotional based voters.
>>
>>18390084
>t. drumpfkin
fuck off back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>18390089
Institutionalized racism isn't real

Now back to tumblr
>>
>>18390105
You aren't wrong. But there's been multiple laws in the U.S that have discriminated against blacks which have only been recently in the last 40 years been removed. Sure, blacks are equal today mostly but they've been held down for the majority of U.S history
>>
>>18390105
Yeah, climate change doesn't exist either and the earth is flat. Now fuck off back to your quarantine hole.
>>
>>18390110
That doesn't give justification for their poor actions.
>>
>>18390110
Being equal legally doesn't help much either way when there are people in position of power that decide about it in practical sense, say by hiring them or making voter laws.
>>
>>18390112
You're just full of projection tonight aren't you
>>
>>18390125
>using words without knowing what they mean
Come on, that's pathetic even for a /pol/ak.
>>
What heroes can I counter Azmodan with?

Seems like on many maps you can win all the objectives, but then you look up and his global minions have dropped as many, or more forts that the objective netted you.

But you can't go stop his minions, because then you lose the obj...
>>
>>18390039
>it can't be against whites due us having the power
So if i were to go to Africa and start a genocidal rampage with the end goal of killing all the niggers it isn't racist because in africa blacks have all the power?
>>
>>18390019
>Minority communities have been and continue to be beaten, killed and bullied thanks to racism.

Where? Point to the part of the US where minorities are beaten and killed. I'll wait.

And if that does happen somewhere in the world, how does that justify being racist towards white people?
>>
>>18390236
>would the behavior of one crazy individual count as a systematic action
Obviously not, although depending on the systematic indoctrination, there is some wiggle room if you grew up in an environment that supports the thinking. So to fully stay on the non-systematic-racism side, you'd need to be born there too or at least in an non racist surroundings.

Also neither would it count as genocide unless you could kill "a significant" amount of negros and generally over a longer period. Otherwise it'd be just a mass-murder rampage targeting niggers.
>>
>>18389953
Minorities being frustrated might explain some racism, not excuse or deny it, thought. It is extenuating circumstance at best.

Not saying that racism is right for any sides, thought. It is a no-no situation.

Also, inter-minority racism do exist (even if it has nothing to do with the OP).
>>
>>18390042
indeed , when I think of people I hate it's poor ghetto trash gangsters .wheras most neegrows don't fit that profile.
for me as long as I stay out of certain parts of town I'm good
>>
>>18389511
/pol/ack here. Hide your power level. These people have been ideologically indoctrinated. In their view it's not just that you're wrong, but that your opinion is a manifestation of a pathology (see:>>18389953).

Left or right, at the end of the day, before nation, before people, watch out for your family and yourself. Protect them and yourself by remaining anonymous: one of the greatest and hardest things to achieve. If nobody knows what you think, nobody can touch you.
>>
Don't let yourself be indoctrinated by either side.
Also, Spencer is a rich kid who doesn't give a fuck about you. His family literally owns a plantation.
The divide between rich and poor is bigger than the divide between black and white.
If you're white, most black people will accept you for who you are and vice versa.
Rich people won't. I speak from experience.
>>
>>18389995
jesus christ.

>>18389511
yes OP /pol/ has always been right. come on home friend.
>>
>>18389976
Idk about the show but Dear White People the movie was very reasonable and not at all racist
>>
>>18389968
Women everyone. Literally impossible for them to distinguish between real news and fake news.
>>
>>18390115
Yeah, you're so right. Obama was definitely in favour of oppressing blacks. Glad you sorted that out. You're delusional, blacks are not oppressed in this day and age. In face if anything, they're actually discriminated for. They get jobs they're under qualified for because my reparations.
>>
>>18390655
Ok cool. So you have no problem with me making a show called Dear Black people? I was thinking of asking questions like: why do you love KFC so much? And why do you kill a disproportionate amount of people compared to other races? And why is your birth out of wedlock so high?

>inb4 racist.
How is it racist if it's true?

>inb4 they're oppressed and not responsible for their actions.
No, fuck off.
>>
>>18390672
Why would I care.
>>
>>18390666
>WE HAD A BLACK PRESIDENT RACISM IS OVER
>>18390672
You should probably at least read over the Wikipedia article before you choose that hill to die on, kiddo.
>>
>>18390677
Because of your fragile liberal ego that is directed by the double standards you hold for white and colored people, oops my had, colored people is racist. I meant people of color desu desu.

>>18390679
I didn't say racism was over you absolute fucking retard, I said your black president clearly supported racism against blacks. What is reading comprehension?

Using kiddo as an insult, that's cute. Because in reality most children probably could beat you in the logic department.
>>
>>18390687
I'd believe you're a white conservative retard too if it weren't for the fact you act so ghetto :S
>>
>>18390682
I'm a white conservative,,,,,,,, retard. The movie criticizes blacks too. Stop being so sensitive.
>>
>>18390692
And yet the movie is specifically addressed to white people. I supposed we're supposed to take responsibility not only for our problems but also the blacks as well. Can't forget that blacks have no agency of their own and are not responsible for any of their actions. Their great-great-great grandad was on a plantation after all.
>>
>>18390696
That's literally a point the movie makes
>>
>>18390696
Like the other guy, I'm white and conservative.
The title is getting exactly the reaction it was meant to. It's half mocking. Welcome to marketing 101.
You are a retard and shouldn't breed.
>>
>>18390689
> :S
You're on the wrong website, underage.
>>
>>18390696
>getting triggered by marketing
Tell me again how alt-right cucks aren't just inverse SJWs. Do you get triggered by movie posters too? Transformers had "Their war. Our world." Sounds pretty scary. Also holy shit, the name. The Jews clearly want to brainwash our children into becoming trannies. Is Beauty and the Beast supposed to address all men too, or only the ugly ones?
>>
>your racist
>nuh uh ur racis
>u rasist more!
Political discussion of the last ten years.
>>
>>18390699
>>18390718
It's not just that movie, there is a whole culture around telling white people how to act because anything they do could be a micro-aggression in the eyes of a POC. Netflix's show is the big mainstream representation of that culture that we point at to demonstrate a point.
>>
>>18389968
You make me sick uneducated leftist fake news gobbling moron
>>
>>18390242
Lol hes implying there is more white on black crime then vice versa. Blacks are SLAUGHTERING whites statistically speaking
>>
>>18389511
Congratulations your on the path to the right
>>
>>18389511
maybe you should see this as a wakeup call to how fucked up the left is
>>
>>18391545
>we use something that doesn't illustrate this point to illustrate this point
>>
>>18389511
I couldn't care less personally. One thing I learnt early is to have a reason for your views and be able to back them up, and most importantly just stick to your guns, even if you don't think you're right then and there.

Take time to reflect and alter your opinion after, not during an attack on your views.

Being able to justify your political beliefs keeps others from constantly challenging them!
>>
>>18391793
It does illustrate the point. The show aims to tell white people how to act.
>>
>>18391921
>I have never watched the show, let me comment on how problematic and triggering it is
>>
>>18391988
How does a show called "dear white people" with the lead actor being a black women who hosts a radio show and tells white people how to act and stop micro-aggressions not representative of the culture I'm describing?
>>
File: Meme.jpg (63KB, 500x627px) Image search: [Google]
Meme.jpg
63KB, 500x627px
I was the same to, /pol/ is right, no matter how fucked up they are they have the idea
>>
>still has a faceberg

You're part of the problem. Stop breathing life into cesspools. You might as well watch CNN and shop at walmart.

Just quietly delete your facebook. Even if you didn't have retards on your friends list, the benefits are immense. I deleted mine about 4 years ago, my head is so much clearer now.
>>
Another guy not from the US.
Not understanding this racism issue. Is it really that hard to understand that people have their opinions regardless of skin color?
Also, I'm kinda gettin this vibe, you know, that, basically, the sense of national, or, I guess, racial self-belonging of people of color, as you call them, gets built up, but the same thing for whites gets shut down. I might be wrong, though.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.