[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long do you usually wait after a break up before trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 1495307893667.gif (859KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495307893667.gif
859KB, 480x360px
How long do you usually wait after a break up before trying to find a new girl?
>>
>Trying to find a new girl?
Why are you doing this OP? Are you a desperate NEET?
>>
>>18388182
I was just curious. I'm not planning on actively looking for a girl right now
>>
>>18388206
You don't "find a girl" you're looking to date. You find a girl if you're just looking for a quick fuck and duck.
>>
>>18388181
Depends entirely on the break up. I don't date if I'm still getting over an ex. I just don't think that's fair to anyone, so in the cases of my bad break ups it been months to a year.

But if the break up is amicable/mutual and there's no hard feelings or the relationship was a nightmare and I just feel like "good riddance," I'm back on the market immediately.

PRO-TIP: If you know you're wanting out of the relationship, it is not a bad idea to start laying the groundwork for your next girl even before the break up. It makes the emotional transition considerably easier. I had qualms about this for years, but after having had it done to me enough times, I have no fucks to give anymore and it honestly helps a ton.
>>
I've been going on 6 months with next to no interest in finding a partner.

I've had a lot to work on for myself before I could handle that burden anyway.

I get to do whatever I want, whenever I want, and I'm just enjoying the freedom that life has granted me after spending three years with an overly jealous GF that was cheating on me the whole time despite that.
>>
>>18388181
10 minutes
>>
I'm gonna come straight out and estimate three months, since that seems to be my limit for how long I've gone without sex and not felt really weird about it
>>
>jumping from relationship to relationship

What about yourself Anon?

Live a life where you don't need a girl to make you happy.
>>
>>18388181
You should reach a point where if you fall out with one bitch, you have another one waiting.
>>
>>18388232
This is gospel
>>
From a couple minutes prior to a couple months after the breakup. It varies too much. Depends on cunt.
>>
>>18388232
Not OP, but how do I do this? I've heard meditation helps, which I've started doing regularly
>>
>>18388232
>Live a life where you don't need a girl to make you happy.

Is this the start of some hot new meme?
>>
>>18388263
Yeah it's called being a grown man
>>
>>18388277
Most grown men can admit that they want the presence of a partner/woman in their life, even if they have been successful in self-actualizing.

It's fine if you're they type who is totally content on your own, but let's not act like there's something wrong with people who find that there's something lacking in their lives without someone to share it with. This whole "If you're doing it right, you won't need a woman" thing is short-sighted.
>>
File: nobodyasksthequestion.jpg (401KB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
nobodyasksthequestion.jpg
401KB, 1280x851px
>>18388181
It's been 5 years and I'm still not interested. I lost the perfect woman. Why should I bother?
>>
>>18388290
The point is that it's better to choose to be in a relationship, than needing it to be content.

I'm good, senpai. Open relationship suits me just fine
>>
>>18388348
I understand. I do. I'm just saying that I know any number of people who have very successful careers and have led lives full of adventure that, in many ways, rightly prioritized pursuing their own fulfillment who now devote a lot of time in their later years trying to find and develop the kind of relationship their peers started building 20-30 years ago. They chose their careers or their passions over relationships, which is totally fine. They just almost universally harbor some amount of regret now that they're older and alone and no longer have they ability nor the desire to casually attract companionship as the need arises that they did in their youth.

Just saying. We pretty much all come around to wanting something more fulfilling in our attachments to other people sooner or later.
>>
>>18388232
this basically.

in answer to OP, I don't start looking for a new girl, I start doing things I want that are going to improve my life.

>>18388290
yeah there's a difference between needing a woman to be happy, and preferring the presence of a woman in your life because it's literally the point of life, to create new life, and because having a woman around is awesome. or can be awesome, its not awesome all the time, though the only gf I've lived with was a terrible person so maybe it's supposed to be awesome almost all the time idk.
>>
>>18388348
>Open relationship suits me just fine
fucking degenerate.
>>
>>18388378
Here's your (You)

>>18388370
I don't see any reason to assume that not letting the search for a singular female equals being alone as one gets older.

I spent my 20s exclusive to two different girls (5+4 years,) and felt lonely and deprived of passion and lust for most of those years. At the age of 33 I can't remember the last time I felt lonely. I'm into six months of dating a 24yo, who just recently became LDR, and I don't intend on waiting on her. I fucked a even younger woman last night, and got a handfull more women waiting for me to date them. If anything, the female attention I'm having at the moment gets in the way of me getting much done, and it's not as shallow as most anons probably want to make it. The one that recently went away is most likely wife material, but I'm not in a hurry to find out. Perhaps in a couple of years.
>>
Years. I don't really date.
>>
>>18388507
Are you just content with yourself?
>>
IDEAL BREAKUP GUIDE
Spend 2-6 weeks dealing with your emotions about her and, if you're me, developing minor alcohol dependence.

Then have a random hookup. No strings attached, hopefully a very cut and dry one night stand.

Then think about the direction your life is going and change something. Not necessarily something that you think directly led to the failure of the relationship, but anything you think could make you more mature, well-adjusted, and successful.

From there, another girl will come when you're ready for her if you've improved your life tangibly.
>>
>>18388741
What if I'm shit at picking up women?
>>
>>18388891
Start lifting and get stronk. Soon you will be able to pick up even the heavest of women.
>>
>>18388181
I usually like to give it an hour or so. Apparently the time I hit on a waitress immediately after made me "a terrible human being." Whatever that means.
>>
>>18389003
I bet you fall for the high test meme
>>
>>18389450
I'm sure that has never happened since I do not even know what "high test meme" is. So haha!
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.