[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Awkward guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: kimmy-schmidt-21-women-talk.gif (2MB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
kimmy-schmidt-21-women-talk.gif
2MB, 500x300px
I have a crush on a pretty awkward and shy guy since last year.
I always felt like he had a thing for me as well. He is very sweet to me - he compliments me quite a bit (both on my physical appearance and my personality), he always tries to cheer me up, he goes out of his way to make me happy. He often says stuff like he feels that he doesn't deserve me or that I'm too good for him. He talk much more than he talks to most other people (even his parents). We hang out a lot.

Recently I try to start physical contact but he doesn't get the hint. We were watching a movie at my place, I hugged him and kissed his shoulder, and he just froze.
He's not virgin and had girlfriends before, so he shouldn't be scared to go for a fucking kiss.

I don't want to scare him off and be too forward, but I don't know what to do at this point.

Does he just not like me?
Should I just go for the kiss? Should I just tell him I like him and I want to date him?
>>
He's probably gay and you will die alone. GAME=0VER
>>
>>18387815
>He's probably gay
He gets hard when I touch him. He had 2 girlfriends before. Never showed interest in dudes.

>you will die alone
I have other options. I just really like him.
>>
>>18387814
Inform him of your demands at gunpoint, Or just tell him what you want from him in detail without being to explicit.
>>
>>18387823
THEN WHAT WAS THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD, WHEN YOU HAVE OTHER OPTIONS, Sally screamed through her new Nokia mobile phone.
>>
>>18387829
I like him much more than other guys.

>>18387826
So I should confess? Lol.
>>
>>18387814
>I hugged him and kissed his shoulder, and he just froze
He's just scared OP but you need to help us understand why. Is he scared of women in general? You said he's had gf's so perhaps thats not it or maybe it took them some time to break through too? Or, perhaps he thinks you could hurt him? He knows you have options, are those options in his face so he knows if he opens himself to you you may have something similar with another guy?
>>
>>18387814
Do you have a penis or a vagina?
>>
>>18387847
Yes you should confess, or drop the most blatant hints you possibly could if you have to spare your pride.

Or just get one of your friends to do the talking for you if you cannot fathom confessing?
>>
>>18387854
A vagina.

>>18387850
He's pretty awkward and shy, not really the kind of guy who hits on girls or anything.
One of the girls was his high school sweetheart, they had been together for 4 years and had been friends for 3 before. I don't know exactly what happened with the other girl, just saw her sometimes in college and he told me she was his ex.

I'm reasonably cute and he knows that I have other guys asking me out and such. One of his friends asked me out as well.
I have a huge crush on him and I basically don't even acknowledge the existence of other guys tho, so unless he got a completely wrong impression of everything he should know. I've rejected every guy who asked me out over the last 10 months because I like him.
>>
>>18387856
I don't care about my pride, I just thought it would make him feel pressured or embarrassed.
I've never been in this position before, it is just pretty frustrating.
>>
>>18387875
>One of his friends asked me out as well
Ooops. How did that happen and not implying you encouraged it?

10 months, no dates (formal or informal) or hook ups he may know about and the only guy you spend alone time with is him?
>>
If he knows you have other options then he probably isn't inclined to compete with those other options. It can be pretty discouraging.
>>
>>18387894
>He often says stuff like he feels that he doesn't deserve me or that I'm too good for him

You are right anon. He doesn't think he has a prayer with OP.
>>
>>18387884
>How did that happen and not implying you encouraged it?
We all met around the same time because one of his friends is engaged to one of my friends. We all hang out together since.
We went out for a birthday party. I was talking to his friend and he asked me out on a date.
I thanked him and rejected him, avoid any one-on-one contact since.

>10 months, no dates (formal or informal) or hook ups he may know about and the only guy you spend alone time with is him?
No dates and no hookups. I never hooked up with anybody in general, and I rejected every guy who asked me out because I really like this guy and I want to date him. We get along really well, he's a very kind person, he's really funny and smart. I have been crushing on him since the first time we talked.

I have one male friend I spend time alone with, but he knows he's just a friend. He has been my best friend since I was 6, and he's getting married soon. Also awkward qt is my date to my best friend's wedding.
>>
>>18387894
>>18387900

But there's no competition! I like him. I chose him over every other option and he's not even trying.
>>
He just asked me to hang out tonight.

Do I confess, anons? What do I tell him?
>>
Just fuck already
>>
>>18388033
I'd like to. Don't really want to rape him tho?
>>
>>18387814
He's too shy to act on "hints".

Just be straightforward with him – tell him you really like him. Ask him if he'd like to kiss you.

It'll give him the confidence to finally act on the feelings you think he has.
>>
>>18387979
yes its time.

You have proven yourself. Just tell him you are nervous but have to let him know you like him more every day, can't help it and hope he feels the same. Keep it simple in your declaration but if its reciprocated make sure he knows what you have told us here about ignoring any advance by other guys.
>>
>>18388037
ASK HIM GAHDAMMIT

He's the epitome of virgin like most of us guys on /adv/ he's scared shitless and probably won't do anything unless you make the first move. If you like him ask him stop getting hung up on stupid shit like the trope of men always asking first or some crap.
>>
>>18388037
It's not rape. It sounds like homeboy is beta as fuck and lucked out with you. Enable his beta attitude and force yourself on him. Huge ego trip and eventually you will realize how futile all this is but at least the itch has been scratched.
>>
>>18388050
The kiss part made me cringe a bit.
If he cannot take initiative to kiss me after I tell him I like him, I'm going to stab him.

>>18388051
I'll go for it tonight. I'll keep it simple.
I'll probably just tell him that I have a huge crush on him since we first met and that I'd really like to be more than friends. Or something like this.

I think he knows I've rejected everyone else. We spend 3/4 of our free time together, I wouldn't have had time to date anyway.

>>18388052
He's not even virgin! He had girls before.
I did try to make the first move, he just spergs super hard when I try to escalate things naturally.
I'll tell him I like him tonight.

>>18388053
He is a bit beta but I don't really care. He's really a good person, one of the kindest guys I've ever met.
>>
>>18388078
Good luck dude. He probably is totally into you already you just need to break down that wall
>>
>>18388078
I think he knows you like him already but he is just like you, not knowing exactly how to make it happen.

Not sure of the crush term, that seems temporary and where you are now is way past that.
>>
>>18387814
lol he is not attracted to you, bud
call him beta pussy in this echo chamber all you like
>>
>>18388099
Why do you think so?
He always seemed interested in me. Then maybe I read it all wrong.
>>
>>18388094
I hope so. Thank you, anon.
I'll update later.

>>18388097
>Not sure of the crush term, that seems temporary and where you are now is way past that.
Yeah, you're right. I'll simply tell him I like him.
>>
>>18388105
don't let anon fuck with you. he wouldn't say you were too good for him if he hadn't already thought through a relationship with you. He's been trying to figure out if you like him but more importantly why would you want him.
>>
Do you actually know about his former girlfriends or has he just told you about them?

If so, chances are that he's a virgin and just inexperienced, I did the same thing with the first girl I was with, I said that I had a girlfriend before (which I did in grade school lol)
When she made moves on me like you did, I just didn't know what to do, I was a bit scared to touch her even though she was cuddling with me and grinding against me, it's obvious now but back then and there I just had so many thoughts going through my head that I couldn't focus on what was actually happening.

Be patient with him, or even better confess yourself.
>>
>>18388105
>Recently I try to start physical contact but he doesn't get the hint. We were watching a movie at my place, I hugged him and kissed his shoulder, and he just froze

Most of the time this happened, either he is a 4chan tier beta sperg who can't talk to girls or he is a normal guy who simply wants to remain a friend to you.

Most people here would believe it's the first case due to projection and craving of female intimacy, while it is likely the second case. HOWEVER, the advice given about being direct to him with what you want is sound.
>>
>>18388117
>Do you actually know about his former girlfriends or has he just told you about them?
He told me, but I know for sure they exist because our friends referred to "his ex" a couple of times.
I'll confess tonight anyway, so I either get fucked or get closure.

>>18388111
At NYE he was drunk and he started talking to me about how much he "doesn't deserve me", that I shouldn't put up with a fuck up like him, and that I should find someone better who could make me happy because he clearly isn't good enough.
I started basically confessing but our friends arrived and we just went back to the party thingy we were at and ignored it since.
He brought up the "not good enough" thing a few times after that too.
>>
>>18388137
Poor guy has bottomed out self confidence. Probably took a lot of shit early in life. This will probably be one hell of an ego boost but note that this probably won't go away for a while. Be prepped to deal with that.
>>
>>18388137
>He brought up the "not good enough" thing a few times after that too
he definitely wants to conclude that conversation so I trust you guys will take care of that tonight. Good luck
>>
>>18388129
I do agree with you, really. If any other guy rejected my advances like he did, I wouldn't even bother.

I think he likes me, tho. Any time I'm physically close to him, he is hard in his pants. He texts me nearly every day, we hang out often. He tells me how pretty/cute I am, or compliments my personality. He tells me a lot of cheesy stuff. He gets jealous when guys hit on me. He is super attentive to all things that happen to me and always goes out of his way to be nice to me.
I do have male friends and they don't act like this, and I know he doesn't act like this with his female friends.
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, and I'll get rejected tonight, but still.
>>
>>18388140
Yeah, he did. He wasn't really lucky growing up.
I don't mind helping him out, he is worth it.

>>18388142
Thanks anon. He's coming over in an hour or so, I'll update when he leaves.
>>
>He's not virgin

you sure?
>>
>>18388175
Well, no. But he said so.
We're in our mid-20s, he had a couple of girlfriends, he's not religious so I don't think he is virgin.
He's a total sperg tho (but I think it is cute).
>>
>>18388156
It's really funny now that all those added details contradict your original question.

I mean you already convinced yourself that he likes you and have no trouble adding more and more evidence of such belief.

I'm almost entirely sure that he exists but is nothing like the guy you are depicting here.

I'm out
lol
>>
>>18388186
I just don't get why its gone on so long. Seems they got close on NYE, see each other all the time, OP says she doesn't have other guys but nothing. Why?
>>
>>18388186
>It's really funny now that all those added details contradict your original question.
What contradicts the original post?
I said in the original post that I think he likes me and listed some of the same things that I said in the post you replied to, adding more detail in the 2nd post.

>I'm almost entirely sure that he exists but is nothing like the guy you are depicting here.
Of course I'm biased but I don't think I said anything untrue.

lol.
>>
>>18388215
Just some asshurt r9k douchebags nothing to see here moving on
>>
>>18388250
>asshurt r9k douchebags
What? Kek.
>>
>>18388250
but OP still likes him :D
>>
>>18388274
A whole lot, too.

He'll be here in 10 and I'm panicking. Lol.
>>
>>18388289
Deep breaths and relax dude, you'll be fine lol
>>
>>18387847
>So I should confess? Lol.
Pretty much. Not in the fall-to-your-knees-and-proclaim-your-eternal-and-undying-love way. But tell him you like him and that you'd like to go steady with him (or whatever it is kids call it these days).
>>
>>18387814
youre going to have to take the wheel on this one
>Should I just go for the kiss?
probably your best bet
>>
TL;DR - I confessed, he reciprocates, he actually kissed me.

He arrived. We had dinner and a couple of beers, then we sat on the couch and talked for a bit about some random shit.
I was really nervous, so he asked me what was wrong.
I told him that I liked him a lot, since the very first time we talked, and I wanted to be more than friends. I told him that I needed to know if he felt the same way or not, at this point.
He sat there in silence for like a minute, then he told me that he liked me a lot too, but that he had a lot going on and basically said the things he told me at NYE - that he's a fuck up, that he doesn't know why I feel this way for him, that he isn't good enough and shit.
I called him an idiot and was about to cry, I felt like he was trying to let me down easy.
Then he actually got up and kissed me. He was shaking. He hugged me, we laid down on the couch, cuddled and kissed for a bit.
He asked me a thousand time if I am sure about dating, if I know how much of a fuck up he is, then when I reassured him he called me his girlfriend so I guess we are good.
He's sleeping over. I'm totally hiding in the bathroom to update.

Thanks guys! You helped me a lot and I'm so happy.
>>
File: cotndance.gif (1MB, 406x449px) Image search: [Google]
cotndance.gif
1MB, 406x449px
>>18388935
Godspeed you crazy broad
>>
>>18388935
Nice!
Best of luck to the two of you.
>>
File: giphy.gif (915KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
915KB, 500x200px
>>18388935
Nice one dudette, good luck!
>>
File: yeet.jpg (40KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
yeet.jpg
40KB, 620x400px
>>18388935
Congrats! That's awesome!
>>
nice story :D
>>
awww made me melt, adorable, wish you luck :D
>>
Just be "the man" in the relationship

Some guys, either due to fear or disinterest, aren't going to make any moves. You've got to make them instead.

Equality, baby.
>>
>>18388935
yeah, good for you OP. I like how you guys did this. Instead of fucking first on a hook up and then trying to get to know each other or gushing love shit you got to know each other, ignored other possible romantic distractions and kept getting closer. Great outcome.
>>
>>18389105
I've been very feminist tonight, dude.

>>18388949
>>18388966
>>18389004
>>18389018
>>18389031
>>18389040
>>18389114
Thank you so much! You have no idea about how happy I am. Thanks for convincing me.
He's sleeping now, I'll fall asleep soon.
Love you all.
>>
File: images (8).jpg (8KB, 266x200px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
8KB, 266x200px
Shit, I can relate to how he feels...

This was a heartwarming read. Best of luck, OP, and thank you for sharing.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.