[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to find a religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: 5.jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
34KB, 655x527px
Can someone help me find a religion? My mom was a pentecostal protestant, and while they were nice, I didn't believe in their doctrine. Other protestant denominations are too casual for me. I have a bit of interest in Catholicism, but from what I know, there's numerous problems with Catholicism such as the controversies with the higher ups and the European Pagan influence.

Judaism and Eastern Orthodoxy are also both probably the most interesting to me, but there aren't any communities for those religions around here afaik. What religion do you practice /adv/?
>>
File: 57c.jpg (143KB, 680x954px) Image search: [Google]
57c.jpg
143KB, 680x954px
Don't be stage 1.
>>
Religion of peace
>>
Buddhism or Methodist.
>>
File: 1496504030458.png (468KB, 672x754px) Image search: [Google]
1496504030458.png
468KB, 672x754px
>>18387933
Yes. Buddhism is the superior religion because it doesn't value worship and fear of god it instead focuses on being a better person.
>>
Don't do Catholicism. Its a religion of guilt.
>>
>>18387902
>European Pagan influence

most are false information spread by American """"Protestants"""" (unsurprisingly)

>controversies with the higher ups

not really a belief issue but more of a civic issue 2bh. You could start by watching some of Bishop Fulton J. Sheen videos on Youtube .
>>
>>18387902
I'm atheist, but if you want a useful religion that'll make you a better person and not worse, Buddhism
>>
Why the fuck do you "Need" Religion ...
>>
>>18387992
Cool story except your pedopriests and anti-christs are supposedly appointed by god himself according to your insane religion/s.
>>
File: China 008.png (1MB, 872x871px) Image search: [Google]
China 008.png
1MB, 872x871px
>>18387902
If Eastern and Oriental Orthobrocy aren't for you, have you considered looking into conservative Lutheranism (WELS, LCMS, etc)?

It basically is Rome without the pope and with a still ad Orientem liturgy.

Visit one of their services and read the book of concord.

And how about SSPX and such?

>>18387938 >>18387996
Western Pseudo Buddhism. Eastern actual Buddhism is about detachment and nothing else, since positive karma will fuck up your next incarnation and prevent you from Nirvana as much as negative Karma.

Heck, they even have their ISIS like state Buddhisms (Myanmar) that murders Christians (Kachin, Karen, Chin) and Muslims (Rhohingyia) for not being Buddhists.

Tibetan Buddhism is even worse since it has a long history of supporting feudalism and ritual child rape.

IF you wanna go non-christian and Asian, look into Taoism or maybe Shintoism. Not Buddhism. By no means.
>>
>>18388020
the buddists you mention seem to be a minority more akin to WBP church then anything mainstream. In fact since they focus so much on race they could be compared more closely to the KKK.
>>
File: cia-und-dalai-lama.jpg (67KB, 569x456px) Image search: [Google]
cia-und-dalai-lama.jpg
67KB, 569x456px
>>18388030
No. Yes, Myanmar is a minority (but there the system is the whole country). But the thing about detachment is prevalent in all of Buddhism.

And the things said about Tibet WERE reallity there, for all people. Tibet was a clerical monarchy until china took over. The non monks were serfs of the monks, girls abducted for sexual religious rituals (look into the Vajrajanas texts on sexuality in kalchakra tantra), serfs punished with death for stealing food cause being hungry.

Read SS officer Heinrich Harrer's report back home about Tibet when he went there. It speaks of all of that freely and applauds it.

And Mr. Harrer and the Dalai Lama after ww2 stayed friends until Mr. Harrer's death.

Speaking of the Dalai Lama. He btw. led a war against China in the 70s. Pic related.
>>
>>18387902
Trust me you don't need religion, what you do need is to start a cult.
>>
>>18388220
Want to start one with me anon? I always did want to start a cult.

P.S. Not op.
>>
File: IMG_20170531_073745.jpg (29KB, 512x228px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170531_073745.jpg
29KB, 512x228px
I unironically suggest the church of kek. They have very credible reasons that Kek is real.
>>
>>18388244
checked
>>
>>18388244
No other anons will fall for that though. The best you could get is r/thedonald tards and that's basically child abuse.
>>
Maybe start your own religion or group?

I always liked the idea of a church that instead of reading old texts all day, they have a brief life advice topic of the week, then they annouce some problems in their local area and people split into geoup to just help with those problems. Pratical problems.

Park is dirty? Lets clean it.

Neighbor is in a wheelchair now? Lets build him a ramp, find someone who can walk his dog.

Crime spree in neighborhood? Lets make a community watch

Then after everyone comes back and just eats dinner has some beers maybe and plays ping pong or whatever. Donations go towards maintaining a ymca style hangout place that's free to active members.

No belief system is required or barred, unless you're isis or wbc, then fuck off our group will actively work against you.
>>
>>18388310
Sounds good. First we must create a website and recruit people from across the globe. Then we must start campaigning in our general area.
>>
>>18388240

i kinda manage a cult. nothing super serious or strict but... i think it'd be defined as a cult
>>
>>18387902
>numerous problems with Catholicism such as the controversies with the higher ups and the European Pagan influence.
Still better than any of the cuck reformation religions. Suffering is close to Godliness anon, Catholicism best Christianity.

>Judaism and Eastern Orthodoxy are also both probably the most interesting to me
I'm curious to know why
>>
>>18388402
How many member?
What do you 'believe'?
What is the power structure?
>>
>>18388418

i think we have technically 600 people set up but not nearly as many are serious followers. we have members in new york, new hampshire, los angeles, colorado, and a few in florida.

basically we believe hinduism but with more american and modern twists to it. we all reincarnate, and some of us are higher up on that scale than others.

the power structure is rather loose. the entire world is divided into four categories, but anyone who joins our group tends to be in the top two categories.

once you make it to the top category you can also be a 'first generation' or 'second generation'. second generation is considered somewhat 'advanced' because you already experienced the first generation.

our 'leader' is only a first generation, but I am a second generation, so im technically ahead of him, but its something that a lot of the younger members are so its not that big a deal.

aside from that the actual power structure tends to just be based on who is closest to our 'leader'. since I manage the "business" (cult) I'm the second in command and its expected by his followers that I will take over once he passes on.

from there we got some of his long term clients (members) who hes known since the 80s and are part of his private mediumship groups.
>>
>>18388433
lol fucking nice. what's it called I want to check it out.
>>
>>18388445

The bill burns organization
>>
>>18388494
This him? http://www.billburns.org/
Do you actually believe this or are you in it for teh lulz and powah?
>>
>>18388499

No matter which answer I give people villainise me.

Yep that's us.
>>
>>18388518
okay cool. I'm out
>>
>>18388521

Out?
>>
Join the cult of Gadget Hackwrench.
>>
Muslim if you wanna go kabooom !
>>
>>18387902
I'm in the same boat OP.
I've just been reading the bible as of late.
I have no idea about just showing up to a church, seems odd for a person my age.
>>
>>18388693
Nothing wrong with it. Just do so, and talk to the pastor/ priest afterwards.
>>
File: 24.jpg (20KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
20KB, 600x600px
>>18387902
They are all bullshit.

Do this its more fun

>Make up a religion
>write it all down in some understandable format
>see how many people you can convince
>probably none
however this is where it gets good
> hide this book in some kind of container, that could protect it for years
>No doubt someone years in the future will find it and spread it like any other religion
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.