[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I clingy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Been in LDR with bf for almost a year. See each other once a month. Landed Internship somewhere relatively close for the summer. Want to see him during the week sometimes and on weekends. Says it's too much and that he likes his independence. He doesn't even like me spending the night because he says he sleeps better alone. Am I really being too much? During the week I suggested stuff like me making dinner, and then something like video games, even if it's separate just physically together. This is my first LDR, and I want to respect his space but for some reason I'm really struggling and it's been a bit painful.
>>
Sounds like he doesn't want to be with you.
>>
>>18387691

Asking to see each other a few times a week in a relationship is not clingy or unreasonable. But it's something you have to talk through with him. If you're unsatisfied seeing him so rarely and he's unwilling to see you more often, it's possible your needs simply don't meet at all and you'd both be better off with other people.
>>
>>18387703
I mean, he says that even though hes this way, at the end of the day he still wants to be with me and loves me.
I just don't understand, if he doesn't want to be with me. Then why string me along like this
>>
>>18387705
You're probably right. It just makes me feel so unwanted when he rejects my want to see him a couple of times during the week
>>
>>18387708
He wants his cake and eat it to. Friend does this. She broke up with guy because she wanted to fuck another dude. She wanted to stay friends only to keep the boyfriend talk shit with ex and the fucking and social outings with new dude. The point is that he is ironically the former. He wants the talking and validation of being with someone without the fun of their physical presence. Need both to be healthy.
>>
>>18387708
Keeping options open.

I suspect there's another woman in the crosshairs that he may or may not yet actually be involved with, and is not sure is going to work out.
>>
>>18387716
That's something im really afraid of
>>
>>18387715
Thank you, this whole time I thought it was me
>>
Pretty weird. I agree with some voices here, as wanting to see your boyfriend a few times a week is not clingy at all. Long distance can fuck things up pretty bad, I'm surprised he isn't thrilled as this means you're clearly wanting to spend time with him (good) more frequent sex (neat).

I too sadly suspect something foul here, like another girl he's interested in. But it's also quite possible he isn't mature enough/doesn't even want an actual relationship and you being around more is worrying him, he sees it as too big of a change in his status quo and is very nervous and concerned about it.

Definitely tell him you want to spend more time with him. If he doesn't want you around more, it's possible he just isn't ready for an actual relationship and you may be better moving on to someone who is. You're seeming pretty reasonable here, don't worry at all about that.
>>
>>18387840
Thank you so much for your response.
I seriously think that's it's him not being mature enough and I'm disrupting his status quo.
But I'm not sure what I can do about that? Like how do I help ease that? Do I even attempt to? Or do I still voice my concerns?
>>
>>18387886
Well you obviously can't make him ready for the change, really, it's something he has to want himself. You can try and help, but it sounds like you're being pretty good about it as it is.

Yes, voice your concerns. Tell him you just want to spend time with him. You're definitely not asking for a whole lot, seeing your boyfriend/girlfriend a couple times a week isn't crazy at all. If he keeps up this attitude of making you feel clingy, then it's possible he just isn't as ready as you and it may be time to break things off, sadly. However if he's receptive, maybe says he is worried/ not ready but willing to change, then there's hope for him and you'll just have to see how it goes. Give him some time and if there isn't much change, sadly again I think you're better off moving on than wasting your time.
>>
If I were you I'd try talk to him about it and how it makes you feel. See what comes out of that.

Being perfectly honest it sounds like you deserve better. You seem very nice. But it is what it is.

Hope you two can work it out :)
>>
>>18387910
>>18387919
Thank you so much for the advice you guys!
I'll be talking about it with him today. I hope he's understanding and open and willing to compromise. Because I definitely am.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.