[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LDR, do I confess? help!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Wah /adv/ I'm in a pickle. I met a great guy who is cute and smart and just my type. But the problem is that i met him online: he lives in another country, you see. Really far away from my country. So anyway we sometimes message each other and chat and it's all nice but I have a really heavy crush on him but I'm being realistic and I know that
a) he may be not interested in me like that and
b) ldrs never work and since I can't move to his country and he can't move to mine starting anything would be pointless

So! I don't want to keep being friends and just lusting after him quietly cause it seems dishonest towards him and our friendship. Now here comes the big question: do I tell him I like him and find him cute ect or do I just let go and kinda stop talking with him???

If you were this guy which option would you prefer? Please help me adv!
>>
please help! ;_;
>>
>>18388120
In one right noe for 5 years and its going downhill, not sure what's happening anymore, do yourself a favor and don't try it unless you plan on living in his country or he plans on living on yours
>>
just let go. ldr's don't work, and you'll be keeping both of you from finding relationships with people who are actually available. in my experience, it's not going to work out in the end, and you'll both just be hurt.
>>
Just stop talking to him. Explain to him that since neither of you can leave your respective countries, this relationship is doomed. Then get the fuck out of your house and find the exact same guy living in your country and wonder why the fish in the ocean expression is so fucking popular.
>>
>>18388120
Do you or this guy have enough financial capital to visit each other, and for one of you to eventually migrate? If no, or if one of you do not have a skilled profession then these:
>>18389195
>>18389203
>>
>>18388120
I've just stopped talking to a lot of the people I used to have feelings for.
I guess it works, but there will always be a dull pain in your heart whenever you're reminded of him.
>>
Tell him you have a crush on him if and only if you fully admit to yourself that it will amount to nothing serious/longterm. That way, you can have fun with him via text or whatever for a couple of months until it goes stale, then you'll slowly drift apart.

No sense in overthinking it, just be honest with yourself and don't idealize it as more than it is.
>>
>>18388120
Let's fantasize for a minute here.
Let's say you confess. Let's say he reciprocates! ......Now what?
What would a long distance relationship ideally look like to you? You can't kiss. You can't move in together. You can't go on dates.
What would you want to do? Mutual masturbation over a skype call? Good morning/good night texts? Him to say nice things to you?

Something else to consider: people are different over the internet than they are in real life. My ex I met online, and I ended up not liking him as much without our online dynamic. My current boyfriend I met in real life and we previously were semi long distant (4 hour difference, seeing each other weekends). He is pretty distant through text. It's completely different when we're right next to each other.
>>
>>18389625
I'm the post above yours. Is there a problem with just having fun with an online relationship for what it is though? Sometimes that unknown and online dynamic can be a lot of fun, even if it is just fantasy. I'm not saying she should put all her coins in that purse, but why not have fun with it for a few months?

As a guy who isn't much of a prize IRL but find myself to be a relatively compelling conversationalist in text, I've had way more fun with brief romantic online flings than I have had with anything in person. Maybe not the healthiest thing to do, but I've definitely enjoyed it.
>>
>>18388120
if I were that guy? I'd prefer you tell me cause I'm moving anyways and I get supremely cheap travel so if i can move closer, like 30 minute flight closer, then ldr becomes realistic. also, different country is only an issue if its like, a reallllly far away country imo.

you gotta have a plan though. ldr for more than a year isn't going to work even with flying in like every weekend or every other weekend.
>>
>>18389654
It's fairly obvious that I can't get what I want out of a relationship through long distance. What I'm hoping to get OP to consider is what she wants out of a relationship and if she can get it through long distance, and exactly how much it differs from her current dynamic with her friend.
I think it's awesome that it's worked out for you. I think everyone deserves to have some fun and do something that compels them. I've definitely had fun flirting with people online. I even attempted to pursue long term relationships. I did some soul searching in that time and came to terms with what I wanted.
I enjoyed my time online. It was easier to stay level headed when my knee jerk reactions weren't witnessed. I didn't have to expose any more vulnerability than I decided to show. That's so much harder in person, since a twitch of the face can give you away. I liked not having to worry about that online.

After re-reading OP, I just now saw that she said she doesn't want to keep being friends. I misread that as that she did want to keep as friends. So I was keeping more conservative.

She doesn't want to keep her current dynamic at all. So I guess she doesn't lose anything by trying.

I change my stance. Go for it.
>>
Don't tell him but try to meet up irl in some point, if you manage to keep contact for that long confess your feelings.
>>
>>18389625
>Now what?

Nothing! I just want to get it off my chest and if he likes me back it means satisfaction and warm fuzzy feelings ^^
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.