/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scoliosis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

>be me
>18 year old male
>over a year ago my upper back started getting regularly stiff
>I think its just my posture at school or how I sleep
>now I have constant pain and discomfort between my shoulder blades and neck
>even my shoulder joints start to ache
>I regularly pester my siblings for massages
>yesterday my sister was massaging my back when she exclaimed that my spine is curved
>shes a nurse so I'm inclined to believe her
>I went to the Doctors today
>he feels my back and confirms I have mild scoliosis and is gonna send me to get an X-ray

Has anyone out there had/got scoliosis?
How severe was it, has it been fixed or do you still have it?

I'm worried that this is gonna be a life problem because I'm 18 and near the end of my bodily development. I'm an active person and I'm scared that my lifestyle is gonna have to be dropped because of it.
Thoughts?
>>
File: 2017-06-04 17.04.03.png (199KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-04 17.04.03.png
199KB, 480x800px
>>18388019
It effectively looks like this
>>
File: smile-mondo-pv.jpg (33KB, 670x352px) Image search: [Google]
smile-mondo-pv.jpg
33KB, 670x352px
What activities have you been doing to get to this point
>>
>>18388040
I study science subjects at school, so for much of my time I'm sitting on stools designed for 14 year olds. My posturr isn't great in those classes but I make a point of trying to sit up.
I like to do climbing from time to time so as a training thing, I do pull ups most days, maybe I'm doing it erong in sone way.

All in I don't know desu
>>
I had a surgery, and now I feel way more better. I was at anything like 67° now I'm at 16° or 17°.
Before, everytime I had to sit down or to lie down in my bed was painful, now I can to sit without having any pain and can to sleep on my back.
My low part of the back isn't blocked, so I still can to bend (only the lower part, the middle and upper are blocked) but I don't abuse with that.
If you need a surgery, you'll just have to forget about sport for 1 year, and can't to exerce anymore sports like boxe,rugby,etc..
I can to promise you that isn't terrible
>>
>>18388056
practise swimming, it's the best for your back
>>
Get a back brace, go for long walks, and try to exercise your shoulders with a dumbbell.
>>
It's normal. Scoliosis tends to appear towards the end of development, it runs in my family so I have several accounts including my own. The bad news is that scoliosis never really goes away. That doesn't mean you have to live with back pain forever though, the vast majority of diagnosed people only have mild cases and those can be easy to deal with as long as you take care of your back.

My first piece of advice would be get that X-ray and get a proper diagnose from a traumatologist. If you are currently experiencing pain, it's likely that you have muscle contractures due to your own body weight being imbalanced towards one side of your body, so try to get sent to physical therapy to get those worked out before you start hitting the gym. This is important because if you start working out without treating them you'll end up overexerting those muscles (or the non-contractured side by compensation) and potentially worsening the lesion and the pain.

As for your active lifestyle,as long as you do a proper workout routine that protects your back, you should be fine. My first hand experience is with lower back scoliosis (L1 through L5) so it might not be the exact same for you (although most of my initial pain also traveled to my trapezes and upper back because I was so tense), but your best bet are core exercises. Your first objective (I mean both as an overall goal and as the first step in your workout routine from now on) should be strengthening your abs and core muscles, even BEFORE you start working on your back, because that's what will help support your body weight and take stress off your spine. Swimming is a popular choice but it's not a necessary one. Refrain from heavy arm/shoulder workouts until your back is no longer in pain, and never start lifting before working your core and back, I cannot stress this enough. Running and cycling can be sort of touch and go, consult with your doctor and they will tell you what to do depending on the severity of your case.
>>
I have scoliosis but my spine makes an S shape. Honestly I can't even feel the pain anymore I'm so used to it. Worse that happens is my nerve will get pinched and my muscle will spazz out. For me my daily life is me constantly leaning left or right never straight, angling my self, switching a dom foot to put weight on. Not to mention it can fuck up your hips too, my right side protrudes more than my left. My upper body is not proportionate to my legs which looks odd. I mean hell I can't even look over the steering wheel but my legs reach pedals and floorboard. In the end scoliosis sucks and prevent it as much as you can
>>
>>18389651
This was really helpful anon. Thank you
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.